Australian Tourist Visa Application

On 12/21/2018 at 10:30 PM, Chpied said:

I think my application was more than what was required, i showed bank details, explained about what and how his farm works. I had previously done a 3 month tourist visa for my partners son, to my surprise they gave him a 12 month multiple entry visa on his first application, he is 20 not married no children, I would of thought if there was any risk it would be him ( on there assessment criteria ). 

From what your posted there is a lot of flags/indicators with the application that would concern immigration and unless you addressed these very well I can see why it was refused.

I would say on the face of it, the son would be less of a risk. Not married/no children is pretty normal for a 20 year old, plus he is your partners son, most likely would be staying with you and most likely you/your partner already support him in some form.

On 12/21/2018 at 10:30 PM, Chpied said:

I do understand the amount of applications they must get but I believe if you are the sponsor, then the onus’s should be on you that they return and if they don’t return, you will be fined $5k AUD, far better than a refusal for someone that will 100% return home and will be supported 100% while he is hear.

You can only sponsor direct family members, you can't sponsor your BIL, your partner could have applied for a sponsored tourist visa which immigration can and often do require a bond up front. The bond is normally more than $5k -30kAUD.

23 hours ago, weri said:

coming to think of it, who in the right mind want to come to the <deleted> up Australia anyway? I in my mind I go rather to Thailand and spend a few weeks with great people and best hospitality, than travel around in this laughable country called Australia which I choose to migrate to in 1970 and have regretted it of late as this once great country is systematically destroyed by the stupidity of our greedy politicians. Whish is also reflected in the stupidity of the Australian Embassies! 

Well you should send your thanks to immigration and Atchima for refusing you friend a visa, seems like from your own words they did them a big favor, plus they made some money for the government at the same time. 555 

Edited by PhanomR

• 1 month later...

What ever you do don't give them or go for partner sponsorship visa as I have problems with my one they dump you once the two year period is over there is no such thing as loyality or respect to you even if you have kids with her because they know they will be in a better position to get more out of you, so please be wise and not gullible as I was and also back home they make fun of you for giving what they want

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2018 at 4:29 PM, weri said:

My visa application was for a married Thai woman who has husband and son and her own house as well as two brother and large family, also very involve in local community work, like Thai dance and anniversaries, living in Thailand, also is of mature age and wanted to visit myself and partner (wife) to see some of Australia after they (her family) showed me lots of Thailand, so as a "thank you" I wanted to show her some of my country. I've known her family since 2014 and have been with them 3 times, I had contacted the Embassy several times and asked for an appointment before sending in the application, so I could discuss any further evidence they might require, never had an answer back from them and my application (that ticked all required points) was rejected after 3 days by this "Atchima" who claims, that after "careful consideration" the person in the application would have "NO" intention to return to Thailand. 

So what is the Australian Embassy doing???? And why us there no recourse??? what about the fee paid??? This is unbelievable stupidity from the Embassy that's supposed to help the tourists,  

Did you try again?

I have just been through the same process . Same result !! our niece wanted to come for a holiday, paid for by us and staying with us . I have done several applications for tourist visas in the past, all successfull,

This application we did everything we could.  letter from employer granting her leave and guaranteeing her Job when she returned, invite letter with holiday itinery and financial records, refused because we didnt provide proof of relationship( despite the niece and my wife having the same surname!) so our support wasn't taken in to consideration.

After a phone call to Immigration in Australia, Bangkok won't talk to you!, told to re submit and address relationship proof, did that with stat decs and letter from head man in village,

Still got refused, this time told that she fit their profile of a non genuine tourist, the right age (28), from a low economic group with little prospects so would work here and not return. Despite two stat decs from Australian citizens stating she would obey all conditions and return home before visa expired!
So two applications, two trips to Bangkok to do Biometrics and $400 out of pocket

Never been more disgusted in our government and their policies

Can feel your pain and disgust mate !!

Unbelievable how the Immigration department treat their own citizens as if they were of no value at all, show no respect and no compassion whatsoever.  If I were you I would try to contact your local member of parliament and explain what happened. Just one phone call from them can get your application fixed.  Just because they have this dumb policy that's supposed to catch over-stayers/workers they think they can apply it to everyone without consequences.  Bloody asylum seekers and illegal immigrants get treated better than Australian citizens and genuine Thai tourists.  

