How Many Baht To The Pound?

StreetCowboy

As I say, I had to look it up, and its about 15.2 g.

As far as I can tell, its only used for measuring sin sod.

SC

1 Baht is equal to 540 Pounds in Stering.

Win on a Gold rush

30 Baht to the Pound (approx) = 16,200 in Stering

Win wai.gif

I checked my currency conversion site, and apparently a pound of gold is worth about GBP 17,928.

Was your GBP540 a "we buy" price? I reckon the mid-market price ought to be near on GBP 600.

Is there VAT on gold here, by the way?

SC

As I say, I had to look it up, and its about 15.2 g.

As far as I can tell, its only used for measuring sin sod.

SC

1 Baht is equal to 540 Pounds in Stering.

Win on a Gold rush

30 Baht to the Pound (approx) = 16,200 in Stering

Win wai.gif

I checked my currency conversion site, and apparently a pound of gold is worth about GBP 17,928.

Was your GBP540 a "we buy" price? I reckon the mid-market price ought to be near on GBP 600.

Is there VAT on gold here, by the way?

SC

(Today's prices here in Sunny Thailand is:-

The selling prices were set at 26,000 baht per baht-weight for gold ornaments, and 25,600 baht per baht-weight for gold bar.)

I make that GBP 547 just a wee bit up from what I wrote above @47.50 exchange rate

http://www.kasikornb...gnExchange.aspx

At least you do have the "How Many Baht To The Pound?" 30 and a bit, to the answer now.

Well at least I did try.

Win wai.gif

Edited by Kan Win

I still use my UK bank account and to avoid the charges of continuously withdrawing money, I always withdraw as much as it will let me in one go. The daily limit for withdrawal is 300GBP and just a couple of months ago I was able to withdraw 14500Baht at a time, but lately I've noticed that I can now only withdraw 14000Baht, so either the charges have gone up or the exchange rate has got worse.

I think most people use the 50B to the pound benchmark.

Or, in your case, 13000

lol.good memory bendix.

It's hovered around 46-49 since 2008. As a broad figure use 50 as a rough guide.

Think of a B1,000-note as being GBP 20, and B500 as a tenner, OK it's slightly too-much, but gives a rough idea ! cool.png

Still tend to remember the time when 500 Bt was just under a GBP 20 and a beer was @ 20 bt a throw...MPR..

that really was good value Thailand...

It's hovered around 46-49 since 2008. As a broad figure use 50 as a rough guide.

Think of a B1,000-note as being GBP 20, and B500 as a tenner, OK it's slightly too-much, but gives a rough idea ! cool.png

Still tend to remember the time when 500 Bt was just under a GBP 20 and a beer was @ 20 bt a throw...MPR..

that really was good value Thailand...

Slightly off topic but when I bought my Ford pickup truck in December 2001 the exchange rate was just about 63 baht/GBP and diesel was just less than 10 baht per litre.

Come back the good old days.

I looked back over the 10 year chart and it is enough to make you cry. 2004 / 2005 over 70 Baht to the £ for 2 years. No wonder I could do so much more and go so many places when I first arrived. And that Mitsubishi 4 door truck the then woman in my life got for 7K Baht a month was only £100.

Sigh.

The Google search engine has currency exchange built-in. Just type the amount you want converted followed by the currencies, i.e. "500 GBP to THB" and hit return, and it will tell you the result directly, without going to any website. If you just want to know the exchange rate just use "1 GBP to THB". Works for practically all currencies.

It depends on how accurate your weight scale is and whether you use one baht coins or 20 baht bank notes. I tried weighing a bunch of 100 baht bank notes on the scale and couldn't find a big enough container to hold them all on my little weight scale. It takes a lot of bank notes to make one pound.

I know... it's a silly answer, but no less silly than the original question. Look on Google and there are a dozen different sites that show conversion factors in all currencies.