Live Like A Monk Or Pay Like A Clunk

xoxman

I came to thailand many times over the last 10 years and I certainly had my fun but since I am living here I'm trying to get serious, looking for a normal girlfriend. Impossible so far. There are millions of posts telling the same. So, what's the point. Should I pay for it and give a shit like everyone in this country ? Or does anyone know someone who does NOT pay for his Thai girlfriend ? Tell me, wonna learn. How do you guys deal with this specific problem ?

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Your inability to even understand how to attract 'normal' women probably stems from the fact that you've simply slapped down some baht for any hooker you've wanted.

Pretty typical of many westerners living here . . . total loss of a sense of value - I bet you'd run a mile if a woman started a discussion about politics, economics or architecture . . . are you afraid of western women?

• Like 2

Let's start with a couple basics before you start finding your dream:

1. Prostitutes accept payments.

2. "Normal" girl friends don't charge. There's other things they should like about you besides your wallet.

Indeed.. and giving a salary to a gf is almost like point 1 here.

You would be hardly likely to find marriageable material working in a bar. Not impossible, but hardly likely

I have been very happily married for 10 years and tell myself that I am now past any temptation to wander. However I pick up vibes from seemingly respectable ladies that they would be interested in getting to know me better and I am well into my spritely 70's so I do not see what your problem is. Be polite and smile, act the clown a little (Thais do not readily understand jokes), and offer a compliment. Before long the question is posed about whether or not I have a lady. Such a question has been asked by the lady issuing me with a new driving licence, a couple of bank clerks and a couple of nurses amongst others. The number of ladies working in 711 who have shown interest I have lost count of, similarly waitresses in restaurants. One gorgeous young thing who was pretty obviously a uni or college student making a few shekels passed me her telephone number after I tipped her 100 baht for her outstanding and cheerful service. I was with my wife at the time and she saw the funny side of it.

I find that the rules are the same the whole world over. Be generous, humourous and take an interest in her rather than telling her about yourself. A bunch of flowers or a box of chocolates delivered the day after a date and bingo, Home and dry.The bigger problem in Thailand is, for want of a phrase, ditching them when you realise that the relationship isn't going to work or is what you ae looking for.

Hi ‘xoxman’ you know mate, men have been asking this question since the beginning of time.

As I see it women are like busses, (in that they turn up all at once or none at all) But this is not the main problem……..The main problem is most men haven’t got a ‘Scooby doo’ how to….’hop aboard’, let alone drive said bus, me included!

But take heart. Thailand has a surplus of girls, generally over 30 with good job’s and passed over by Thai men because these women refuse to be manipulated by them, who are happy to pay their way and not see you as a walking wallet.

1st step, in my opinion, if you’re going on the pull. Dress smart, be respectful and go to places other than farang hangouts are.

Before you go you need to study the following panel and understand what each and every knob and button does……..

Note; this photo give you all you need to know to pull all around the world.

Go get em tiger!

post-69255-0-24736300-1329645213_thumb.j

Edited by metisdead
Use the default forum font when posting.
  • Like 1

Odd that this thread is going down the path of discussing (and imagining) aspects of Thai women that the OP might or might not get involved with.

The OP has pointed out he is not meeting women he might want to get into a serious relationship with. And asks [sic] should he remain without a woman or should he hiring.

My personal opinion is that if he wants to have a serious relationship with a regular woman then he ought best stay away from prostitutes. Why? Well because down that road he's very likely to wind up collecting the same set of extrapolated views we read page after page of here on TV. Experience with Thai prostitutes extrapolated into views about all Thai women.

I suspect that since the OP asks this questions he has already considered what he is looking for, perhaps not yet considered where he is looking or are his expectations reasonable.

After being ripped off a couple of times by a Thai prostitute and a 'gifted amateur' dear friend of mine had given up all hope of meeting a woman he might ever trust, let alone settle down with. He four years as a single man and is now in the 5th year of a very happy marriage to the right woman who eventually did turn up, right when he wasn't looking.

I'd say a single life is far better than a life in a relationship based on you dishing up the cash.

I'd also say that while the OP is looking for a good woman, there are plenty of good women looking for a good man.

If he's seen as being a good man, one of these women will find him.

Get away from the bars and ladies of the night and you can get some beautiful, hard working, caring women in Thailand who are after a relationship. But you do not usually get these type of women on the first meeting. All the good women I have met have had a chaperone with them for the intital nights out.

The 'slappers' or prozzies do not tend to do it that way.

But we always pay one way or another at the end of the day.

It depends on how much money you have and how quickly you can learn the language. Some people have trouble learning a new language of any sort let alone an Asian language. And besides that, why would you actually WANT to get married and live in Thailand? it's certainly not for everyone as so many of the posts on thaivisa point out.

Oh, and as pattayadingo points out... you pay one way or another for a serious relationship in any country, either through emotional problems, financial problems, or lack of freedom.

