Exiled Thaksin Inches Closer To Return To Thailand

george

Perhaps different areas to where I have been.

So, please tell us where you have been and how much time did you spend there? ..... the truth now mind.

My God man just look at where Thailand is having drought and go there. You obviously are living in the fertile plains. From what I saw was very opposite. The people became very mean spirited and would not share. Also saw this in Laos. Just human nature. When the going gets tough - it does not pay to be too generous - least you go hungry once in a while. People think people are nice because they are good hosts - truth is some can not afford to be good hosts. The world is not ideal. Some people were just born in bad agricultural areas.

An answer to a question not asked, methinks.

BTW the fertile plains have their own problems, like a wee bit of flooding. Last year hardly more than a meter or so for less than three months. Of course that's peanuts and not really a reason to get very mean spirited and not share. In fact the water was shared smile.png

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps different areas to where I have been.

So, please tell us where you have been and how much time did you spend there? ..... the truth now mind.

Is this I contest? Grow up brother! Pretty hard to beat 25 years 555. My God man just look at where Thailand is having drought and go there. You obviously are living in the fertile plains.

Nope, I live six hundred feet above sea level and much closer to reality, and if you want to call it a fertile plain then yes it is, never had a problem in this region growing rice, mangoes, bananas, coconuts, taptim, tamarind, pigs, chickens, buffalo etc .... just like most of the rest of the country.... drought my arse, Thailand get's enough rainfall per annum to make it right up there on the fertile scale. Mismanagement of water on the other hand....

You seems to have too many friends telling you things. Friends In Scotland, friends in Indonesia, friends in Thailand ! Stop listening to them!

I repeat myself and I am telling you for the last time the rural poor have not received the 300 baht minimum wage, nor will they for 18 months at least.

There is no humanity in Thaksins revolution. he has a goal, to get back 200 billion and to destroy everyone in his way and to firmly entrench his family dynasty on this nation. Remember where you heard it first eh! No ideological processes here. Move on mate you are going to be disappointed. get to Mynamar quick, your humanistic urges will be satisfied in abundance there, but not here in Thailand, no way. Thaksin is definitely the wrong horse to back for a people lover.

Edited by metisdead
Nonsense posts edited out of quoted posts.
  • Like 1

Yingluck's government pursues changes to the constitution and a reconciliation programme to strengthen democracy and heal rifts.

More drivel from theNation? Where's Tom when you need him tongue.png

Answer, not reading every thread on Thaksin... ;)

As for the quote :

There is no mention of this article coming from the nation, but the quality is on par with their usual reporting levels.

Although the use of real "quotations" puts it well above the levels of TANN

B)

I am of the belief that Taksin could never make it back here without being assassinated and he would know that. He will not be coming back to Thailand. Impossible. Do you think any Thai politician is not taking money under the table? Thai voters say they can accept this kind of corruption. Why bother trying to stop something if you can't? Perhaps they should have a rule for all Thai politicians that they can not accept more than 100 million in bribes a year. I know it would not work in reality - but there should be a way so as not to let it get out of hand and drive up prices for household goods. Perhaps it is not out of hand. Same with company donations to politicians in the West. Corruption is the natural state of the World. Corruption is everywhere. Do we protest that it should not exist when it is obvious that it does and is impossible to stop. Western corruption exists due to inflated government employee salaries - an official form of corruption. Here they pay the government employees very little and they make it up to the Western level in bribes. So equates to the same thing - people being paid more than they are worth due to their privileged position.

Edited by heiwa

I am of the belief that Taksin could never make it back here without being assassinated and he would know that. He will not be coming back to Thailand. Impossible. Do you think any Thai politician is not taking money under the table? Thai voters say they can accept this kind of corruption. Why bother trying to stop something if you can't? Perhaps they should have a rule for all Thai politicians that they can not accept more than 100 million in bribes a year. I know it would not work in reality - but there should be a way so as not to let it get out of hand and drive up prices for household goods. Perhaps it is not out of hand. Same with company donations to politicians in the West. Corruption is the natural state of the World. Corruption is everywhere. Do we protest that it should not exist when it is obvious that it does and is impossible to stop. Western corruption exists due to inflated government employee salaries - an official form of corruption. Here they pay the government employees very little and they make it up to the Western level in bribes. So equates to the same thing - people being paid more than they are worth due to their privileged position.

