Selling A Big Bike In Thailand, What A Joke..

roban

Right, here's a village where all the Thais take great care of their bikes; there's a village where they don't. smile.png

All depends on the individual owner, but generally Thais aren't big on maintenance, esp of bikes. I've had my experience. Most Germans, now, take maintenance seriously.

clap2.gif

Most Germans take most things seriously: "No, maintenance isn't funny! Stop joking and do your job like i told you!" thumbsup.gif

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know the Thai "fixer upper" didn't aquire the bike from a falang ? a more likely senario in my opinion

I'm not making any comment about who looks after what better - it's a pointless argument, if you are going to buy a motorcycle or car for that matter it's not hard to work out if it's been looked after and I'd much less trust a dealer than a private seller, I know 2x bike dealers and they were both falang and both crooks, the Thai service shops I know of need to be kept an eye on too they tend to over price and make up repairs so I keep an eye on them with clear instructions only to do what I ask, two of the repair shops in Pattaya are already off my usable list after past experiences

Perhaps it was because in the green book there were no farang names?

The local Honda dealer where I live is IMO quite trustworthy, does a good job and also looks around the bike for things that aren't on the schedule and points them out.

I usually order the parts and go back when they call me to fit them.

Maybe it is because it is usually the same guy every time and I give him a tip or not but I certainly have no problems.

I'm not talking about getting a Honda wave serviced I'm talking about getting a big bike worked on - two entirely different things in many many ways