What Is The Best Topic Or Post You Have Seen On Thaivisa.

theblether

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A character - The Dude.

Many didn't like his style, but if he brought his shovel and dug you, you had made it!

http://www.thaivisa....post__p__535070

The thread this post came from is also worth a read. Many long gone characters posted on it.

Wow . . that thread brought back to life many posters who used to be part of the daily TV routine - not just The Dude but also Neeranam, BambinA, Boo, meemiathai etc.

The place is less interesting without them.

• Like 1

This topic, the night Wes Turner and Uma~~ got together.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/57914-girls-night-out/page__fromsearch__1

Wes was a champion jet skier who invented a sidecar for a jetski. Many thought this ridiculous idea was real.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/57486-invention-patent-for-jet-ski-sidecar/page__fromsearch__1

Uma~~ was an exotic model from London and a strong feminist. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/user/25516-uma/

It later transpired that both Wes and Uma~~ were a figment of the weird imagination of a banned poster. The Gentleman Scamp!

The story of the affair was given credence by another well respected member, a friend of Scampys, who was in on the joke from the start.

• Like 1

A character - The Dude.

The thread this post came from is also worth a read. Many long gone characters posted on it.

Wow . . that thread brought back to life many posters who used to be part of the daily TV routine - not just The Dude but also Neeranam, BambinA, Boo, meemiathai etc.

And the iconic Dr Pat Pong . . . never knew which was his good and which his bad side . . . but listen to all you TV whippersnappers of 2005 . . . even ijustwannateach (shocking name for a teacher! :) ) is a relative newbie at 2004.

Sit down, grab a drink and I'll tell you about the times when huge beasts roamed the tranquil beaches of Pattaya . . .

• Like 1

A character - The Dude.

And the iconic Dr Pat Pong . . . never knew which was his good and which his bad side . . . but listen to all you TV whippersnappers of 2005

Kids of today yeh, can't tell 'em anything.

I'm an 05er, but I got dug by The Dude once and a pat on the back from the good Dr, and I managed to completely piss off Chownah on a couple of occasions and a vimto kiss from Boo which I still keep in a jar..... happy days.

[

Sit down, grab a drink and I'll tell you about the times when huge beasts roamed the tranquil beaches of Pattaya . . .

The huge beasts still haunt the beaches of Pattaya. They are all layed out like basking buffalo, but out of fear of being suspended I won't post pictures of them.

• Like 1

[

The huge beasts still haunt the beaches of Pattaya. They are all layed out like basking buffalo, but out of fear of being suspended I won't post pictures of them.

I thought did already

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/537426-water-buffalo/page__view__findpost__p__5100321

SC

I remember this one from years ago, a well-written, blog-ish thread, and I found it a good read at the time:

http://www.thaivisa....story-is-a-lie/

Interesting take on that story.......I wonder what IJWT makes of it now?

Hee, hee... I really enjoyed seeing that again. I had lot of fun writing some of those. That one was actually based on a composite of two or three people, but it worked well together. Thanks for bringing that one up again, Dantilley!

• Like 2

[

Aaaah, have a 'like' . . . I was waiting for someone to point out the presence of overseized Brits, Scandis, Germans etc . . .

A character - The Dude.

And the iconic Dr Pat Pong . . . never knew which was his good and which his bad side . . . but listen to all you TV whippersnappers of 2005 . . . even ijustwannateach (shocking name for a teacher! smile.png ) is a relative newbie at 2004.

One of the first posts on the topic came from UlyssesG, talking about Tutsiwarrior. I asked Tutsiwarrior if he could remember the post but he said he was a long time ago, 2003, when he joined.

If Tutsiwarrior can forgive me disclosing the contents of a PM, he went on to say that back in the earlier days the mods found it hard to control the relatively few forums they had at that time. I can't find the specific post that UG was referring to, however I will go have a look at some of the topics and see if any are suitable for broadcast at this time biggrin.png .

If any of our, ahem, veteran members can point me in the right direction that would be a good help.

It is not possible to look back that far for someone's old posts on the forum any more - which is good for me as some of the stuff that I posted back then was so embarrasing. Tutsiwarrior's post was very tender and personal - about a relationship - and I was not the only one who praised it at the time.

Edited by Ulysses G.

It is not possible to look back that far for someone's old posts on the forum any more - which is good for me as some of the stuff that I posted back then was so embarrasing. Tutsiwarrior's post was very tender and personal - about a relationship - and I was not the only one who praised it at the time.

Thanks UG, I will trawl through some early topics later today. I noticed that both yourself and Tutsiwarrior joined in '03. Yourselves and many others will have lived through the Tsunami and the aftermath. I remember sitting at home watching Sky News when the first mention of a possible tsunami came in. It was one of those little ten second bursts of news that you get that then develop on from there.....

Here is the link to the news topic posted by George, you can see his first post was very truncated, then the news develops dramatically.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/23294-maybe-up-to-6000-dead-tidal-waves-slams-thailand/page__hl__tsunami

My personal favorite: Positive Stories About Thailand

Thanks to theblether.

Me too. No problem with this post thank you very much.

ATB

ggb8

Stop it, your making me blush giggle.gif

Personally speaking I think Thaivisa is at it's best when you are facing genuine difficulties and you need advice. Only this week I had to broach a difficult personal issue here on TV so if you can indulge me, here it is........

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/536998-attack-by-ladyboys-in-chiang-mai/

A character - The Dude.

Many didn't like his style, but if he brought his shovel and dug you, you had made it!

http://www.thaivisa....post__p__535070

Boo is working and has a full time job with a very active toddler little boy as well, Bambi is in school and doing very well, great to see her go from strength to strength wink.png

had to edit as it just hit me, he's not really a toddler anymore :(

Edited by sbk
  • Like 1