Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ASADA to appeal AFL's Saad finding

Ahmed Saad is in danger of having his 18-month suspension for testing positive to a banned drug extended to two years.

The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) is set to appeal against the AFL’s finding in the case of the suspended former St Kilda player, who tested positive to Methyl Synephrine HCL - a substance found in an energy drink he took before a match earlier this year.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/asada-to-appeal-afls-saad-finding-20131205-2yrt3.html#ixzz2mYOCk7Eb

What is ASADA doing about Essendon, that was far bigger than Ahmed SAAD.

James Hird is 'still being paid' by Essendon

• by: Michael Warner, Mark Robinson
  • December 05, 2013 10:51AM

JAMES Hird is continuing to be paid through Essendon, despite AFL chief Andrew Demetriou's insistence that the Bombers are banned from paying him.

The contradiction threatens to undermine the credibility of the AFL Commission resolution on the Essendon saga.

Meanwhile, ASADA has appealed an 18-month ban handed to St Kilda forward Ahmed Saad for taking a banned energy drink and is expected to push for a maximum two-year suspension.

But the move has been criticised by former ASADA boss Richard Ings, who says the anti-doping body should accept the 18-month penalty and "move on to completing more important matters". ASADA's lengthy investigation into the possible use of performance-enhancing drugs at Essendon remains open.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/james-hird-is-still-being-paid-by-essendon/story-fni5f6kv-1226775426422

Edited by chooka

ASADA could also find themselves in the position that they lose and Saad is free to play next season.

Not unheard of them doing this though, but 6 months?

Sleeping dogs lie and all that..

They really do have better things to do with their time..

I think it all started with this guy who has spat the dummy.

Banned VFL player queries Saad punishment

SUSPENDED VFL footballer Matthew Clark has called on the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) to appeal the length of Ahmed Saad's suspension.

Saad was given an 18-month suspension by the AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal after testing positive to a banned substance found in an energy drink.

Clark is serving a two-year ban after a similar chemical was found in his system while playing for Frankston in the VFL.

The AFL allowed Saad to train with St Kilda during his provisional six-month suspension this year, but a spokesperson for the League said that must cease now that the official sanction has been handed down.

Clark was offered a provisional ban but he declined that offer.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-29/banned-vfl-player-queries-saad-punishment

• Like 1

@BOOKMAN it is a fantasy league.

You are the coach and you have every player in the AFL at your disposal to enlist into your dream team. You do have a salary cap tho of around 10 mil but can trade players (2 per wk) BUY and Sell. Free to play and you pit your team each week against mates in your league. The ladder and points/percentage work the same as the AFL and you go through to play in your leagues finals/or not.

It's fun and I have been doing it for 3 yrs costs nothing only the ribbing from fellow players same as on here.

here is a link....

http://www.afl.com.au/fantasy

Yeah I'll check that out tomorrow, thanks.

So you propose, TV members on this thread who want to, form a fantasy league as well?

Yep form a Fantasy league play against each other, put the tips in as normal and keep the chat going in a fresh forum for 2014.

Dreanteam yep I'll join the league, always had it for fun with mates. Just found this thread but keep me informed as the league doesn't commence until January but definitely count me in.

• Like 2

ASADA could also find themselves in the position that they lose and Saad is free to play next season.

Not unheard of them doing this though, but 6 months?

Sleeping dogs lie and all that..

They really do have better things to do with their time..

I think it all started with this guy who has spat the dummy.

Banned VFL player queries Saad punishment

SUSPENDED VFL footballer Matthew Clark has called on the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) to appeal the length of Ahmed Saad's suspension.

Saad was given an 18-month suspension by the AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal after testing positive to a banned substance found in an energy drink.

Clark is serving a two-year ban after a similar chemical was found in his system while playing for Frankston in the VFL.

The AFL allowed Saad to train with St Kilda during his provisional six-month suspension this year, but a spokesperson for the League said that must cease now that the official sanction has been handed down.

