How To Buy Modem Router

steveb

I am using true internet with their modem but would now like to connect magic jack plus but my true modem has only one port.It's quite confusing as I look in the shops as ther are many brands with different speeds and specs. I saw 150 and 300 mpg speed and not sure what is the difference of brands and if speed is important. Would appreciate information fo a novice.

First of all your speed is limited by your provider, so even if you buy the very fast roter, you still get wjat True gives you. I hardly get more than 5m with my 7m true, amd mostly around 2m

If you decide to change your route I recommend you get with an iterchangable antenna to extand the range. True come with fix antenna and cannot be changes

There have been many, many, many threads on this subject. A search may reveal valuable information for you.

The speeds you mention are WiFi speeds. 150 Mbps should be more than adequate, considering your uplink is probably only running 7 Mbps.

You can find single units with an integrated ADSL modem, WiFi AP and 4-port (this is what you need for your MJ+) ethernet routers for 1,200 to 4,000+.

TP-Link, D-Link, Belkin, Linksys, Netgear, Zyxel, Asus, Buffalo are just some of the brands which are available here.