Falang Go Home . . .

Checker

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id say thais couldnt give a toss about farangs staying or going . Its not as if we can sponge of their welfare system or buy land. Why would they care?

I think its just farangs that want farangs to go home so they can say..... Hey ive lived here for so many years, im so thai and cool i know more than you about thailand. I can eat spicey and read and write thai. I never speak english with my wife at home. Im the best farang and im the only one that should be here. Now the rest of you f off home

Well it seems that way on thaivisa anyhow.

• Like 2

if you get a taxi on a busy day when there are shortages of taxis

if you sit down on a seat on the skytrain when 10 thai people are standing

when someone is in a hurry to pay for something but the staff in 7-11 are busy topping up a phone for a farang

when you park your car in a place a thai man always parks and then he has to park 5 metres further from his door than usual

when you trying to use a credit card in a machine that only takes coins and make everyone miss the skytrain etc

father first finds out daughter is going to cinema with a farang etc biggrin.png

these are the times i think thai people would rather every farang was deported smile.png

for getting in the way and making a mess of things but not usualy

,i doubt they would care too much

Edited by wana
  • Like 1

Well my Thai gf did say to me, 'you go home, get more money, come back'.

Anyway that was a lovely story by transam, it shows that if you have interest, compassion, community spirit and the desire to interact then Thailand is an extraordinarily welcoming place.

• Like 2

same as others really when hacked off the builder, cleaner and electrition dont turn up, and i use the f****** thailand phrase its the usual reply. other wise nobody else. also add to that when no electric, no intenet and about 5 public holidays in a month.

Immigration give the impresssion but never said as much

I've only ever come across this once, not precisely saying go home, but a drunk Thai guy ranting about foreigners taking Thai jobs.

Appart from that they only time I ever come across people telling foreigners to go home, it's here on Thai visa. Foreigners who feel they have the right to dictate the terms of residence in Thailand to other foreigners are common place here on TV.

A number of respondents in this thread do this on a regular basis.

• Like 2

Sound weird I'd never think any Thai would do that. Telling people to go back to where they come from sounded more like White people or Japanese attitude.

There's one old woman, face like she's sucking on lemons, who tells me, in Thai, to go home, every time I walk past her shop.

Just like my own country, there are some xenophobic/racists about - no need to worry too much about it. There are plenty of people I know who'd like the Polish/Africans/Germans/Indians/Pakistanis/Chinese out of my country. The majority, both here and in England, are welcoming though.

Have heard it a few times over the years,but actually not anymore for the past 5-6 years or so.

When i heard this in the past time my usual reply would be,if all farangs had stayed away from Thailand you would now still ride buffalo's instead of driving cars.

Went to a Temple doo in a village yesterday. The village were raising money to build something at the Temple. Big affair. Yes, l stuck out like a sore thumb but l always get involved with the festivities, the folk were overwhelmed with my input and took turns to touch my skin, a 6 year old girl wanted to hold my hand whilst the procession was doing it's thing, and called me grandfather.

When it came to presenting the money ''tree'' to the monks, l had to present it. I did, and folk were so happy.

A lady went to the police who were overseeing stuff, to ask if the farang can drink a beer at the Wat, they said yes, so someone went out and bought me a beer.

But OP, l think it depends where you are in LOS.

Shouldn't this be posted in the " I drink too much" forum?
  • Like 2

Went to a Temple doo in a village yesterday. The village were raising money to build something at the Temple. Big affair. Yes, l stuck out like a sore thumb but l always get involved with the festivities, the folk were overwhelmed with my input and took turns to touch my skin, a 6 year old girl wanted to hold my hand whilst the procession was doing it's thing, and called me grandfather.

When it came to presenting the money ''tree'' to the monks, l had to present it. I did, and folk were so happy.

A lady went to the police who were overseeing stuff, to ask if the farang can drink a beer at the Wat, they said yes, so someone went out and bought me a beer.

You are obviously a sad case, BUT, l am OK with anyone to a point.

Read my post PROPERLY. I did not ask for a beer, the village folk wanted l have a beer.

Now crawl back eh.

• Like 1

I think it´s generalizing from both sides. If you can imagine how much racism exists in a western country then try to think how much there is in a developing country where poor people see westerners come and go as they please but instead of getting help from their own government the elite blames the foreigners, especially the farangs. Wasnt there an article some time ago where an official said that farangs own 90% of Phuket? There is a lot of racism here ,especially coming from the elite who dislikes farangs, coz god help them if foreigners were allowed to vote here.

It exists everywhere but I would be so bold to guess it´s more in the poorer areas and suburbs where farangs are practically non existential. Farangs who live in tourist areas hear less of this of course and can therefor without an effort in checking things up, say you complain too much.

Then again, you find people who can do nothing but complain and I have a few of these as my neighbors but it´s not so much in black and white as some here try to claim.

The entire belief that Thais generally want Falangs to go home is a myth and is not based on reality...it comes from disgruntled Falangs posting on Thaivisa

Why would Thais be different from the population of any western country (take your pick) where they let any (almost) immigrant into their country. Do you think they like them?

