Anyone Recomment A Good Seat Shop In Bkk ?

the last owner of my versys i think got the seat customised by taking out some foam to make it a little lower and narrower

so his feet could touch the ground

i think he has made it worse than stock because when your sitting on the bike the lack of padding in the front

makes you slide downwards so your balls are squashed against the tank worse than the stock seat

i need a seat shop that can add more foam to make the seat wider and a little higher

i live beside kawasaki .rama 9 HQ in bkk

anyone know a shop that could do a decent job on the cheap ?

This is about as good as you'll find here and just about anywhere in SE Asia, pricey, but custom and top quality work http://www.bananaspe...seat-cover.html

Or for around 500-1000baht you should be able to find shops in most big villages / soi's

There's a couple at the end of Ramkhemheang Road (minburi end)

http://www.bananaspeedthailand.com/luimoto-seat-cover.html?cat=56

they have every kwacker seat except the versys ,anyway a cheap fix will do me fine

im hoping i can find some place that remove the leather/vinyl ,put in a bit more foam and staple it on again

the 500-1000 price is what im lookig for ,il watch out for seat shops as im cruising around

i have seen some somewhere ,but cant remember where exactly .....

Sukhumvit 71 on the corner of pidi/soi 27 or 29. It's about 10 mins from your location (by bike). They make all kinds of seats there. i had a seat made there a couple of years ago for a scooter and the cost was around 500Baht. I'm sure they can help you out.

I've always been very happy with the seat guru at Toon Suttisan, which is walking distance from Kawasaki Rama 9

From Kawa Rama 9 walk to the intersection of Rama 9 and Ratchadapisek. The shop is on the left side about ~50 meters past the intersection.

Quality work and CHEAP! thumbsup.gif

Ride On!

Tony

I've always been very happy with the seat guru at Toon Suttisan, which is walking distance from Kawasaki Rama 9

From Kawa Rama 9 walk to the intersection of Rama 9 and Ratchadapisek. The shop is on the left side about ~50 meters past the intersection.

Ride On!

Tony

when you get to the intersection ,do you turn left ? right ? or go straight on down dinDeang rd ?

i took a spin about and couldnt find the find the place

i found a seat shop about 50 m past the intersection but they work exclusively on pcx's

the guy said no as soon as he heard it was a Kawa V and drew me a map for a seat shop

in another area about 5 miles away

is it possible that guy has moved his shop ? or did we just not find it ? i even had a thai person

on the back and we drove around asking and still couldnt find it

Ride On!

Tony

when you get to the intersection ,do you turn left ? right ? or go straight on down dinDeang rd ?

i found a seat shop about 50 m past the intersection but they work exclusively on pcx's

the guy said no as soon as he heard it was a Kawa V and drew me a map for a seat shop

is it possible that guy has moved his shop ? or did we just not find it ? i even had a thai person

I suppose it's possible they moved or weren't open on the day you went looking. Name of the shop is TOON SUTHISAN and if your coming from Kawasaki Rama 9 you go STRAIGHT past the Rama 9 - Ratchadapisek intersection and they're about 50 meters past the intersection on the left (south) side. I know some other good seat shops, but they're in places that are a bit hard to find. There are seat shops all over Bangkok, I don't think it should be terribly hard to find one that can do quality work. Best of luck! Tony

Ride On!

Tony

I suppose it's possible they moved or weren't open on the day you went looking. Name of the shop is TOON SUTHISAN and if your coming from Kawasaki Rama 9 you go STRAIGHT past the Rama 9 - Ratchadapisek intersection and they're about 50 meters past the intersection on the left (south) side. I know some other good seat shops, but they're in places that are a bit hard to find. There are seat shops all over Bangkok, I don't think it should be terribly hard to find one that can do quality work. Best of luck! Tony

thats exactly the place i was at ,staright through the intersection about 50m on the left

il have another look on satirday and if not il go to the one on suttisan soi 22 that the guy recommeded who does the PCX seats and bodykits

thanks for the directions !

Toon has moved to another shop on Intamara Soi 21.

I got my old bike done at his shop by Rama 9 a few years ago. Four months ago with a new bike they sent me to his new shop where I got it done.

Map.

thnks guys ,got a new seat made there ,very comfortable to sit on that day,really thick soft foam was used (2-3" of it ) , covered in perforated leather material ,700 thb total (there was a cheaper option available for 500 but for an extra 200b the one i picked looked better on the bike )

after using for a couple of days i found it was still a bit too slanted downwards towards to tank ( it was my fault ,i didnt test it properly the 1st time ) so i went back in and they fixed it again by reshaping the foam wider but flatter so i dont slide into the tank every time i use the brakes anymore

they charged 300 thb for the second re-build and now the seat is PERFECT ,even on sharp braking ,i dont slide on to the petrol tank ,the new seat keeps me in the correct position ,HAPPY DAYS :)

• Like 1