True Tv - Transferring Signal To Bedroom

mrireland

I have True TV platinum package, my TV in the bedroom and sitting room are basically back to back separated by a wall and the distance between both is probably less than 10 foot so i could easily just get a long cable and when im in the bedroom pull the cable around, would be pretty easy but means i wouldnt be able to close the bedroom door, now this sounds like my best option, i tried to pay the installation guy to add another box in the bedroom but he had no english i had no Thai and i dont think he understood.

Now there is already a socket in the wall in the bedroom for TV and i get a couple of crap Thai channels on it, i wonder is there an easier way to transfer the signal, doubt it though?

My other option is getting True to install a 2nd box, anyone any ideas how much this costs or is it counted as a 2nd installation and thus full price?

I bought for 700 bht a set up that sends a radio signal to your box. Two thingy's with small antennas, One near your box and one near the second tele. My box is in the bedroom but we can change channels downstairs in the living room. cowboy.gif

Bought it in one of those big shops that sells all the hi-fi karaoke stuff.

Edited by transam

If you look at the Truevisions website: http://www.truevisio...kage.aspx?id=39 (Right Near the Bottom), you will see that will charge you for an additional service point 282.48 THB Per Month.

Edit: //

I have no idea 'bout the costs of Foodlovers HD Box, as I couldn't find it on the Truevision Website

Already found it: http://www.truevisionstv.com/hd_plus/overall_en.html

Edited by MJCM

Yes, 500 monthly for all premium hd channels. Now it has pvr as well with a slot for a hard drive and ethernet with their new platinum hd boxes. Phasing in new features i believe.jap.gif

FoodL, isn't that PVR something you have to buy from them ?

http://www.truevisio...vice.aspx?id=32

I have not enabled that feature. A pop up comes up whenever i accidentally push the button and says i have to call and register. If you find out how much it cost please let me know. Tried to look at the link but all in Thai.

Yes, 500 monthly for all premium hd channels. Now it has pvr as well with a slot for a hard drive and ethernet with their new platinum hd boxes. Phasing in new features i believe.jap.gif

I have not enabled that feature. A pop up comes up whenever i accidentally push the button and says i have to call and register. If you find out how much it cost please let me know. Tried to look at the link but all in Thai.

The change to English Language is well hidden, but it's almost at the bottom of the page to the right !

Edited by MJCM

The change to English Language is well hidden, but it's almost at the bottom of the page to the right !

Very well hidden. Just got off the phone about PVR. It is 99 baht a month and you must purchase a hard drive from them or computer shop for around 4000-5000 baht. I tried to use my western digital external but they said it has to have 2 connections. One to e sata and one to usb and must be 2.5 something another as i could barely understand her.

^there's already a thread running about the new PVR and external HDD requirements that would be useful for you to read.

Edit http://www.thaivisa....esata-harddisk/

and one for the OP http://www.thaivisa....ew-true-hd-box/

Thanks!cowboy.gif

Hi

Good topic and thanks,

I have information for you and the items you need to have the TV in the bedroom.

I had it done for me in my Condo.

I did not want to pay for one in each room

Truevision told me that I can get a person to drill the wires through to the bedroom,

and buy a device that will be used with the rf signal taped to the set top box

front, and with the remote I can change channels.

It worked better with the older boxes but the new HD boxes I have had to buy

another switching box that the installer got for me,

I paid him 1000 baht plus a tip.

Prior boxes I needed an IR300 which cost about 1000 baht installed for me,

and a booster signal device for another 1000 baht

Now one only needs to drill a whole through to the bedroom, and run a splitter white cable wire through the wall, Boost the signal and connect it to the device and from their to the bedroom tv.

connect the rf signal with tape to the main Set top box

It might sound complicated but with the devices, I can sell you what you need, I have advertised on Craigslist these items this week, since I hope to sell my condo and

in the process of cleaning it out as much as possible including the tv and other items.

It works but not as good as it did with the IR300 that really worked well .

This box I bought seems to have a little more difficulty switching channels.

The installer told us that these new HD boxes they are just learning how to do these

since they were new a few weeks ago.

Maybe now they know better.

So whoever needs the devices and can do the work themselves I can explain

and draw out or show them.

Or you can get the installer to do it for you and give him the devices.

Since I am selling at very low prices I do not plan on getting two rooms in my next place.

let me know or send me a private message.

Look at my original post. Problem solved for pennies and is set up in 2 minutes. rolleyes.gif

PS. No batteries, mains fed.

Transam Question.

With this equipment will you be able to independently change channels / watch different programs on the different TV sets ?

Or do you have to watch the same program on the connected TV sets ?

I guess it's the latter ?

Edit: // Spelling

Edited by MJCM

Look at my original post. Problem solved for pennies and is set up in 2 minutes. rolleyes.gif

Transam Question.

With this equipment will you be able to independently change channels / watch different programs on the different TV sets ?

Transam Question.

No, not independent, but my info was in response to the OP's dilemma. Cheap and easy. cowboy.gif

They quoted me 1000 baht installation, 2000 baht deposit(refundasble on return if you have it at lest 6 months), and 473.75 baht/month for the second box. The new HD box has the capability for hooking up two TVs as long as one of them uses the HD output. I use the HD output for the TV and the other audio output for my stereo system so that I can listen to music and turn the TV off. If the're back to back, I'd drill a hole in the wall and run the extra cable. You'd just have the inconvenience of having to change channels and volume in your sitting room.

They quoted me 1000 baht installation, 2000 baht deposit(refundasble on return if you have it at lest 6 months), and 473.75 baht/month for the second box. The new HD box has the capability for hooking up two TVs as long as one of them uses the HD output. I use the HD output for the TV and the other audio output for my stereo system so that I can listen to music and turn the TV off. If the're back to back, I'd drill a hole in the wall and run the extra cable. You'd just have the inconvenience of having to change channels and volume in your sitting room.

Also if they are back to back, the hole might already be there. There might be back to back electrical outlets and the threw the wall hole might already exist. I have stereo speakers in my workshop and use the hole for the back to back electrical outlets to run the wires.

Edited by wayned