1 hour ago, xerostar said:

Can feel your pain and disgust mate !!

Unbelievable how the Immigration department treat their own citizens as if they were of no value at all, show no respect and no compassion whatsoever.  If I were you I would try to contact your local member of parliament and explain what happened. Just one phone call from them can get your application fixed.  Just because they have this dumb policy that's supposed to catch over-stayers/workers they think they can apply it to everyone without consequences.  Bloody asylum seekers and illegal immigrants get treated better than Australian citizens and genuine Thai tourists.  

Tried the local federal member, complete waste of time. sent her all the information and this is the reply i got!

We’ve spoken to the Department and they reminded us that each application is considered on its merits.

It remains open to Venita to apply again and especially address the reasons for refusal.

I gather she needs to provide the evidence to convince the Department that she will return home.

I’m sorry we can’t be of more assistance at this time

On 12/22/2018 at 9:58 AM, weri said:

coming to think of it, who in the right mind want to come to the <deleted> up Australia anyway? I in my mind I go rather to Thailand and spend a few weeks with great people and best hospitality, than travel around in this laughable country called Australia which I choose to migrate to in 1970 and have regretted it of late as this once great country is systematically destroyed by the stupidity of our greedy politicians. Whish is also reflected in the stupidity of the Australian Embassies! 

Totally agree with you Weri 

Typical of these Govt. departments who take no responsibility for their actions. No incentive to change. Just same old BS every day and get well paid.  They are swamps that need draining (to coin a phrase)

Also there is alot of thai citizens who scam australian citizens for permanent residency they do not respect the sponser of the visa, and yes what you find in thailand you either visit or live n thailand I would not bring anyone from thailand again to Australia. 

Edited by kanga09

40 minutes ago, kanga09 said:

Also there is alot of thai citizens who scam australian citizens for permanent residency they do not respect the sponser of the visa, and yes what you find in thailand you either visit or live n thailand I would not bring anyone from thailand again to Australia. 

Best not to smear all Thai women just because of your and others negative experiences. Some people don't have good outcomes with their relationships, some do not. From memory divorce rates in Oz is approx 50%. Personally I have lived with my Thai partner for 23 years, mainly in Oz, but four years in Thailand. I know others who are in long term relationships.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kanga09 said:

You probably need to move on.

You haven't made many posts, but of the ones you have made,

it's all about the way you've been "scammed" by a Thai woman.

You're not the first and won't be the last that has had a marriage

go tit's up.

• Like 2

Give Kanga09 time to lick his wounds  ,,, the way things work here in Aus is unbelievably biased against men. It's enough to bring a good man to his knees and more ,, trust me. It's not just Thai wives , it's ANY woman in Aus and you have kids then kiss your ass goodbye.I have just completed 4 years and $90,000.00 so I can have a reasonable amount of time in Aus ,,, yes 4 <deleted> long frustrating years

On 12/22/2018 at 11:58 AM, weri said:

On 2/15/2019 at 9:18 PM, xerostar said:

Typical of these Govt. departments who take no responsibility for their actions. No incentive to change. Just same old BS every day and get well paid.  They are swamps that need draining (to coin a phrase)

Its very simple stuff clearly spelt out on the gov website what they want, nobody cares if you have had a "relationship" with your "teerak" for 10 years or whatever your story is.  The application is to be done by him/her, provide proof of everything, flights together, finances, reasons to return, letters from you alone mean nothing without lots of evidence.  Fulfil the criteria they spell out for you!  

Australia is an awesome country, outside of a few of the capitals its a competitive priced paradise full of fantastic people.  Most of the word is clamoring to get there for a reason.  Nobody with half a brain would choose to be born average joe in Thailand over Australia.  

Get your shit together and stop whining princess.  

• Like 2

Hey guys,

doing an e600 tourist visa online for a girl who works in a shop that is owned by her mom.

On the employment page of the online forms (pg 12 out of 20) do I enter this as being 'self-employed' (at which point I have to provide an official name for the shop along with other info) or 'other' (where I just get a textbox where I can explain the situation)?

Subsequently what kind of documents would I need to attach at the end of the submission to validate the existence and ownership of the shop?

Many thx in advance!!

