Any Parents With Kids At Ep Darasamuth ?

napalm

Affordability does come into it, but so does the level of priority you give your children.

I have wife (housewife / homemaker / full-time mother), 4-bed house, pool and a Honda. My yearly income is 800K baht per year, but I still prioritise my childs education, so 240K goes straight out on school fees.

sadly many members here are the opposite and they value their anti-nanny state view so much that they'd rather spend more on beer and give their kids a thai education.

My post on this always get reported by these "fathers" and then deleted. They only last an hour or so but i get a lot of 'likes'

I have no idea how you can spend 240k out of 800k on education, good for you. If i was in your situation and could not figure out how to do it i would simply go back home, which is what i am doing when the oldest turns 4

Throwing money at a school dosnt gaurantee a good education...many teachers at International schools charging 300k upwards are nothing more than unqualified sexpats needing money to stay in Thailand...hardly going to take teaching seriously..English Programmes can be better and at a fraction of the cost

Edited by PattayaPhom

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..many teachers at International schools charging 300k upwards are nothing more than unqualified sexpats needing money to stay in Thailand...hardly going to take teaching seriously.

Can you substantiate those wild claims?

Show me the slightest bit of evidence to show that any of the International schools on Phuket have ever employed unqualified sexpats!!

Edited by HongKongPhooey

why dont go to the internation school in chalong (rawai) they have kindergarden-primary and starting secondary smile.png

Not expensive either

no traffic

have 3 kids there and they love it, and so do we smile.png

Which one is that ? Web site ?

..many teachers at International schools charging 300k upwards are nothing more than unqualified sexpats needing money to stay in Thailand...hardly going to take teaching seriously.

Can you substantiate those wild claims?

Show me the slightest bit of evidence to show that any of the International schools on Phuket have ever employed unqualified sexpats!!

Well said.Total bull, in Phuket at least.

I think linn3 means the nursery/kindergarten in Chalong, in the soi opposite Tesco. Started about 2? years ago as a Russian kindergarten, but has gone more international and seems to be expanding.

It never started as a Russian Kindergarten, it just so happens that some Russian kids go there as well as French,American, English , Italian etc....

The owners are one half English the other half Russian.

My kids go to this school and I must say we are very happy with the results, will be happy for them both to go there until they are 12, then BIS will be the next step if we are still here.

I think linn3 means the nursery/kindergarten in Chalong, in the soi opposite Tesco. Started about 2? years ago as a Russian kindergarten, but has gone more international and seems to be expanding.

The Kindergarten in Chalong is not only a kindergarten by far. It is a school and has nothing to do with Palm House. It has been there for 3 years. It has a football field, a golf pitch and putt. By the way the name is Phuket International Kindergarten and Primary