State Of Play In Your Relationship.

Your current relationship status.  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

<snip> there are a fair few though that couldn't justify themselves in front of a mirror.

I'll stick to interacting with the first category, those excellent, erudite, humorous and intelligent members that make this site a pleasure. The mirror dodgers are beyond help.

<snip>

Are you selling those mirrors again ... giggle.gif

BTW the XXXL one you sold me looks great in the living room, but seems to have a distorting effect on my body shape when I view it in profile (side-on).

post-104736-0-43203700-1336374372_thumb.

Mirror, Mirror on the wall ... do you distort my shape because I'm not tall?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<snip> there are a fair few though that couldn't justify themselves in front of a mirror.

I'll stick to interacting with the first category, those excellent, erudite, humorous and intelligent members that make this site a pleasure. The mirror dodgers are beyond help.

<snip>

Are you selling those mirrors again ... giggle.gif

BTW the XXXL one you sold me looks great in the living room, but seems to have a distorting effect on my body shape when I view it in profile (side-on).

post-104736-0-43203700-1336374372_thumb.

Mirror, Mirror on the wall ... do you distort my shape because I'm not tall?

Lost a bit of weight there David I see, dying your hair as well................

Sorry Blether, I didn't actually see where the guy was attacking you, my question was about the amount of choices being maybe too much for any definite conclusions to be reached. I certainly wasn't attacking your personal space.

No probs prefabs, I wasn't having a go at you. Exsexyman played the man, not the topic. I rarely play the man, it's not my style. Members familiar with me know I can range from the stupid to the profound. When I lose the ability to be stupid, shoot me.

I think we have spent enough time discussing that non-entity. I'll be returning to the poll topic on my next post.

@david48, yes I can see that mirror makes you look slimmer.

An excellent poll here. How meaningful are the results is open to debate, and as it has been said, the discussion may only help the curious. But wouldn't it be interesting to have a greater set of respondents, and a more accurate representation of life here?

For example, I am assuming most respondents are male, are non Thai, and are partnered with a Thai national.

What about the 'marriages' that are from the same cultural/national backgrounds? How have they responded? Are they the only ones that have ticked the rock solid relationship box? And what about those that have partners that are 100% dependant on them financially; is it fair to assume that this is a younger thai woman with an older non-thai man?

I think there are a lot of assumptions - and myths - about mixed relationships in this country. I would love to see some of them dispelled. Like ..... is it a myth that on average, a young thai woman is only with an older farang because of his money and that that relationship is doomed to failure? Or are there loads of marriages based on these differences that have weathered the test of time? The result of this poll indicate there are a large number of rock solid relationships, but we can't tell if they are mixed marriages, or not, nor can we tell what role finance plays in it.

Like I say, an excellent poll and I would love to see more detailed - and more extensive - research. No idea if this would ever be possible. But I would love to know if the pre-conceived ideas that so many people have about farangs in Thailand are indeed actually true. Or not.biggrin.png

Thanks very much. I would have asked more questions however there is a limit to three each poll.

I have it in mind to do a couple of follow up polls so that we can get a wider picture. I'll keep in mind your suggestions and points, as well as any others that may be made while this poll is running.

We might end up with poll fatigue though :-)

I think the poll is already interesting reading for many, shocking reading for some.

Quote: "I have a hunch that a lot of members who are in long term successful relationships here in Thailand read the battle zone threads in amazement then move on, without participating." End quote.

Pretty much sums it up..:) See Ya !

Quote: "I have a hunch that a lot of members who are in long term successful relationships here in Thailand read the battle zone threads in amazement then move on, without participating." End quote.

Pretty much sums it up..smile.png See Ya !

Long term (time) usually being interpreted as more than 30 minutes. In some extreme cases even overnight.

Thank

Pretty much sums it up..smile.png See Ya !

Long term (time) usually being interpreted as more than 30 minutes. In some extreme cases even overnight.

Thank the lord for shallow ppl like u Kerry ;)

I agree with those who suspect age plays an important role, along with ones financial situation. I have always felt that our 20 year age difference is a major plus. My experience and wisdom form the bedrock of the relationship, while her youth and beauty brings energy and vitality to what might otherwise be a boring old rock.

