Advise Buying A Second Hand Motorcyle In Thailand

vortex

Hello, i live in bangkok and i am planing to buy a used motorcycle. Actually i am interested about the kawasaki ninja 250R. (The motorbike price in thailand is around 90,000THB to 110,000THB which is fair).

i have already read in some forums and websites about buying a used motorcycle in thailand and i was really surprised "it's a very expensive deal"

First of all the green book price is about 60,000 THB in addition to buying a licensed plate it's for 50,000 - 70,000THB it depends on the motorbike engine.

please advise since i got really confused about that.

Thank you in advance.

It's expensive and problematic if the bike was imported into Thailand and doesn't have a greenbook.

All Ninja 250 have greenbooks, so just pay for the bike and a small registration/transfer fee

P.S, there is a nice green/white model for sale at the dealership on soi 146 ramkhemheang

http://www.facebook....69276962&type=1

Edited by karlos

karlos i really appreciate your prompt reply and the provided information as well. i have checked the link it's awesome even i have always prefered the full green one's :P but i will contact him tomorrow morning and discuss about it.

thank you .

karlos i really appreciate your prompt reply and the provided information as well. i have checked the link it's awesome even i have always prefered the full green one's tongue.png but i will contact him tomorrow morning and discuss about it.

thank you .

I'm just around the corner and know the owner and GM pretty well, if you decide to go and take a look let me know and i'll pop over :)

that sounds cool man. i will keep you updated for sure. in all cases, am just wondering you could help me buying one later on.

may i have your contact number please or msn / skype if possible.

thxx again

Karlos i have called them today they said that someone has already booked the motorbike but he didn't pay money yet so they promised to call me back if the guy didn't pay money until tomorrow noon.

btw i have provided them with my phone number thus they would call me whenever they have availability of a full green one as well.

Karlos i have called them today they said that someone has already booked the motorbike but he didn't pay money yet so they promised to call me back if the guy didn't pay money until tomorrow noon.

btw i have provided them with my phone number thus they would call me whenever they have availability of a full green one as well.

I will be there at 11:00 tomorrow morning to have 2012 Ninja 650 serviced. I'll ask about the 250 for you. it's quite rare they get second hand bikes, but as the years pass by i'm sure more and more will start popping up at the dealership :)