Cynical, but probably overwhelmingly true.....

The West and Thailand are exactly the same. Things are just arranged a little differently. It's just a matter of looking a little more closely at the structure. When you analyse it piece by piece it is the same. Perhaps Taksin got a bit carried away with corruption. Yet! I have heard that supermarkets in England with House of Lords privileges are able to influence retail policy and this is in part why there are very few small retailers left in England. Also in the USA big corporations able to influence government with corporate donations to cut out the small retail opposition. Perhaps not the same - just different styles of corruption. Makes me wonder why Taksin was impeached? Corruption is normal standard practice of all governments worldwide. Taksin did not play it smart. That was his mistake. He made it too obvious. In the West they make all the fabulous loop holes with no apparent connection to those who benefit. The 1% in the West know how to camoflauge. Taksin should have learnt a lesson from the West and he would never have been impeached.

As long as Thai politicians/government employees (hospital drug dealers) bank accounts and those of their friends and family and associates can not be monitored and judges can be bought Thailand will always be held to ransom for by Thaksin and any elite - whether that be the Red or Yellow elite. Just a difference in colour - not rank - and the rank of privilege$$$. Thai rak Thai - myth. Every pig first to the troth gets the lions share of the pizza. That's the culture around here.wai.gif They could also start banning those secret meetings (or not so secret) in hotels with billionaire businessmen. This red revolution, although I feel the supporters hearts were in the right place, as we all probably know is a lost cause. It's a case of who-ever is new will be the clone of Taksin - a red clone or a yellow clone - it don't make any difference.

As long as Thai politicians/government employees (hospital drug dealers) bank accounts and those of their friends and family and associates can not be monitored and judges can be bought Thailand will always be held to ransom for by Thaksin and any elite - whether that be the Red or Yellow elite. Just a difference in colour - not rank - and the rank of privilege$$$. Thai rak Thai - myth. Every pig first to the troth gets the lions share of the pizza. That's the culture around here.wai.gif They could also start banning those secret meetings (or not so secret) in hotels with billionaire businessmen. This red revolution, although I feel the supporters hearts were in the right place, as we all probably know is a lost cause. It's a case of who-ever is new will be the clone of Taksin - a red clone or a yellow clone - it don't make any difference.

At the moment, I don't disagree with any of your sentiments. Both sides of the political spectrum are far too allied to far too narrow business interests. So the little guy gets a bit more tomorrow, but the reality is that he will get screwed by both sides eventually. Red or Yellow, Dem or PTP, they all stink to high heaven.

Public service, my account number is ........

This is a business turf war to secure business for the next couple of decades.

Edited by Thai at Heart

At the moment, I don't disagree with any of your sentiments. Both sides of the political spectrum are far too allied to far too narrow business interests. So the little guy gets a bit more tomorrow, but the reality is that he will get screwed by both sides eventually. Red or Yellow, Dem or PTP, they all stink to high heaven.

I think the "little guy gets a bit more tomorrow, but the reality is that he will get screwed by both sides eventually" should be something like "little guy gets a bit more tomorrow, but the reality is that he continues to get screwed by both sides". Personally I think that to be more accurate.

I think the "little guy gets a bit more tomorrow, but the reality is that he will get screwed by both sides eventually" should be something like "little guy gets a bit more tomorrow, but the reality is that he continues to get screwed by both sides". Personally I think that to be more accurate.

Very well said - you are a genius - business turf war in a nutshell - that about sums it up. But on a far grander scale than how they vie for the stalls outside the 711s all over Thailand. The Reds or Yellows are not mere amateurs. Yep, the 300 baht wage promise is like the election bribe to secure the turf. Only the 300 baht offer is legal. The Yellows will offer 400 baht at the next election. Nice to be able to pin-point a structure of a society and how it works. Sounds scary and ominous. Let's hope Thailand does not disintergrate in a mad lustful greed punch up for the business turf (well that's already happened - with the 100 odd dead) And its far from over. Have seen this get very nasty in Klong Toey when they moved the turf holders out - guys in black masks visited the stall holders and what they did wasn't pretty. I guess the Red and Yellows is just the alleged hi so civilised way of doing the same thing. Edited by heiwa

Now then, some photo links:

Red Shirts wearing red shirts in Laos...to the amusement of Lao police with AK-47's:

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/red-shirt-supporter-wearing-t-shirt-former-thai-photo-065717112.html

A red shirt supporter wearing a t-shirt of former Thai prime minister, Thaksin Shinawatra, waits for Thaksin during a merit-making ceremony at a temple in Vientiane, capital of Laos April 12, 2012.

