Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

Here is a new challange. Only 2 rounds left who can predict the first 4 or 8 in correct order.

Here is my 8 with their final points

It is a very big guess as percentage will be very important.

Sydney 68

Adelaide 68

Hawthorn 64

Coollingwood 64

Eagles 64

Nth Melb 60

Geelong 60

Freemantle 52

So Freo will make up the numbers, but the rest all have a chance?

Is North the finisher? Can they do a Kiwi? I fear they'll falter, but they're very interesting right now.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is a new challange. Only 2 rounds left who can predict the first 4 or 8 in correct order.

Sydney 68

Adelaide 68

Hawthorn 64

Coollingwood 64

Eagles 64

Nth Melb 60

Geelong 60

Freemantle 52

I hope you're wrong (but suspect you're right), I really don't want to see an elimination final between Eagles and Freeemantle.

We would lose the home ground advantage we deserve for finishing fifth. I'd much rather have a team from elsewhere having to bear the travel and pain.

Edited by Old Croc

Sydney 68

Adelaide 68

Hawthorn 64

Coollingwood 64

Eagles 64

Nth Melb 60

Geelong 60

Freemantle 52

I hope you're wrong (but suspect you're right), I really don't want to see an elimination final between Eagles and Freeemantle.

We would lose the home ground advantage we deserve for finishing fifth. I'd much rather have a team from elsewhere having to bear the travel and pain.

The eigth position is up for grabs. Carlton may even get there. The percentage will be a major factor to decide it I think.

I hope we can see all the finals live on Australian Network.

Sydney 68

Adelaide 68

Hawthorn 64

Coollingwood 64

Eagles 64

Nth Melb 60

Geelong 60

Freemantle 52

Mate

I'm not sure these figures work.

Do you mean Eagles 60?

If not, you're giving the Eagles 2 wins and you giving Hawks 1

and yet they're playing WCE next week and you've picked Syd tonightunsure.png

Regards

Will

Sydney 68

Adelaide 68

Hawthorn 64

Coollingwood 64

Eagles 64

Nth Melb 60

Geelong 60

Freemantle 52

Mate

I'm not sure these figures work.

Do you mean Eagles 60?

If not, you're giving the Eagles 2 wins and you giving Hawks 1

and yet they're playing WCE next week and you've picked Syd tonightunsure.png

Regards

Will

Thanks for that. Yes West Coast are on 60. Just a little typo. Well picked up.

Good win to Hawthorn and West Coast. Big match next week between them. I think that Hawthorn may win as it will be played in Melbourne. There are no sure things in this season There are many possiblities for the order of the first 4. Sydney will have to beat Geelong in Geelong to get a home game. This will be difficult but they did in round 22 last year. Carlton loss to GWS has sunk their chances to make the 8. Next weekend will be very interesting. It will be a great arm chair ride next weekend.

Good win to Hawthorn and West Coast. Big match next week between them. I think that Hawthorn may win as it will be played in Melbourne. There are no sure things in this season There are many possiblities for the order of the first 4. Sydney will have to beat Geelong in Geelong to get a home game. This will be difficult but they did in round 22 last year. Carlton loss to GWS has sunk their chances to make the 8. Next weekend will be very interesting. It will be a great arm chair ride next weekend.

With finally beating the Pies after 7 straight losses it sets up a mouth-watering mini final at the G on Friday night...After last night's convincing win against their bogy team the Eagles will believe they can win and are not without a chance...You would probably think Geelong would win at home since they've only lost once there in the last 5 years...Fundly enough, Sydney was the team that beat them...Definately an exciting final round of the season and still a handful of clubs could win the flag in my opinion...Looking forward to watching it all play out!

Edited by yabbra

North have faltered. Freo have credibility.

And more importantly gives more hope to West Coast and Freo not playing off in an Elimination Final...Hey, Freo could even get there own home final if they have a good win over Melbourne and Geelong lose to Sydney

If they can hold that form although that is a big ask,then perhaps they could be considered an outside chance for the flag.rolleyes.gif

On todays form and with Pav to come back I dont see why not...Apparently, they won 4 out of 5 games in Melbourne this year and winning on the road is what it takes

Here is my final 8 with points.

