Phuket To Ranong Border Run

megyboo

I'm surprised there isn't a direct visa run service to Malaysian border from phuket as an alternative to Ranong. Isn't a direct one way from Phuket to Penang Malaysia 700-800 baht?

I think because considering the distance the price would be much higher than the Ranong trip. So pay more for a longer trip? Does not sound very attractive to me.

I'm surprised there isn't a direct visa run service to Malaysian border from phuket as an alternative to Ranong. Isn't a direct one way from Phuket to Penang Malaysia 700-800 baht?

I think because considering the distance the price would be much higher than the Ranong trip. So pay more for a longer trip? Does not sound very attractive to me.

The vans to Ranong are cheaper than the vans to Penang. And the trip is much shorter. So I always just go with Ranong.

The vans to Ranong are cheaper than the vans to Penang. And the trip is much shorter. So I always just go with Ranong.

What I was thinking was an actual service that would run to the Malaysian border and back directly from phuket (not necessarily go all the way to penang). It would be maybe 12-15 hours or so and not as mad dash. The cost should be cheaper without the visa fee. And you wouldn't waste as much time at immigration with one line processing everyone.

I've seen the ranong run take 14 hours, with all the mad-dashing. 11-12 hours is on a good day, where everything goes right and all of the pickups are in the same area.

What I was thinking was an actual service that would run to the Malaysian border and back directly from phuket (not necessarily go all the way to penang). It would be maybe 12-15 hours or so and not as mad dash. The cost should be cheaper without the visa fee. And you wouldn't waste as much time at immigration with one line processing everyone.

I've seen the ranong run take 14 hours, with all the mad-dashing. 11-12 hours is on a good day, where everything goes right and all of the pickups are in the same area.

Hmm I haven't heard of such a method. Or maybe I just never found it.

Going to the malaysian border makes no sense, 20hrs vs 6-8hrs for ranong.

It made a lot of sense to my friend who loves to save a baht.

Also if you plan ahead its only 600-800 baht + a little bit of fees for tickets to singapore(jetstar/tigerairways)

SG's airport is amazing and spending a fullday there is quite easy (and tasty: Carl's jr)

Was that one-way prices? Where did you buy your plane ticket?

Tiger and Air Asia have a lot of good deals, try skyscanner.com or go to the airline sites for specials