Child Car Seats

Shot

There was a thread about this a while back, but the info was vague.

Has anyone recently purchased or seen child car seats in Phuket? If you have purchased, please tell me where, brand, and if you are happy with it. If you have seen one, please tell me where.

Thanks in advance,

Shot

Edit twice because I am really tired. 

Edited by Shot

I bought a GRACO infant car seat from Central Festival department store.

In all of Phuket they seem to have the best selection and price range.

Cost about 12,000 baht on special and covers kids from 9 to 30 kgs.

Get a commercial seat protector from there too.

I have leather seats in my new car and I found that this protector for the seat cushion plus a bit of camp bedding foam for the squab (back of seat) was ideal.

The only issue I have is that the range of tilt adjustment was limited and therefore lacked any head support when daughter was sleeping. A child's circular neck pillow solved this.

Sanuk

Hi there, Central Festival and Jungcylon in Patong are the best for quality. Do not skimp on price, the childs neck is irreplaceable in an acciddent. Best rule of thumb is rear facing seat for children up to two years of age, after two years old, they can change to a forward facing seat. Use only on the rear seats. Never ever place the seat on the front passenger side with an airbag. The airbag will snap the childs neck like a matchstick in a frontal or rear accident. I have horrible photos to show your family what happens if you try and hold a child on your lap in an accident, or a free-standing child in the rear, or a badly fitted or cheap child seat. I know many Farang/Thai families where both the parents regardless of who drives, ALWAYS use a child car seat. Happy and safe motoring.