Silvermane, I would simply put Family Business. Mother is the owner of the business... Just tell the truth. Make it clear that the applicant has a commitment to return to the Family business. The only concern of the public servent assessing the application is whether or not the applicant is going to exit Australia on or before the expiry of the Visa. I'm not sure what additional paperwork you can put with it... Maybe a photo with your applicant and Mom at the shop... In my previous applications I have just put Subsistence Farmer... Family Farm... No other details..

Edited by Thaifish

1 hour ago, Thaifish said:

Silvermane, I would simply put Family Business. Mother is the owner of the business... Just tell the truth. Make it clear that the applicant has a commitment to return to the Family business. The only concern of the public servent assessing the application is whether or not the applicant is going to exit Australia on or before the expiry of the Visa. I'm not sure what additional paperwork you can put with it... Maybe a photo with your applicant and Mom at the shop... In my previous applications I have just put Subsistence Farmer... Family Farm... No other details..

Just to add maybe a good idea to get a letter from mother confirming leave, with dates, to go on holiday to Oz.

On 2/15/2019 at 10:06 PM, xerostar said:

Unbelievable how the Immigration department treat their own citizens as if they were of no value at all

A citizen can't apply for a visa, so it got nothing to do with that as its a foreign national applying and being treated by your opinion poorly.

Are you suggesting they apply Australia laws to everyone in the world? would the average Australian citizen be happy to go along with that and pay the bill, I think not.

On 2/21/2019 at 8:30 PM, emptypockets said:

Thanks Will.  I can understand Surins feelings. Surprised David got banned though as I never saw much controversial from him.

Sometimes forums like to shoot themselves in the foot. Since they have left this section of the forum died off, I think most now go elsewhere for advice. It's a shame as this was once the place for visa information for Thai Partners and the reason I came to the forum, but now much of the information is out of date and the thread sidetracked by people complaining about how bad Thai women are etc. 

For the info of those Aussies interested... I lodged my Partners Visa Application Subclass 600 electronically for her 2nd visit Australia for (3 months) in mid February after travelling from Phuket to Bangkok for the biometrics. Shame they don't have that service here yet. The visit to VFS was efficient, fast and professional. It took about 15 minutes. No problems. Three days later I received an email on her behalf "Granted". I thought .. What's all the fuss about.? Was I just lucky to have no issues??Better still they approved a 12 moth visa when I only applied for three months.. Better still again it was for 3 month multiple visits on each occasion for a period of 12 months. Happy wife.. Happy life. Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Haso said:

For the info of those Aussies interested... I lodged my Partners Visa Application Subclass 600 electronically for her 2nd visit Australia for (3 months) in mid February after travelling from Phuket to Bangkok for the biometrics. Shame they don't have that service here yet. The visit to VFS was efficient, fast and professional. It took about 15 minutes. No problems. Three days later I received an email on her behalf "Granted". I thought .. What's all the fuss about.? Was I just lucky to have no issues??Better still they approved a 12 moth visa when I only applied for three months.. Better still again it was for 3 month multiple visits on each occasion for a period of 12 months. Happy wife.. Happy life. Cheers.

Thanks for the happy news.  One would assume that some common sense was used in this case - simply because she did not overstay the first time equals an unblemished record.

I think this thread is mainly concerned with 1st time applications that do not get approved despite the visa applications being comprehensive and honest.  Having my GF's first application rejected was a horrible experience for both of us.  We put so much work into it.  Like most other people who have had this experience at the whims of Thai staff at the visa centre, we feel that the process is not fair or just.

Especially with no right of appeal or review by a senior staff member.

It's really a case of "guilty" before proven innocent.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, xerostar said:

Thanks for the happy news.  One would assume that some common sense was used in this case - simply because she did not overstay the first time equals an unblemished record.

I think this thread is mainly concerned with 1st time applications that do not get approved despite the visa applications being comprehensive and honest.  Having my GF's first application rejected was a horrible experience for both of us.  We put so much work into it.  Like most other people who have had this experience at the whims of Thai staff at the visa centre, we feel that the process is not fair or just.

Especially with no right of appeal or review by a senior staff member.

It's really a case of "guilty" before proven innocent.

If an Australian is pretty much "sponsoring" the application, it is shown to an Aussie staff member for review.

I don't know why you think the process is unfair or unjust.

The granted rate of applications is very high.

In most cases, the applications is lacking.

Having said that, you do, get the odd bad decision, the same as anywhere I guess.