Sydney 72

Adelaide 68

Hawthorn 64

Collingwood 64

West Coast 60

Fremantle 56

Geelong 56

Nth Melbourne 56

Good to see your team had a great win. You must be very happy. They had a great percentage booster as well. It appears you have another supporter now amongst our ranks. Post # 376 All I can hope for is for Sydney to win against Geelong to get a home game. It appears that they will play Adelaide but where is the question.

post-140056-0-42828300-1346028332_thumb.

Although the Lions will probably end up only one win less than Richmond, a 25% difference in percentage indicates the gap between the top 12 sides and the bottom 6 this year. If we had a two-tier competition (12 clubs in each), there would be a clear justification for the present bottom six being in Division 2. I've been away for a long time but would teams like Port Melbourne, and a couple of other ex-VFA clubs plus Tasmania still be contenders for the rest of Division 2?

I haven't considered the logistics or costs involved in a second division. It might be necessary for teams from No 19 - 24 to be Melbourne-based plus Tassie. It would be good to see the Northern Territory in there, but may be beyond costing limits.

Here is my final 8 with points.

Sydney 72

Adelaide 68

Hawthorn 64

Collingwood 64

West Coast 60

Fremantle 56

Geelong 56

Nth Melbourne 56

Good to see your team had a great win. You must be very happy. They had a great percentage booster as well. It appears you have another supporter now amongst our ranks. Post # 376 All I can hope for is for Sydney to win against Geelong to get a home game. It appears that they will play Adelaide but where is the question.

Thanks for that and yes I'm very happy with the way the team is playing now.You might find that there are more dockers supporters out there than we realise.Providing Fremantle win by 3-4 goals and Sydney beat Geelong by around the same margin or more,that will also give Fremantle a home final.

Mathew Pavlich is no certainty to play on sunday,maybe it's better that they don't play him if there is any doubt and save him for the finals.

You might find that there are more dockers supporters out there than we realise.

My mother was from East Fremantle and I have a Fremantle FC hat which I wear sometimes (bought to keep the sun off at an Essendon-Fremantle game at Etihad in 2010).

I guess that makes the Dockers my second team. smile.png

Here are my tips for the final home and away games.I picked these before last weekend as I used the afl ladder predictor to calculate my final 8.

Carlton

Colligwood

Richmond

Hawthorn

Sydney

Adelaide

Brisbane

Nth Melbourne

Fremantle

You might find that there are more dockers supporters out there than we realise.

My mother was from East Fremantle and I have a Fremantle FC hat which I wear sometimes (bought to keep the sun off at an Essendon-Fremantle game at Etihad in 2010).

I guess that makes the Dockers my second team. smile.png

My family lived in Willagee for 40 years.One sister still does and has been a member since the start and another sister lives in Geraldton and has also been a member from day one.Her and her husband come down to Perth for every home game.

Although the Lions will probably end up only one win less than Richmond, a 25% difference in percentage indicates the gap between the top 12 sides and the bottom 6 this year. If we had a two-tier competition (12 clubs in each), there would be a clear justification for the present bottom six being in Division 2. I've been away for a long time but would teams like Port Melbourne, and a couple of other ex-VFA clubs plus Tasmania still be contenders for the rest of Division 2?

I haven't considered the logistics or costs involved in a second division. It might be necessary for teams from No 19 - 24 to be Melbourne-based plus Tassie.

It would be good to see the Northern Territory in there, but may be beyond costing limits.

I think this has some merit. I have always wondered why Tasmania and NT don't have a team in AFL but then I seem to remember that NT were toying with the Idea a few years ago.One big advantage would be that two divisions of 12 teams each would allow each division to have a 22 match season and that would allow every team to play every other team twice rather than the farcical situation that exists now.Maybe would have to revert to a final four or see if they can they can devise a final 6.It's all pie in the sky for now but it is something that I would like to see. Edited by Ron19

I haven't considered the logistics or costs involved in a second division. It might be necessary for teams from No 19 - 24 to be Melbourne-based plus Tassie.

It would be good to see the Northern Territory in there, but may be beyond costing limits.

I think this has some merit. I have always wondered why Tasmania and NT don't have a team in AFL but then I seem to remember that NT were toying with the Idea a few years ago.One big advantage would be that two divisions of 12 teams each would allow each division to have a 22 match season and that would allow every team to play every other team twice rather than the farcical situation that exists now.Maybe would have to revert to a final four or see if they can they can devise a final 6.It's all pie in the sky for now but it is something that I would like to see.

