Angry Man Blasts Russians In Pattaya

TCW

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like he is doing the right thing bye leaving if it's bothering him this much. I live on the dark side and don't see any of the so called russification unless I go down town to tukcom etc. and even then I am not bothered the same way this guy says.

I do understand where he is coming from if the condo he lives in is like that and I don't blame him one bit for being pissed off and wanting to move.

I have nothing against any race, colour etc. but yes I have seen the same thing at the market where they speak to the old ladies etc. in Russian and look pissed off when they don't understand but then again I have also seen this with thick celtic accents or strong cockney accents too and sometimes even I don't understand but I usually just try to help translate for them if they are having trouble buying something or getting there points across as my Thai isn't too bad.

• Like 1

My biggest problem with the Ruskies is most of them are just so rude, in my Condo block when I take the elevator to the ground floor the door opens and they try to get in before the people inside can exit. Same in 7-11 they just push to front of the Qangry.png

• Like 1

Keep in mind a vast majority of the Russians that visit Pattaya are very low educated, poor, country side people who have either never left the country or one or twice possible some package vacations to Turkey or Egypt.

Most Muscovites would not be caught dead in that cesspool, def samui or phuket more likely. Ignoring Patong and that mango of course.

Very funny letter though.

What does the writer expect in Pattaya, which is after all, a holiday Resort? Top Hat and tails and a Gentleman's Club gentility???

I take it he didn't move there for the beaches and laid back atmosphere...?

The mind boggles when I read things like this.

• Like 2

Off topic posts discussing the specifics of prostitution removed.

18) Not to discuss the specifics of prostitution.Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgment of that fact is not forbidden. However ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation.

Keep in mind a vast majority of the Russians that visit Pattaya are very low educated, poor, country side people who have either never left the country or one or twice possible some package vacations to Turkey or Egypt.

How on earth would you know that? Did you ask for CVs? Given the almost universally low salary levels in the former Soviet republics, I would speculate that the ones who can afford to travel here, even on packages, are the ones with higher incomes - jobs which therefore require higher education levels.

Since moving to this area a few months ago, I have had occasion to interact with about a dozen of what most would call Russians. Of that number, only two were actually from Russia - most were from Central Asia and the Caucasus - Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Bulgaria, etc. They may speak the Russian language (along with others), but they certainly do not consider themselves Russian. Call someone from one of those countries a Russian and you will get about the same reaction as if you called a Scot or an Irishman a Brit.

All of the contacts were pleasant, although I did have the advantage of speaking some rudimentary Russian, which surprised them and led to friendly exchanges. Like any other nationality, there are good and bad sides and I suspect Pattaya gets a mix of both.

• Like 1

My biggest problem with the Ruskies is most of them are just so rude, in my Condo block when I take the elevator to the ground floor the door opens and they try to get in before the people inside can exit. Same in 7-11 they just push to front of the Qangry.png

Manners for most of us are taught from an early age, unfortunately many nationalities didn't get that education from ma & pa, sadly. jap.gif

• Like 2

The woman are ok for a change in eye candy on walking street but in general i do not like russians. They are downright rude and yes i have expirienced and seen this many many times and before anyone starts ive also seen it from many brits, germans but in general more russians, woman and men.

• Like 1

My wife owns a small rental block on Soi-Yumet(near Big C central). So I see alot of Russian tour guides walking past our place on the way to work.

I got talking to one bloke recently and explained the recent influx to me like this.

Alot of tour agency's are under huge pressure to get numbers into Thai, so much so that most

of the people coming now are actually rather poor but to get them over and use themsleves as "guide" they are offering flights at below cost which is starting to hurt alot of tour agency in Patt's.

So I guess when oil rises/airplane tickets rises the bubble will burst as most with most things that grow at such a fast pace.

I know that there are alot of rich Russian's but their GDP per capitia is quite low compared to U.S Europe, I guess the poorer one are making the most of it while the bargins are on.

Edited by Scabo

An over the top racist rant has been removed.

For information please see the following rule that everyone agreed to when they signed up:

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Russian women seem to come in only two variaties:

The young ones extremely sexy and beautiful, and

the older ones, almost all of them overweight or obese, scruffy and not well looked after. The massage women on the beach have an extremely hard job on them.

