Apple Hardware/Software Support

d2g

Thinking of buying a macmini and ipad next trip to US but concerned about technical assistance

available locally.

What has been your experience with either Apple warranty service or private shop repairs and technical assistance here.

Thanks

Not much is done in pattaya, the main Apple service centre is in Bangkok so major problems are sent there for repair.

The Apple warranty is very good worldwide in my experience.... I have been using macs for 20 years with minimal problems... go for it...

p.s. if you are interested my pal builds computers from PC hardware running mac OSX Lion... they are much cheaper and equally as stable..

come in the shop if you are interested there is a demo model on display....

My experience has been excellent. I dropped mine breaking the screen and told them this. They said it may or may not be covered under warranty and it would either be repaired or replaced. Four weeks later i had a brand new one, free of charge! I was shocked shock1.gif

• 6 months later...

Any update on Mac Service?

I went to the Mac shop on level 3 in Central with a need for a repair, they barely looked at it and said we send to BKK. Now the BKK Mac shop in Fortune Plaza I go to will look at it in their own service centre behind teh shop, fix on teh spot if they can, or keep it and contact you when ready. But i don't want to go to BKK.

Anyone have good local Mac service?