Seeking To Buy Or Rent A Small Resort In Chiang Mai

DLock

I realize this is an odd post but thought it was worth a shot that someone in Chiang Mai knows of a small resort for rent or sale.

Ideally I'm looking for 30+ private rooms with common restaurant and pool and reasonably remote.

Any resort that is looking to sell or lease is probably underperforming or needs an overhaul. I'm not looking for a performing, high occupancy property. In fact, I'm looking for the opposite.

If anyone knows a place, or has seen a place that may fit, I'd appreciate the heads up.

Mods, please do not put in classifieds as I'm looking for local knowledge.

I know of one in Petchabun, not Chiang Mai, but I'd think all Thai resorts probably under-performing and For Sale.

Thanks Kaptain. At this stage Chiang Mai is where I am interested, but if that fails, I may come back to you.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Kao Mai Lanna? Out in Hangdog, it's beautiful. It was an old tobacco plantation and they converted the drying rooms into bungalows.

Excellent food as well.

nice...very nice...what's the price tag on this baby please?

Kao Mai Lanna? Out in Hangdog, it's beautiful. It was an old tobacco plantation and they converted the drying rooms into bungalows.

Excellent food as well.

nice...very nice...what's the price tag on this baby please?

Please conduct prices off this board. Send a PM. Thank you.

There was a small resort just outside Ban Wang Tan on the Chiang Mai/Hang Dong Road. The name was Field Village I believe. Not sure if it is still for sale, but I don't think it is being used.

MSPain

I don't think their web site is up any more. I found this reference with some pictures..

http://www.hotels2thailand.com/chiang-mai-hotels/The-Field-Village-Resort-Chiang-Mai.asp

Edited by hml367

I wonder if it's isn't easier and cheaper (and better meets requirements) to just get some land and build some small resort bungalows.. They don't cost much to build. ( I do have some scenic land available not too far out of town. But then so does almost everyone else on the forum. )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

http://www.kaomailanna.com/

Excellent food as well.

BA, do you know specifically that the Owners are looking to lease or sell?

Or you just commenting that it is a lovely resort...and I agree, it looks fantastic.

If you know if it is available, I will be down there to visit them.

There was a small resort just outside Ban Wang Tan on the Chiang Mai/Hang Dong Road. The name was Field Village I believe. Not sure if it is still for sale, but I don't think it is being used.

MSPain

I don't think their web site is up any more. I found this reference with some pictures..

http://www.hotels2th...-Chiang-Mai.asp

Thanks for that. Bit small with only 10 rooms, but was certainly in the right direction.

The link did bring up hundreds of other Chiang Mai hotels, so that was helpful.

I wonder if it's isn't easier and cheaper (and better meets requirements) to just get some land and build some small resort bungalows.. They don't cost much to build. ( I do have some scenic land available not too far out of town. But then so does almost everyone else on the forum. )

Winnie, ideally thats what we prefer to do as we can build it exactly how we want it to be. An existing resort usually has compromises and we generally have to do quite a bit of improvements and additions to make it suitable for our needs.

In the short term we prefer to lease for a year or 2 with the option to buy. That gives us the time to decide if the resort is worth buying, or building in parallel.

Thanks.