OK, I meself am in my late 50's and surely no eye - candy anymore to the rest of the world.... But at least I cover myself up, wearing a shirt at all times.

Many obese Russian women have no such thoughts... Sometimes pretty tough for the people around them!

• Like 1

I just read the letter to the editor that was attached in the OP. It's funny but if I replaced the word "Russian" with say "English", the result is closer to my own experience! But of course, I know not all English people are tattooed drunks who behave like morons and hooligans.

• Like 1

Sorry to add to this with another negative report, however, being in Phuket during the flooding

times and going to areas where they were near Robinson, my Thai wife waiting on line for

some Thai food, these Russian couples just jumped the line, they seemed like the guys

were tough guys, no shirts and big muscles with Tattoos.

Did not care about anyone and we noticed this in the mall as well.

Then walking around the area for the few weeks we were in Patong Beach similar problems and

i myself said I could never stay here again since the attitude was that of this is my country and

don't get in my way.

Pattaya I avoid as well in the six years living in Bkk.

I hope this does not offend anyone and I will say that my Grandmother was from Russia and I lived

with her growing up in the Beach area of Brooklyn NY where allot of Russians moved and they

were kind and considerate and friendly and not abusive as I have seen coming to Thailand.

How on earth would you know that? Did you ask for CVs? Given the almost universally low salary levels in the former Soviet republics, I would speculate that the ones who can afford to travel here, even on packages, are the ones with higher incomes - jobs which therefore require higher education levels.

Since moving to this area a few months ago, I have had occasion to interact with about a dozen of what most would call Russians. Of that number, only two were actually from Russia - most were from Central Asia and the Caucasus - Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Bulgaria, etc. They may speak the Russian language (along with others), but they certainly do not consider themselves Russian. Call someone from one of those countries a Russian and you will get about the same reaction as if you called a Scot or an Irishman a Brit.

All of the contacts were pleasant, although I did have the advantage of speaking some rudimentary Russian, which surprised them and led to friendly exchanges. Like any other nationality, there are good and bad sides and I suspect Pattaya gets a mix of both.

I think you will find that the Scots are Brits, as are the Welsh and Ulstermen. As within most families we have different points of view over many things but render a threat to the country and we stick together, side by side. For the ignorant and hard of thinking please get it into your heads that England is not same same UK.

In the matter of Russians I have found that anybody acting in an uncouth way is invariably from one of the former Soviet satellite countries. I'm not a nightbird at my great age so I can't comment on what goes on after dark - and I prefer not to know. One thing of which I am fairly sure of is that the scene falls far short of the disgraceful, boorish behaviour in Blackpool during 'Glasgow Week'.

I'll try to say this politely. In real life, believe it or not, I am rather a polite person. In my experiences being my normal polite self to Russian speaking tourists in Pattaya, I get the distinct impression that is being seen as a sign of weakness and certainly not respected or valued. I don't like bashing any nationality, but the reality is that there ARE cultural differences in the different groups mixing together here.

• Like 1

If you read what I said it says "of the Russians" not of people the former soviet republics and my basis of knowledge is my business in tourism plus my many Moscow friends (also in tourism) from my former work there. Lots of former ussr people say Russian because it's easier and more understandable than random cities regions or -Stan countries.

My opinion so relax.

I'll try to say this politely. In real life, believe it or not, I am rather a polite person. In my experiences being my normal polite self to Russian speaking tourists in Pattaya, I get the distinct impression that is being seen as a sign of weakness and certainly not respected or valued. I don't like bashing any nationality, but the reality is that there ARE cultural differences in the different groups mixing together here.

you are to pink you have to be blue

It quite funny really. If I'm in a crowded 7Eleven full of Russians and I need to get past them, and it's obvious I need to get past them and they don't move I just bump them out of the way.

You develop different techniques for different nationalities.

They often try to push my tiny wife aside when she's at the markets - and it's funny to watch her stand her ground and shove them back.

• Like 1

I noticed something similar in the Internet cafe at swampy 1 time. A Russian guy wanted to make a long distance call and was asking the ladies behind he desk in Russian. They couldn't understand him, told him in English and how did he respond? By speaking louder until he started making a real spectacle of himself.

• Like 1