How To Get Rid Of Ants In Your Apartment?

I bought some ant/roach spray at Foodland and it worked great killing the ants. I'm sure it's available at most major stores.

It's made by S.C. Johnson so I assumed it would be pretty advanced stuff, but my apartment smelled like diesel fuel until I let it air out for a day. 3 weeks later, still no ants and no residual smell after leaving the windows open for a day.

They bit me so bad my arm swelled up like a balloon, and I've never had that kind of reaction to ant bites- even fire ants in Texas and Mexico.

Edited by impulse

That chemical spray available in every 7/11 shop does work wonders. But as a poster has already said, it stinks. Spray, ventilate and no more ants.

Spray doorsteps, around the windows and other places they can get in. Leave the house for a few hours and come back to an ant free house.

Also follow the lines of ants to see where they are coming in an zap them.

try keeping the place free of all foodstuffs, they only come looking for food, if you leave out a bit of sugary stuff etc Coke etc etc theyll latch onto it. Keep the house clean shouldnt have a problem. They also like potted plants so keep em outdoors

goto big c, lotus or home pro etc and get some stuff called srs, it's about 50 baht and has a green clear plastic case, (you don't need the case jsut poor it out onto an area where some ants are and within a day they will all be gone)

if you have a lot get 2 lots, always good to have a spare in the house

if you can try and trace where they are going .

maybe clean where they have been a day later.

great stuff,

it's only the red ants that seem to bite people

goto big c, lotus or home pro etc and get some stuff called srs, it's about 50 baht and has a green clear plastic case, (you don't need the case jsut poor it out onto an area where some ants are and within a day they will all be gone)

great stuff,

I second this as have used myself and very effective. If you can put the container (or the contents) next to one of their trails they will divert to it, take it back to the nest and get killed off. From memory I think it is in red packaging but could be wrong.

Yes SRS is poisened bait - so they take it back to their nest - may take a couple of days. Ant will find any crack or hole to get through, so follow the line back to the hole and plug it up (a bit of blue-tak, plastic tape or filler works well). Also you can buy chalk that contains poison , you just draw a line and they can't cross it - works with door frames and concrete floors well, but obviously not carpets or glazed tiles (though the grouting gaps between work). For outside, balcony or yard perhaps, ant powder works well too. Outside nests can be killed with more SRS bait or boiling water poured onto it.

great stuff,

Have to try that srs, tried chaindrite spray and powder, they just find an alternate route, we sometimes get mot cunn in the house just before rain, they bite but its annoying more than painful.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

yes i tried all of them too and the easiest is srs in red packet with a green plastic box, just poor it out in suitable locations where the ants go, don't do anything else until all the stufffs gone then clean up etc and plug holes after .

the idea is not to kill the few you see they take it back and kill all of them.

i just poor it out on the floor or something.

good luck

I found the SRS reasonably effective. It comes with a green "trap" but when I put the bait in the trap the ants didn't enter so I just poured it on surfaces. The only problem is the bait is too big for the really tiny ants to carry back to their nest, so while it kills off the bigger ants, the tiny ones remain.

Also there are probably loads of ant nests in your apartment building and there are always one or two searching for new food sources, so all it takes is one night where you've left some food on a surface and you might wake up to hundreds of ants tucking into your leftovers.

Edited by edwardandtubs

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem... But i have tried ARS but the ants just sniffed at it and continued to search for other food.... I have tried many different sprays but the ants just walks over the sprayed area a couple of days later.. Nothing seems to work...

Do you guys have any picture of the SRS product?

ARS

Ars-59-4318.jpg

Strange , but after painting my condo new , i did not see not one ant anymore , even on the kitchen wall or inside closets...., checking the paint ingridientsi saw paint is anti fungicide & anti micro organisms , so i assume they do not like the paint .....or is it the colour they do not like maybe ? biggrin.png

• 1 month later...