• Like 1

Read my post PROPERLY. I did not ask for a beer, the village folk wanted l have a beer.

Now crawl back eh.

Whoa pipo1000,

watch what you say some members may not get the joke. Thin skin.

• Like 2

Now crawl back eh.

Who should be considered a sad case?

He who try to make a joke,or he who doesn't understand a joke and get wrought up by it.

What was that about crawling?You're still not further developed?

Edited by pipo1000

Now crawl back eh.

Who should be considered a sad case?

He who try to make a joke,or he who doesn't understand a joke and get wrought up by it.

What was that about crawling?You're still not further developed?

Apologies if you made a joke cowboy.gif . For me a serious-ish subject and if you are not a native English speaker then my apologies again.

But, my post for me was serious and l cannot see how you can make a joke of it BUT perhaps from different lands eh.

Only once when I was trying to buy a water bottle for my racing bike in a cycle shop.

I asked the cost of one and was told a very high price.

I smiled and said 'pang'.

'<Snip!> off back home' was the reply.

Wifey suggested we leave at that point.

Shortly after that I went for a ride with the local cycling club and was told the shop owner didn't like farang for some reason.

Other than that most Thais I know are really nice people and those I meet seem genuinely friendly.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Edited by metisdead
Profanity removed.

"Thais telling falang go home(leave thailand) "? A large number Thais i have met and speak English wish THEY could leave their country.

No doubt that many of these people have never actually lived overseas, view the west as somehow the land of Milk and Honey.

So of course it is an objective opinion.

And if they did ever get the chance to go live there, they'd no doubt wish they were back in Thailand cause they can't get the food that they want.

in my small city they can get every thing they can get here, even down to daily newspapers and thai magazines. Pappaya no problem. They have as much problem buying what food they want as we do in the big cities here, as in every thing is available. My ex liked it that much she went back to live there. Out of a group of about 20 she knew all were happy there, 1 reason money 60-70000 baht per month for a 37.5 hour week, then OT working as cleaners. Then the child benefit for there kids. it is truly the land of milk and honey in the UK. And of course a few found there way back to former proffesion and earned a fortune, after getting half of the old mans assets.

• Like 1

Only once when I was trying to buy a water bottle for my racing bike in a cycle shop.

I smiled and said 'pang'.

'<Snip!> off back home' was the reply.

Wifey suggested we leave at that point.

Shortly after that I went for a ride with the local cycling club and was told the shop owner didn't like farang for some reason.

Other than that most Thais I know are really nice people and those I meet seem genuinely friendly.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Perhaps it's not that he does not like farangs BUT see's a cash earner for him as you are a millionaire eh. Lots of folk have lost my custom because l and the mrs see the rip off.

I don't think it is the Thais who tell farang to go home but other farang.For some very strange reason, a subset of farang living in Thailand get very angry when anyone points out that Thailand is not perfect. It is like some sort of button clicks in their brain and they are just overwhelmed. About once a week someone will start a topic here wanting to know why some farang complain or don't love Thailand as much as they do. It is really unusual why so many farang and Thailand are so obsessed with what other farang think and do.

What I think it might come down to is that many farang view themselves as a novelty and are angry about the attention they perceive other farang to get. They want to walk down the street and not see any other white faces as they feel like it raises their value. It is very strange and unstable behavior.

• Like 2

The floods, a 300 baht minimum wage will see farangs (forieners) not going home but moving over the border. So maybe then those who want us out will get there wish. Sanyo already moving, and i cannot see Western Didgital or Honda having the same commitment to the country. Vietnam and now Myanmar are now after the foreign cash and jobs and i think they will get it. I doubt Yinglucks visit to the Yippons will have carried much weight. so maybe we will see what happens if the foreiners do go.

Basically i think the poor want us and the HiSo folks dont.

• Like 1

Never been told by a Thai to go home. But I have had issues with some pretty rude characters. However, its my understanding that these rather rude characters would be like that with anyone.

In the tourist areas I think we as westerners can often be treated with a certain level of contempt, be it for the generalisation that as tourists in Thailand we are often tarred by the same brush as the lowest ignorant tourist, or whether its simply because we are seen as cash and nothing more.

Outside of the tourist areas I suspect we hardly register on the radar for the majority of Thai’s who have far greater issues. In these cases we are often treated with the same level of indifference with which any stranger is dealt with. Quite often we’ll be treated more favourably.

In short: Most Thai’s don’t want us to go home for no other reason than they don’t think about Westerners. Its rather arrogant of us as a Westerners to consider that outside the tourist areas (or areas where Westerns may be commonly observed) the Thai’s think of us at all.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

They were probably just keeping in line with the prices quoted at almost every Western-tourist spot in Thailand, by the happy, smiley, lovely Thais.

The cost was high compared to...what? Price of the same item back home? Or price of same item elsewhere in Thailand?

Did you snarl "pang" in a way that may have been miscontrued as an accusation of dishonesty?