Norwegian Man Confesses To 'Accidentally Killing' Phuket Girlfriend

webfact

This is just another example of the stupidity of foreign men buying properties in thailand which they cant legally own or control and giving them 'on trust ' to a village girl from up country.

Somehting has probably gone ascew with the rental income over a period of time.

Dont marry or buy property in Thailand !

The law is not on your side.

Sorry you have such a <snip!>up view towards Thai people. Just reading your post is an insult to the Thai people I know. Especially my wife!

Finish your warm beer and go back to sleep

Edited by metisdead
Disguised profanity removed.
  • Like 2

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ie come accross 2 different surnames with the victim in different media reports, Suktorng and Ratchasombut....anyone else notice that?

Yes, From the OP

Mrs Rungnapa, who on marriage stopped using her maiden name Ratsombat and assumed her policeman husband’s family name Suktong, was reported missing one year after she left Mr Dokset, which was more than two years ago, said Miss Parichat.

I just noticed this:

Parichat Sriraksa, a 30-year-old cousin of Mrs Rungnapa, told the Gazette that Mrs Rungnapa worked as a maid in Patong.

Lt Col Chaowalit said “Mrs Rungnapa ran a bar in Patong. She was a partner of that bar,” he added. However, he didn’t reveal the name or location of the bar in question.

• Like 1

Ie come accross 2 different surnames with the victim in different media reports, Suktorng and Ratchasombut....anyone else notice that?

Yes, From the OP

Mrs Rungnapa, who on marriage stopped using her maiden name Ratsombat and assumed her policeman husband’s family name Suktong, was reported missing one year after she left Mr Dokset, which was more than two years ago, said Miss Parichat.

Ok wai.gif There is so much to read on this Ive been skimming a lot of it...point taken

I find it hard to believe he stayed there. Why not move to another country or at least somewhere else in LOS??

Rationally it seems logical he would have done a runner. But the guy has admitted to killing someone (accidentally he says) and storing the body in a bin within one of his bathrooms. That is hardly rational behaviour.

• Like 1

I think it is ridiculous that this topic is still going, this is a murder investigation, not a playground fight.

If I was investigating this case I would be reaching for his computer records and checking all his posts on Thaivisa especially at the time he was suspected of carrying out the killing.

Unexpected and unintended consequences may result from this so I suggest rather than continuing to revel in this story close the topic.

• Like 2

I find it hard to believe he stayed there. Why not move to another country or at least somewhere else in LOS??

Rationally it seems logical he would have done a runner. But the guy has admitted to killing someone (accidentally he says) and storing the body in a bin within one of his bathrooms. That is hardly rational behaviour.

His income was from the rents on the properties. If he did a runner, he would not only lose them, but, the body would eventually be found and he would be a hunted fugitive.

Wow, this thread must be setting a record. Obviously I have not read all 600 + posts, forgive me. So much speculation it is mind boggling. However, here is my analysis, for what little it is worth: Stupid man buys property in girlfriend/wifes name, she leaves him. She hooks up with policeman and then leaves him as well. This is number three, since she has children from a previous relationship/marriage. She probably decides she wants something from number two (Norweign) and/or the property ownership becomes an issue. Argument insues. She dies as a result. (Whether pushed or otherwise killed doesn't matter.) Very stupid man lives with body in his house for a couple of years as best we can tell. Stupid man does not dispose of the evidence. Stupid man does not get lawyer but confesses and reenacts the scene. An idiot from beginning to end.

I don't want to be to harsh as she is the victim here, but the deceased seems like a real work of art. Two kids living with parents, a third marriage and that kid pushed off to the parents, three relationships that we are aware of which all evidently went south. Wonder if she was putting pressure on the Norweign or threatening to sell property. My bet is that in the end it all centered around the assets. Hopefully we will find out what really happened. Unfortunately the subject matter will fade and the press will loose interest and we will probably never get the details to the mystery of what "really" happened. It will be like reading a book with the last chapter torn out.

It is quite normal for granparents to take care of children in Thailand.

hardly rational behaviour are most comments (and that includes mine) in this thread. unfortunately a human being is dead, murdered allegedly by a another specific human being. in my [not so] humble opinion any further discussions are superfluous². this thread should be closed and those who have been especially active should move on and concentrate on really important issues such as

-will the Baht soon fall into the abyss vs. <insert currency>?,

-best fish and chips in <insert location>

-79 reasons why i hate being called "farang",

-why do Thais poke their noses?,

-my Thai outlaws think i'm an ATM,

-returning from <insert country> i found my girlfriend in my bed with her "brother",

-urgently need to purchase top quality <insert product> but must be cheap!,

-my salt water pool is not salty. any advice?