Megaphone mouthing:

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/former-thai-pm-thaksin-speaks-supporters-during-merit-photo-071723376.html

Former Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra speaks to supporters during a merit-making ceremony at a temple in Vientiane, capital of Laos, April 12, 2012.

The messiah emerges... albeit sweaty:

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/former-thai-prime-minister-thaksin-shinawatra-walks-merit-photo-063349654.html

Former Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra walks out of a merit-making ceremony at a temple in Vientiane, capital of Laos, April 12, 2012.

Wining and dining with the elite:

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/former-thai-prime-minister-thaksin-shinawatra-talks-members-photo-132145875.html

Former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra talks to members of the business community over a glass of wine at a hotel in Vientiane, capital of Laos, April 11, 2012.

Double image of a double talker

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/former-thai-prime-minister-thaksin-shinawatra-talks-reporters-photo-144550045.html

Former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra talks to reporters at a hotel in Vientiane, capital of Laos April 11, 2012.

This 300 baht wage was definitely due to Taksin

I agree that the 300B/day immediate & universal minimum-wage was a cornerstone of the PTP pre-election platform, and we're all familiar with the claim that "Thaksin Thinks, Pheu Thai Acts", so you can perhaps claim the credit for the policy, on his behalf.

And it remained PTP official-policy for at least a couple of weeks after the election.

But then someone changed their mind, and said that only 7 (out of 77) provinces would get the new minimum-wage, and lo ! PTP official-policy changed.

Do you recall who it was, that decided and announced that change, which robbed the vast-majority of the Thai poor of their promised increase, and which had helped win the election for PTP ?

Not the evil Dems, not the amart or coupist-villains, not PTP or soon-to-be PM-Yingluck, but Thaksin, changing his mind in Dubai.

Do you not understand how many farangs therefore see him, as somewhat-less than the 'hero of the poor', which some would have us believe ?

Do you recall the assassination attempt when his plane was bombed before he boarded the plane. Of course he has a private jet - there are some elite yellow brigade mussolini dictatorship types who would love to see him assassinated. He and his supporters brought democrcacy to Thailand thorugh the electoral system by standing up to the army and its coups. This guy will go down in history as one of the worlds greatest heroes in modern history.

No, but I do recall that the subsequent investigation of the fire by the US's NTSB & FBI found no evidence of a bomb, and eventually concluded that fuel-fumes in the aircraft's empty centre wing tank had exploded, the FAA & Boeing eventually issued guidelines that aircraft with empty tanks should not run their air-con for too long, due to the risk.

Similar accidents had also occurred with a Phillipine Airlines B737 and a TWA B747.

Of course Thaksin had initially jumped to the conclusion, that he was being targeted personally, however this turned out merely to be normal paranoia. cool.png

Edit to add : sorry, hadn't seen that this point had already been corrected by other posters as well, perhaps Heiwa will shortly accept his mistake, on this point ?

Bump ... do you now accept that you were wrong yesterday, when you said "his plane was bombed before he boarded" ? Or are the rest of us imagining the NTSB & FBI investigations ? cool.png

1,000 people I thought there was supposed to be in the ten's of thousands, I guess they didn't do to well with every thing he gave them,

Probably he had only small pocket money to pay for only 1000 " supporters "...or maybe were already to drunk from celebrating Songkran

and got lost on the way...555

No. Those were the number allowed iby the Laotian government to meet with Thaksin.

That's also the number that crossed over the border in buses. A lot less than expected.

In the other paper this morning is an article detailing how Thaksin's birthday, July 26, is the targeted date for his return to Thailand. .

Thanks fot the photo links. I have to say it just looks like Thaksin is in attendance at other things! It does not look like a reception for him at the hotel and most people appear to be visiting the Wat than going to see him, and the red supporter is typical of the masses who went to BKK, an elderly female in need of some pocket money! Its sad how all the poor are being exploited by this guy.