Clark was offered a provisional ban but he declined that offer.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-29/banned-vfl-player-queries-saad-punishment

SAAD appears to have copped it hard compared to Essendon but then again ASADA aren't finished with the Bombers yet and we may see a few ASADA imposed bans. If ASADA want to appeal the light sentence handed out by the AFL to SAAD Essendon should be worried.

@BOOKMAN it is a fantasy league.

You are the coach and you have every player in the AFL at your disposal to enlist into your dream team. You do have a salary cap tho of around 10 mil but can trade players (2 per wk) BUY and Sell. Free to play and you pit your team each week against mates in your league. The ladder and points/percentage work the same as the AFL and you go through to play in your leagues finals/or not.

It's fun and I have been doing it for 3 yrs costs nothing only the ribbing from fellow players same as on here.

here is a link....

http://www.afl.com.au/fantasy

Yeah I'll check that out tomorrow, thanks.

So you propose, TV members on this thread who want to, form a fantasy league as well?

Yep form a Fantasy league play against each other, put the tips in as normal and keep the chat going in a fresh forum for 2014.
Dreanteam yep I'll join the league, always had it for fun with mates. Just found this thread but keep me informed as the league doesn't commence until January but definitely count me in.

You are in, as bookman said suggested I will P.M other members on here and invite them also.

• Like 1

Bookman, Ron19, Ripstanly. Grantsmith, Will27, OldCroc, Fozfromoz, Gazman, Xangsharma. Farnerjo, Radar501, Koorweerup and Alexrrr.

You are all AFL supporters and been active participants on the AFL Forum "Australian Rules Football For Aussies in Thai"

It has been a great ride and a lot of banter exchanged and absolutely a little family has been formed and no bickering as on other forums. May have something to do with no Collingwood supportersbiggrin.png No I am not leaving or passing over to the other side.

I have been chatting with Bookman via P.M's and we propose for next season forming a league in the AFL Dreamteam Fantasy competition. Some of you may be aware of it and actually already partake. Those of you that do know it is good fun and you pit yourself against mates just like the footy tipping we currently do. You build your team from the entire pool of AFL players within a salary cap.

I will be setting up a league for 2014 and already have two takers in Bookman and Kooweerup. Sixteen positions open in the league (all free of course) and 13 left.

P.M me if you want more info.

Now a side issue well not exactly. The current forum has been running since 2011 and is getting long in the tooth with 116 pages and 2889 replies. This is great and must be pushing a record on Thai Visa.

Great for the people who are regulars but new people may see it and not bother.

My proposal is that we close the current forum and start afresh and hopefully attract a new audience, even Collingwood supporters if they behave.

Something like "Aussie Rules Football 2014, Tipping Chat and great mates"

Anyway leave it up to you guys.

I will cut and paste this to you all. as a personal message.

UNFORTUNATELY YOU CAN ONLY SEND ONE PERSONAL MESSAGE PER DAY ON THAIVISA.

Don't know why so it may take a week to send this out to you all.

Edited by chooka

Bookman, Ron19, Ripstanly. Grantsmith, Will27, OldCroc, Fozfromoz, Gazman, Xangsharma. Farnerjo, Radar501, Koorweerup and Alexrrr.

You are all AFL supporters and been active participants on the AFL Forum "Australian Rules Football For Aussies in Thai"

It has been a great ride and a lot of banter exchanged and absolutely a little family has been formed and no bickering as on other forums. May have something to do with no Collingwood supportersbiggrin.png No I am not leaving or passing over to the other side.

I have been chatting with Bookman via P.M's and we propose for next season forming a league in the AFL Dreamteam Fantasy competition. Some of you may be aware of it and actually already partake. Those of you that do know it is good fun and you pit yourself against mates just like the footy tipping we currently do. You build your team from the entire pool of AFL players within a salary cap.

I will be setting up a league for 2014 and already have two takers in Bookman and Kooweerup. Sixteen positions open in the league (all free of course) and 13 left.

