Immigration On Departure At Bkk Updates

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi SJ,

Despite the encouraging replies you are getting, don't count on it.

I really don't think there's any way to know until you're there.

I've seen the halls (hall for departures) at Swampy empty. Foolishly ducked off for a ciggie and on return....

Edited by andrew55

Went through on Sunday about 1pm, took about 5 minutes bth Immigration and security, came back Tuesday about 6.30pm 3 to 4 minutes in Immigration. All seemed very organised and controlled.

You are talking about Bangkok, right? giggle.gif

Yep,

Only thing wrong was the one and a half hours waiting for the flightwhistling.gif

I'm aiming to be there 2.5 hrs ahead of flying time & I've got fast track access so fingers crossed no issues.

Thanks fellas

Not suggesting you should get married if you're single but if you are with your Thai wife let her go first to the Thai desk or the person who is organising the queue and ask if you can go through with her. 99% of the time they will let you through together. May check family name in the passports or may not before you get to the desk.

smile.png

Can someone please explain what this "fast track" is all about? Are there signs posted in the immigration areas? Does it entail a special "pass" or ID card? What about flying business or first class? Do you get "fast track" and what do you have to show to get it and where?

Whose all eligible for this "fast track"?

Thanks.

Can someone please explain what this "fast track" is all about? Are there signs posted in the immigration areas? Does it entail a special "pass" or ID card? What about flying business or first class? Do you get "fast track" and what do you have to show to get it and where?

Whose all eligible for this "fast track"?

Thanks.

You can buy it or most airlines give it to Business and First Class pax free. They give you a pass that is similar in size to your boarding pass.

Not arrival. Departure, Sir.biggrin.png

Reading your first post sounded like you arrived in Bangkok, you said passed IM and baggage control.

If you were departing Thailand it would be the other way around.

But good to see times are getting better, I depart BKK on Thursday 5th, hopefully it will be quick.

Not arrival. Departure, Sir.biggrin.png

Reading your first post sounded like you arrived in Bangkok, you said passed IM and baggage control.

If you were departing Thailand it would be the other way around.

But good to see times are getting better, I depart BKK on Thursday 5th, hopefully it will be quick.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw things that way.

came in yesterday from Singapore... amazing Thailand...official to check that immigration form is completed before you queue and then directed to officer.. all took about 10 minutes...excellent service...

would be interested to know if this is now the norm?

are they doing same outbound?

As the OP was asking about departures, and I assume has now departed, I will pass on my observations from when I dropped friends off to catch the 09.30 Emirates flight on Friday the 23rd.

Emirates check in at Zone T, they got there at a tad after 07.00 and the queue for check in wasn't too bad. Whilst they were in line I went to look at the Immigration areas, the Immigration area nearest the check in desk was over flowing out of the main area with the snake queues full to capacity and reaching the entrance, there were staff outside directing families to the fast track area, which itself was overflowing.

I walked to the Immigration area nearest the Thai desks and it was almost deserted, passengers were walking in and straight to an Immigration Officer.

There was nobody directing passengers from the full Immigration areas to the empty ones.

Just breezed through outgoing immigration at about 7.30 PM on a Sunday. Two in front at the central immigration area, probably 60% of desks manned.

Of course the bottleneck is now at security, not bad but can only get worse when all immigration desks operating.

As the OP was asking about departures, and I assume has now departed, I will pass on my observations from when I dropped friends off to catch the 09.30 Emirates flight on Friday the 23rd.

Emirates check in at Zone T, they got there at a tad after 07.00 and the queue for check in wasn't too bad. Whilst they were in line I went to look at the Immigration areas, the Immigration area nearest the check in desk was over flowing out of the main area with the snake queues full to capacity and reaching the entrance, there were staff outside directing families to the fast track area, which itself was overflowing.

I walked to the Immigration area nearest the Thai desks and it was almost deserted, passengers were walking in and straight to an Immigration Officer.

There was nobody directing passengers from the full Immigration areas to the empty ones.

They used to have TV monitors next to the entrances of the east and west departing Immigration Halls which allowed you to see the lines in the 'other' hall, so you could make a decision about which hall to use. During my last visit I noticed these are no longer in place.

Based on first-hand reports here, and in some other forums, it does sound like some improvements have been made for departing Immigration wait times, over the last ~ 10 days or so.

My experience on Monday evening, 26 Mar to add to the mix. Had the opportunity to watch the departure immigration from the Visa Re-entry area for about 45 minutes (around 1800 hrs) and can happily report that no one had to queue more than 5 minutes. Very organised with plenty of immigration agents and one or two free agents that roved around dealing with special problems. While not a peak hour, I found the situation encouraging.

Have they put the telly screens back in place so you can see from one queue what the other queue is like?

Have they put the telly screens back in place so you can see from one queue what the other queue is like?

They weren't there on Friday, first thing I looked for, would have saved me the walk.

I arrived at 9.30pm on Weds 21st and the main immigration was empty. I have a fast-track (CIP card) but didn't use it as there was nobody in the main hall as I walked past.

Back in the airport for departure at 5.30am on Thurs 22nd for a 7.30am flight. I was travelling with colleagues but could only take 1 with me through the fast track as my guest. It took us 30 mins to clear immigration and security as fast track was queued out the door, the main hall was packed and our colleague took a further hour to catch up with us.

Arrived back 10pm on Thurs 22nd - I'm afraid I was too drunk to notice the queues, but I don't think it took long through fast track....

Immigration is curently recruiting new immigration officers. But it will take some time before the new officers will have completed their training.

At peak times it will be hectic for a while longer, but they are working on it.