-how do i add 3/4 horsepowers to my motorised bycicle?

-Nakhon Nowhere is the best place on earth to live! do you agree?

jap.gif

and

- how much sin sod should i pay?

anyways, idiots, kudos to Thai Visa for letting this discussion run despite it being one of their own. : 2cents

One of their own is irrelevant IMO..

This is a major crime committed on Phuket and should be , without doubt on TV NEWS section and with a discussion, as have been all ''major stories'' in the past..The brit that killed the marine in Rawai for eg, and others...

As a matter of fact this story is surprisingly hard to find on TV compared to the other incidents IMO...They seemed to be more ''in your face'' iirc.This story.shouldn't be influenced by his previous mod job in any way!!

The front page news in 2 todays newspapers show the gravity of the real situation, but TV seems to be a little reluctant to do the same....

• Like 2

No, it looks like it was a crime of passion. The Norwegian was jealous that she had taken a Thai lover. This is what he claims, anyway.

Why wasn't he jealous when she took the Thai policeman?

She has a kid with the police, leaves the police, then eventually finds another Thai lover and then the Norwegian gets jealous? Timing is off there I'd suspect.

• Like 2

His income was from the rents on the properties. If he did a runner, he would not only lose them, but, the body would eventually be found and he would be a hunted fugitive.

Yep, nit sure how some seem to be absolutely oblivious to that which is most obvious.

Are his friends somewhat embarrassed to have called him a friend now with all this coming out about him ??

A really friend should not run away, or is embarrassed, who is, is not a friend, how I think from a "friend".

That said, choose wisely before you give people you know the special word -friend-!

I think it is ridiculous that this topic is still going, this is a murder investigation, not a playground fight.

If I was investigating this case I would be reaching for his computer records and checking all his posts on Thaivisa especially at the time he was suspected of carrying out the killing.

Unexpected and unintended consequences may result from this so I suggest rather than continuing to revel in this story close the topic.

I suggest, to say -no- to your suggestion. rolleyes.gif

-Naam-

If you would do what you want from others,

Quote ==concentrate on really important issues such as....==

You would hardly made 17.000+ Postings giggle.gif 8+ per day and that with nearly 100 years oldlaugh.png, 97, exactly! Congratulations! drunk.gif

Edited by ALFREDO
  • Like 1

He left her for 30 mins after she died...freeked out and hid her body in a bin and may or may not have added acid to dissolve the body...Yes?

Sherlock, maybe you should ask yourself: Which kind of plastic garbage bin could resist a 2 year threatment with acid? Or just a 1 week... violin.gif

Lord get some chemistry into you.. Polyethylene of which the bin is made of is impervious to hydrochloric caid, nitric acid, sulphuric acid and a few other including one of the most reactive acids which is hydrofluoric acid which by the way etches glass. As such in industrial applications these acids are packaged in PE lined containers or PE itself as can be seen on hardware shelves.

Doesnt matter if it was 1 day or 10 years.. its impervious

• Like 2

He left her for 30 mins after she died...freeked out and hid her body in a bin and may or may not have added acid to dissolve the body...Yes?

Sherlock, maybe you should ask yourself: Which kind of plastic garbage bin could resist a 2 year threatment with acid? Or just a 1 week... violin.gif

Lord get some chemistry into you.. Polyethylene of which the bin is made of is impervious to hydrochloric caid, nitric acid, sulphuric acid and a few other including one of the most reactive acids which is hydrofluoric acid which by the way etches glass. As such in industrial applications these acids are packaged in PE lined containers or PE itself as can be seen on hardware shelves.

Doesnt matter if it was 1 day or 10 years.. its impervious

You will never convince some people who do not have a clue

I am in shock at my chums situation. My planned visit is obviously off. angry.png

Transam,I see you're defending KBB througout the entire thread and calling him your chum.I know he offered you to visit him in a post on the motor forum some time ago.

May I ask if you actually ever met or even spoke with KBB in real life?