Edited by IanForbes
  • Like 1

You would be hardly likely to find marriageable material working in a bar. Not impossible, but hardly likely

I have been very happily married for 10 years and tell myself that I am now past any temptation to wander. However I pick up vibes from seemingly respectable ladies that they would be interested in getting to know me better and I am well into my tritely 70's so I do not see what your problem is. Be polite and smile, act the clown a little (Thais do not readily understand jokes), and offer a compliment. Before long the question is posed about whether or not I have a lady. Such a question has been asked by the lady issuing me with a new driving licence, a couple of bank clerks and a couple of nurses amongst others. The number of ladies working in 711 who have shown interest I have lost count of, similarly waitresses in restaurants. One gorgeous young thing who was pretty obviously a uni or college student making a few shekels passed me her telephone number after I tipped her 100 baht for her outstanding and cheerful service. I was with my wife at the time and she saw the funny side of it. I find that the rules are the same the whole world over. Be generous, humourous and take an interest in her rather than telling her about yourself. A bunch of flowers or a box of chocolates delivered the day after a date and bingo, home and dry.The bigger problem in Thailand is, for want of a phrase, ditching them when you realise that the relationship isn't going to work or is what you are looking for.

100% correct - They will find you if you are nice, funny, a little polite, & have some money!!!

If they talk with you, they interested, real world & virtual, take a look on fb, more then 3 replies then they are seeking someone [you], anyway this man Ianfobes seems to be correct in most post, regarding Thai girls. I’ve more dates then I can handle from fb Thai girls. Even was offer a BJ from a News Presenter in BKK 2 months ago, on my wall – I said no – long way.

Relating stuff a little: One of the reasons why the human race has survived for hundreds of thousands of years is the fact that nature has 'programmed' men to be mad keen on penetrating women – and getting sperm into them.

That may not sound very nice, but it's the truth. The primary sexual objective of a human male is to get his penis inside a woman – and to discharge his sperm into her.

And even though many guys succeed in being faithful to their partners, the scientific truth is that males are really 'programmed' to inseminate as many attractive females as possible.

So the fact of the matter is that the human race has survived in the main because primitive men went round fertilising a lot of women – thus ensuring the continuance of the species.

Bye bye…

Edited by DtemJai

the way i see it it that TV posters in general have so keenly developed their sense of misogyny over their previously failed marriages that they are doomed to a lifetime of disappointment.

Most would not be able to recognize a keeper even if they found one.

I often wonder how many of these bitter souls have actually turned good women bad.

• Like 1

I have been very happily married for 10 years and tell myself that I am now past any temptation to wander. However I pick up vibes from seemingly respectable ladies that they would be interested in getting to know me better and I am well into my spritely 70's so I do not see what your problem is. Be polite and smile, act the clown a little (Thais do not readily understand jokes), and offer a compliment. Before long the question is posed about whether or not I have a lady. Such a question has been asked by the lady issuing me with a new driving licence, a couple of bank clerks and a couple of nurses amongst others. The number of ladies working in 711 who have shown interest I have lost count of, similarly waitresses in restaurants. One gorgeous young thing who was pretty obviously a uni or college student making a few shekels passed me her telephone number after I tipped her 100 baht for her outstanding and cheerful service. I was with my wife at the time and she saw the funny side of it.

I find that the rules are the same the whole world over. Be generous, humourous and take an interest in her rather than telling her about yourself. A bunch of flowers or a box of chocolates delivered the day after a date and bingo, Home and dry.The bigger problem in Thailand is, for want of a phrase, ditching them when you realise that the relationship isn't going to work or is what you ae looking for.

That pretty much nailed my 15 years of experiences in Thailand. I guess that is why my rose coloured glasses haven't got scratched or gone dim. I'm always joking around and I smile all the time. I don't lie, cheat or steal... EVER. And, I haven't since a traumatic experience when I was 18 years old. I never get drunk and I treat everyone with respect. Those that don't deserve it get ignored.

That may not sound very nice, but it's the truth. The primary sexual objective of a human male is to get his penis inside a woman – and to discharge his sperm into her.

Well it is certainly true in my case. Eat food. Copulate with women. What else it there?

371186_1385927324_2004830759_n.jpg

Go fishing of course... or take up golf if you are really desperate. What else would a man do? Oh yah, watch sports on Television.

the way i see it it that TV posters in general have so keenly developed their sense of misogyny over their previously failed marriages that they are doomed to a lifetime of disappointment.

Most would not be able to recognize a keeper even if they found one.

I often wonder how many of these bitter souls have actually turned good women bad.

My thoughts exactly, the fear of western women is palpable with many posters on TV or other Thai-based sites. I am always amazed at comments that pertain to coming here looking for a wife . . . like it is a supermarket and normal rules of finding a partner don't apply