It is not time or cost effective for reviews on a $150 visa.

You're better off just reapplying.

• Like 1

Good luck to all of you who are sponsoring a Thai lady to Australia for a holiday. Give them more information than they ask for, especially ensuring to provide as much evidence as to their reasons to return to Thailand on time. There is so much good, comprehensive and reliable information supplied by responsible members. Cheers.

To all you posters who think it is such a simple process to apply for an Australian visitors visa and who can't understand the whinging of disappointed sponsors.  Even having the cheek to accuse us of being "princesses" LOL.

If you can't offer helpful information then please <deleted> off !!

My guess is it that "your" applications have never been rejected?

In my case when I arrived in Thailand we immediately began putting the application together and eventually ticked all the boxes.  I was so confident that her application would succeed because it was so comprehensive and truthful.  I booked our air ticket so that my GF could accompany me back to Oz at the end of my 2 months stay.

I even chose to pay the $330 option to fast-track our application at the visa centre.  The rejection was so disappointing (for a couple very much in love).  "after "careful consideration" I came to the conclusion that the applicant has no intention to return to Thailand." 

I came back to Oz alone, totally aggrieved at the decision.  For 40 years I have witnessed applications for Australian passports being deemed as a responsible professional person with impeccable credentials. Obviously this means SFA to the immigration dept.  Letters of complaint to the dept. were answered with non-committal excuses and denial that anything would be improved or changed. A total lack of responsibility being taken. The Canberra swamp needs to be drained !

for example:

"from omegaman
HI all,

Just went through the process of trying to obtain a visa class 600 multi entry tourist visa for wife. Of course Fortress Taxstralia (bad people in good people out) denied the visa on the grounds of not submitting biometrics. Well I would have sworn as she had completed that the the year before when obtaining same visa that as you have them already what has changed? No reply from email to embassy as expected. Lesson learnt and out of pocket 3500 baht. The immi account of course mentions nothing about having 14 days to submit your biometrics. Nope lets just take this mugs money and who in the bejesus is going to challenge the decision at 1700AUD. 

My application ticked all the points and I wanted to see the Embassy on my next visit for any further questions and/or requests, so what happened? 3 days after submitting my application this idiotic Atchima with position number...bla bla… refused my application as stated: after "careful consideration" I came to the conclusion that the applicant has no intention to return to Thailand. 

This has to be the ultimate act of stupidity and it is intolerable that one person has the power to reject an application and that one has no possibility to question that person (Atchima) how came to the "careful consideration" ???"

My case rests ..

On 2/21/2019 at 4:00 PM, emptypockets said:

Anyone know why David, Surin and Australian Visa all stopped posting? There was some great information from these guys.

Hi Empty Pockets - thank you for your kind words - i am glad someone appreciated them. 

I can't speak for the others but for me the simple reality was I was sick of the negativity. As some will know I have reached out to them privately and offered support and advice to solve an injustice, but unfortunately there were a lot of incorrect or unhelpful comments here that became too common.

The so called self professed experts who think it is all easy are neither helpful or correct. Some cases may be easier, but for many people they don't fit into the plain vanilla mould or they rely on some of the bad advice and get a refusal - which unfortunately in some cases lead to comments here that are not in anyones best interests, but I understand where they come from. This is a stressful area as it can mean family separation, stress, unnecessary costs and even end relationships.

I am an Australian Lawyer and Registered Migration Agent and I do a lot of applications, and we also see a lot of refusal letters that people bring to us for advice. The simple reality is there are times that some people will just not get a visa, but that is pretty rare from my experience. 

Generally if it is a genuine relationship with an Australian partner there will be a solution.

Often it is just a case of re-submitting an application in a different way - and there is no doubt experience helps - but I do not for a moment believe the staff here are biased, racist, stupid etc that we see all the negative comments and opinions.

Do mistakes happen? - absolutely. But from my personal experience they are more the exception.

The biggest issue is normally the way the application is prepared or lodged, and there are some confusing questions or options now with the electronic forms that don't allow what would be the relevant option for some people, which also leads to problems.

Here are my tips for a successful application: http://immigrate-to-australia.com/7-tips-for-a-successful-australian-visa-outcome/

Hopefully that helps everyone. I am always happy to point people in the right direction, and would much prefer they got accurate and up to date information, so lets see if we can have a positive forum in the future.

• Thanks 1