Read this editiorial which suggests the author (journo) conducted an interview with KBB while in custody at Chalong Police Station. If authentic, KBB guilt sounds unequivocal and that he committed the crime in a fit of rage.

The Phuket News - Thursday, 1st Mar 2012 06:46

PHUKET: Stein Håvard Dokset, 50, who kept the rotting body of his ex-lover in a bathroom of his house for three years, is to be charged with “intentionally causing” her death, police said today (March 1).

He will also face additional charges of attempting to hide a dead body and possession of a gun without a permit.

However, Dokset, who today re-enacted for police the events that led to the death of his ex-girlfriend, Roongnapa Rachsombat, 33, continues to insist it was an accident.

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy.

this guy is a real ass hole ...he is quite bad tempered and ripped off a lot of people in his rentals ....almost impossible to get any refunds etc exorbitant fees for elect and water and ridiculous repair and cleaning fees ...........blown in leaves on the front balcony was construed to be garden vandalism ... a visit from a friend with a small dog for a quick christmas drink a few years ago resulted in demands for new carpeting because the dog supposedly soiled and infested the furnishings ....not true ..the dog was outside on the balcony for 99% of the 5 min visit ..... in his home country he has an extended violent criminal history ....if she did fall a quick trip to police station full statement consular support .....but in his case he has been avoiding consular scrutiny for years .and at the very worse he would be under suspicion .....would u if someone was accidentally killed cover it up in this fashion ......i wonder why he didnt dispose of it over time ....he has a truck and also access to a boat ...as u can see i have no time for him ..by the way i was not the victim of his unethical dealings but my neighbour an 80 year old wonderful guy from italy was ... he is dead now but what happened to him was so wrong ...i have not even touched on the unannounced property inspections when no one was home and nearly always resulting in things going missing .. from both this guy and a woman .....

• Like 1

Seems he has changed his story. The woman didn't fall down the stairs. He now claims he pushed her and as she fell to the floor, her head hit the wall causing her death. Sounds dubious at best.

From another Phuket news source.

Seems she had an affair with the Thai policeman and told KBB that she was pregnant with the policeman's child.

He begged her to come back to him and he would be a father to the child. She stayed in Surat Thani and only visited him every few months; she never actually moved back permanently with him.

He came home after shopping and found her in the bathroom. She said that she wanted a permanent split from him which he wouldn't accept. He locked the door of the bathroom and the argument that killed her took place.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 2

Seems he has changed his story. The woman didn't fall down the stairs. He now claims he pushed her and as she fell to the floor, her head hit the wall causing her death. Sounds dubious at best.

Seems she had an affair with the Thai policeman and told KBB that she was pregnant with the policeman's child.

He begged her to come back to him and he would be a father to the child. She stayed in Surat Thani and only visited him every few months; she never actually moved back permanently with him.

He came home after shopping and found her in the bathroom. She said that she wanted a permanent split from him which he wouldn't accept. He locked the door of the bathroom and the argument that killed her took place.

He appears to be changing his story, but also a lot of discrepency is the papers...eg Same page of article above says;

from a shopping trip and met Ms Roongnapa in the bedroom on the ground floor. She had just came out of the bathroom.

Right..hes all over the place.....Fact is whether or not he ''intended'' to kill her, his disgusting actions after the event are undeniable and gruesome...

Those of you who still have belief and faith in this rat, maybe should not tune in to revents which are inevitably going to unfold over time..

I think the shock and awe effect will be overpowering for these people..

eg..;As dokset statement says..''

He laid the bin on its side, dragged her body to it and stuffed her inside. Then he righted the bin and pushed it into the bathroom.

The next day, he covered her body with a plastic rubbish bag, taped the lid of the bin shut and locked the bathroom door.

What did he later do to the body in an attempt to make it ''go away''

Did he use his limited''medical training' or did he just use the acid as reported to do the job?

As one police statement said;''Police are now trying to discover what happened to the upper part of the body.

As sickening as all this is, i think that it has to come out, and will come out in order to trial and lock him away for a very long time in jail or physciatric hospital..Prepare to be shocked IMHO..

Yes so we agree, This guy is sick. Cant believe people stick up for such a evil guy.

A person that accidently kills someone will not do what he did after.

Sick as hell this guy is. He is even sicker to tell lies about what happened and keep changing his story.

Disturbing guy.

• Like 1