I bet you admire Mao and his 'Cultural revolution' too, don't you?

The Cultural Revolution as much as I abhor it laid the foundation for China today. Unfortunately, one cannot make an omelette without breaking a few eggs. My family lost everything after the revolution and the family patriarch was incarcerated for being a british "counter revolutionary". I am fully aware of the suffering and pain many endured. However, today, China is a super power because of that phase of the nation's development.

Sorry, I don't buy it.

Amazing all those dead amounts to a few broken eggs for progress. Pathetic.

Seems many other places didn't need that great leap forward to be BEYOND China.

The US Civil War destroyed 2 generations of Americans.

The multiple revolutions of England

The 30 years war, considered the most destructive war in the history of Germany.

The Mexican Revolution

The Canadian rebellion that laid the foundation for a modern nation that removed of the family compact (think of Thailand)

And countless internal civil wars and uprisings.

One cannot pick and choose and say just because the commies in China behaved like Europeans that the Chinese Cultural revolution was any worse that what occurred in farang lands. As I stated, it was bad, sHowever, like the far worse barbaric slaughters in farang land, something better eventually rose out of the ashes of destruction. I am well aware of what went on in China as my family suffered. Do I hate the Chinese for the beatings and imprisonment of my family? No. Do I blame the Chinese for the loss of assets and the expulsion of my family for being white europeans? No. It was all part of a nation's growth. The fact that the Chinese did this later than others was only because of the colonialisation of the country.

That's also the number that crossed over the border in buses. A lot less than expected.

Unlike farangs who seem to think that they do not have to comply with immigration directives, the Thais paid heed to the Laotian government's strict conditions on how many people would be allowed into Laos. What did you want the Thais to do? pretend they were farangs and just push their way in?

Unlike farangs who seem to think that they do not have to comply with immigration directives, the Thais paid heed to the Laotian government's strict conditions on how many people would be allowed into Laos. What did you want the Thais to do? pretend they were farangs and just push their way in?

Oh puleeeeezzzzzzzz Geriatrikid, give the apologist stuff a break. Scores of busses were prepared and remained empty. You are quoting more misinformation designed to cover up for the fact that nobody could be arsed to go and see the guy. All these threads on TV are giving farangs a really skewed idea of how popular Thaksin is, it seems the truth is the Thais don't give a s**t.

When did the Laos government say that they couldn't go to Laos?

In the other paper this morning is an article detailing how Thaksin's birthday, July 26, is the targeted date for his return to Thailand.

We won't know when the Poison Dwarf will be coming.....we will be told after he gets here and is in the 'protective' care of a Government agency.

Come on g'kid, you can do better than this nonsense excuse.

Oh puleeeeezzzzzzzz Geriatrikid, give the apologist stuff a break. Scores of busses were prepared and remained empty. You are quoting more misinformation designed to cover up for the fact that nobody could be arsed to go and see the guy. All these threads on TV are giving farangs a really skewed idea of how popular Thaksin is, it seems the truth is the Thais don't give a s**t.

And no doubt some percentage of them would have been paid to attend.

I don't believe that large numbers (tens of thousands) would have the spare funds to pay for this 'fun' trip themselves.

1,000 people I thought there was supposed to be in the ten's of thousands, I guess they didn't do to well with every thing he gave them,

Probably he had only small pocket money to pay for only 1000 " supporters "...or maybe were already to drunk from celebrating Songkran

and got lost on the way...555

No. Those were the number allowed iby the Laotian government to meet with Thaksin.

So that was the reason. And with your inside knowledge of everything you can, of course, back your statement with some proof that the Lao governmen stopped people at the different border passes once the 1000 number was reached? And you can also explain why Lao would care one way or the other how many misfits would go there to spend money and listen to a complete moron? Not to mention thief and fugitive criminal.

His investments and holdings generate revenues and with revenues come taxes. Using chartered or fractional ownership aircraft qualifies as a business expense and is deductable, allowing business people, celebrities, and professional athletes to pay for private jet usage with pretax dollars. If they don't spend money on deductable expenses they have to give that money to the government in taxes. What would you do?

While interesting, your post is based on the supposition that he pays taxes - shaky ground at best.

• Like 1