It would bring us back to a 12-team competition with a final 4 in each division, and the bottom 2 teams in Div 1 relegated to make way for the top two in Div 2.

It just seems to make so much sense to me, but I don't know if it's financially feasible.

Having been an English football fan of a third division side for some time I think fans would be happier to see their team playing winnable games in whatever division rather than being walloped week after week like our bottom five sides have been this year.

Edited by Xangsamhua
  • Like 1

I think this has some merit. I have always wondered why Tasmania and NT don't have a team in AFL but then I seem to remember that NT were toying with the Idea a few years ago.One big advantage would be that two divisions of 12 teams each would allow each division to have a 22 match season and that would allow every team to play every other team twice rather than the farcical situation that exists now.Maybe would have to revert to a final four or see if they can they can devise a final 6.It's all pie in the sky for now but it is something that I would like to see.

The NT has a team in the NEAFL. They are called the NT Thunder. They play against Qld and NSW teams. The actual season for AFL in the NT is in the wet season. This is opposite time of the year then when it is played down south.

The NT has a team in the NEAFL. They are called the NT Thunder. They play against Qld and NSW teams. The actual season for AFL in the NT is in the wet season. This is opposite time of the year then when it is played down south.

That could make it difficult for them.

Here are my tips for the final home and away games.I picked these before last weekend as I used the afl ladder predictor to calculate my final 8.

Carlton

Colligwood

Richmond

Hawthorn

Sydney

Adelaide

Brisbane

Nth Melbourne

Fremantle

The only difference for me is I went for St Kilda to win over Carlton.

I had to go for the Swans. I think it will be a hard match for them at Geelong. If they win they get a home final.

Brett Ratten has been dumped as Carlton coach, with the Blues confirming his departure at a media conference a short time ago.

Blues President Stephen Kernahan broke the news, saying Ratten would still be given the opportunity to coach the Blues in their final game of the season, against St Kilda on Sunday.

Ratten, 41, was told by the Blues board on Wednesday that he would be dumped despite having a full year remaining on his contract.

The decision was taken in the wake of Saturday's shock loss to Gold Coast, which ended their finals chances.

Ratten could have chosen to leave the club straight away, but will instead stay in the top job for the dead rubber final round match against the Saints.

"I started the year - I want to finish the year," Ratten said.

"... that is my role and I am not hiding from one thing."

Three-time West Coast and Collingwood premiership coach Mick Malthouse is the hot favourite to succeed Ratten.

Carlton president Stephen Kernahan said the club would now turn its attention to finding a new coach.

"We're looking for a respected senior coach," said Kernahan.

"(Malthouse) is certainly in the mix."

Ratten said he wanted to be a career AFL coach.

But he said he did not care who took charge of the Blues in 2013 and beyond.

Ratten stood by his pre-season claim that Carlton should have been targeting a top-four finish in 2012 and that should also be the aim for the new coach in 2013.

"The club has been ruthless in its quest for success and that's one of its great strengths as a footy club," said Ratten.

"At the end of the day we didn't play finals and that was our objective.

"I am disappointed that I am not coaching the club I played at and have been a part of, but I can't change that.

"I don't think they should lower their expectations whether I'm the coach or when the next coach comes in."

Ratten has coached the Blues to 60 wins in his 119 matches at the helm since taking over from Denis Pagan late in the 2007 season.

Carlton qualified for the finals in each of the past three years, with Ratten putting on record early this season that the club wanted a top-four finish in 2012.

Finishing a long way short of that target helped seal Ratten's fate.

As did the availability of such a well-credentialled replacement as Malthouse, who has spent 2012 working in the media after being replaced in the top job at Collingwood by Nathan Buckley.

Prior to this season, the highly-respected Malthouse had spent 27 successive years as a head coach at Western Bulldogs, West Coast and Collingwood.

The 58-year-old is the second most experienced coach in VFL/AFL history with 664, behind only Magpies legend Jock McHale (714).

Out-of-contract Collingwood key forward Travis Cloke has also been linked with a move to the Magpies' arch-rivals Carlton, a prospect that could become more likely if Malthouse agrees to terms with the blues.

Edited by Ron19