Now a side issue well not exactly. The current forum has been running since 2011 and is getting long in the tooth with 116 pages and 2889 replies. This is great and must be pushing a record on Thai Visa.

My proposal is that we close the current forum and start afresh and hopefully attract a new audience, even Collingwood supporters if they behave.

Starting the new thread in 2014 is a great idea. I will join the dream team and we can also set up the tipping contest through the AFL website.

• Like 2

Starting the new thread in 2014 is a great idea. I will join the dream team and we can also set up the tipping contest through the AFL website.

Ok people throw up a few ideas for a new title of a thread, we vote and put it up in say the next 2 weeks for a bit of banter leading into 2014.

So far

Bookman

Ripstanley

Grant

Kooweerup and;

myself aka chooka are in.

I think Andrew is full of himself and <deleted> if he says he didn't know anything about the James Hird / Essendon deal.

He knows all the intimate details of the Ahmed SAAD case and that was only minor incident.

James Hird insisted he be paid during 12-month suspension

• by: Michael Warner, Peter Rolfe
  • December 06, 2013 8:41AM

JAMES Hird insisted, when signing off on his 12-month suspension, that if there was no pay there was no deal.

The Herald Sun can reveal the Essendon coach made it clear he would agree to a ban only if he kept his full salary, believed to be about $1 million a year, for the duration of his time out of the game.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/james-hird-insisted-he-be-paid-during-12month-suspension/story-fni5f6kv-1226776459509?utm_source=Herald%20Sun&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=editorial&net_sub_uid=6385596

Edited by chooka

I think Andrew is full of himself and <deleted> if he says he didn't know anything about the James Hird / Essendon deal.

I knows all the intimate details of the Ahmed SAAD case and that was only minor incident.

James Hird insisted he be paid during 12-month suspension

• by: Michael Warner, Peter Rolfe
  • December 06, 2013 8:41AM

JAMES Hird insisted, when signing off on his 12-month suspension, that if there was no pay there was no deal.

The Herald Sun can reveal the Essendon coach made it clear he would agree to a ban only if he kept his full salary, believed to be about $1 million a year, for the duration of his time out of the game.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/james-hird-insisted-he-be-paid-during-12month-suspension/story-fni5f6kv-1226776459509?utm_source=Herald%20Sun&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=editorial&net_sub_uid=6385596

Suspended on full pay pending outcome of investigations..

oh hang on, the investigation finished tongue.png

Ok people throw up a few ideas for a new title of a thread, we vote and put it up in say the next 2 weeks for a bit of banter leading into 2014.

Something that makes it clear from a glance it is AFL, so a few new contributors might drop by

'AFL Aussie Rules Fan Chat 2014'

Good idea Chooka, a name change and new and improved forum sounds good.

I will put the thinking cap on for some names.

Early days fella's so here's a few starters for the new name.

AFL - The Only Football

Aussie Rules - Real Footy

laugh.png

How about,

Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & Dreamteam

May attract some who are interest in one or the other or a combination of all.

Dream Team starters so far

Ron

Bookman

Ripstanley

Grant

Kooweerup and;

myself aka chooka are in

• Like 1

AFL - The Only Football

laugh.png

How about,

Ron

Bookman

Ripstanley

Grant

Kooweerup and;

myself aka chooka are in

Looking good so far chooka.

Where are Will27, OldCroc, Alexrrr, amongst others? All in I hope.

AFL - The Only Football

laugh.png

How about,

Ron

Bookman

Ripstanley

Grant

Kooweerup and;

myself aka chooka are in

Will27 sent his thanks but declined the Dreamteam but will be with us 2014 for the tips and chat.

AFL - The Only Football

laugh.png

How about,

Ron

Bookman

Ripstanley

Grant

Kooweerup and;

myself aka chooka are in

Dream Team Update

Farmerjo

Xangsamhua

Ron

Bookman

Ripstanley

Grant

Kooweerup and;

myself aka chooka are in

• Like 1