I was never desirous of a woman to provide me with money or offspring. I have enough of one and no desire for the other. I have found that a degree of vulnerability and dependence can work to the benefit of both parties and can help to bring about a synergy of sorts.

Having nothing invested and one foot out the door doesn’t bode well for a lasting relationship. I grew up in an academic family where my father worked and my mother raised the kids and did volunteer work. So for me it does not seem strange that I would be expected to support my wife.

I would argue that many get in trouble not because of age or money but because of a simple inability to communicate in any meaningful way. Ignorance in a relationship is not bliss and projecting onto another, what or who you think they are, is like stepping into a busy intersection with your eyes closed. You may not get run over, but it is only dumb luck if you don’t.

Very good points - communication is key

I see so many Farang-Thai couples in the street here that don't talk to each other

I agree with those who suspect age plays an important role, along with ones financial situation. I have always felt that our 20 year age difference is a major plus. My experience and wisdom form the bedrock of the relationship, while her youth and beauty brings energy and vitality to what might otherwise be a boring old rock.

I was never desirous of a woman to provide me with money or offspring. I have enough of one and no desire for the other. I have found that a degree of vulnerability and dependence can work to the benefit of both parties and can help to bring about a synergy of sorts.

Having nothing invested and one foot out the door doesn’t bode well for a lasting relationship. I grew up in an academic family where my father worked and my mother raised the kids and did volunteer work. So for me it does not seem strange that I would be expected to support my wife.

I would argue that many get in trouble not because of age or money but because of a simple inability to communicate in any meaningful way. Ignorance in a relationship is not bliss and projecting onto another, what or who you think they are, is like stepping into a busy intersection with your eyes closed. You may not get run over, but it is only dumb luck if you don’t.

I see so many Farang-Thai couples in the street here that don't talk to each other

Every time I mention on Thai Visa that Farang should speak Thai because of the women I get bashed over the head by other posters who know better.

Every time I mention on Thai Visa that Farang should speak Thai because of the women I get bashed over the head by other posters who know better.

I think they are just jealous of you kerry

The information coming through on the poll is very interesting.......and unexpected.

...taps fingersrolleyes.gif and....

...........and we will wait patiently before we dissect said information tongue.png

I reckon once we get to two hundred responses we can get started. Exciting stuff!!! i can't wait!!! biggrin.png

• Like 1

i still feel we need a category for the in between kinda undefinable by conventional standards type relationships

it could be titled : I like Pussy but commitment is not for me category

or : yes ,if that brush is good enough to tar IanForbes, tar me with it also .....category :D

i still feel we need a category for the in between kinda undefinable by conventional standards type relationships

it could be titled : I like Pussy but commitment is not for me category

or : yes ,if that brush is good enough to tar IanForbes, tar me with it also .....category biggrin.png

I think that's called............single. dry.png

To be fair though Mr Forbes certainly fitted the description you have put forward. maybe you can be his reincarnation, we could be doing with a few photos biggrin.png

Well you have 198 votes ... I'll get MissFarmGirl to put her fish down for a moment and make that 199.

Heck, hope she votes the same as me ... would be funny to find that she was already married ... ermm.gif

Here you are honey ... I do for you.

I check and am #199

Is there prize?

I think you won second prize, you could have had theblether biggrin.png

By the way David, I didn't realize that was your Mrs blink.png

Cough ... neither did I ... ermm.gif

I just thought she was the local Fish monger.

Edited by David48

Here you are honey ... I do for you.

I check and am #199

Is there prize?

I think you won second prize, you could have had theblether biggrin.png

By the way David, I didn't realize that was your Mrs blink.png

Cough ... neither did I.

I just thought she was the local Fish monger.

biggrin.png I think you will pay for that whistling.gif

8th May 2012, 14.00 hours ( that's me being posh and accurate ) the discussion topics are now in play based upon the current votes. I'll leave this topic to run so that anyone else that wishes to do so can vote.