Tot Fiber Service Router Issue

I made a web page to try and explain my problem:

http://davesguitarpl...uter-issue.html

Basically, I want to configure a device to connect to the internet, then just pass an IP to another router (Apple Airport Extreme), which will then do DHCP, etc., and work well in our Mac-based shop.

Any help would be appreciated. In fact, if you, or someone you know, understands these issues well and can work with me to resolve them in the best way possible, I may be willing to pay them for their services.

Thx

It appears to be a bidirectional fiber setup with dual band optics. Interesting the fiber/ethernet converter has TX and RX on it but apparently a single fiber connection.

Seems a bit complex, but what ever is needed. It would be just as easy to use the 1921 and connect the AEBS to it. The Cisco has more power and capability than the other devices.

How was the setup delivered with configuration? Fiber to the converter, then from the converter via ethernet cable to the 1921 then to the Buffalo then to the switch? Any idea what IPs are used at the 1921 and Buffalo?

Do you know what IPs are available to you? Access to the Buffalo would be helpful.

The AEBS is very flexible. If the Buffalo has wifi, the MACs should be able to use it. If not, the AEBS should work as a bridge to pass wifi to the MACs.

I have a APExpress that I use for remote extension of ether cable to my DVD/Streaming box and printer via wifi. It acts as a bridge rather than a router. You'd be using he AEBS in the opposite direction (Cable to wifi), but still a bridge device. I can also play my MBP through the stereo via the APExpress.

Edited by rakman

It appears to be a bidirectional fiber setup with dual band optics. Interesting the fiber/ethernet converter has TX and RX on it but apparently a single fiber connection.

Seems a bit complex, but what ever is needed. It would be just as easy to use the 1921 and connect the AEBS to it. The Cisco has more power and capability than the other devices.

How was the setup delivered with configuration? Fiber to the converter, then from the converter via ethernet cable to the 1921 then to the Buffalo then to the switch? Any idea what IPs are used at the 1921 and Buffalo?

Do you know what IPs are available to you? Access to the Buffalo would be helpful.

The AEBS is very flexible. If the Buffalo has wifi, the MACs should be able to use it. If not, the AEBS should work as a bridge to pass wifi to the MACs.

I have a APExpress that I use for remote extension of ether cable to my DVD/Streaming box and printer via wifi. It acts as a bridge rather than a router. You'd be using he AEBS in the opposite direction (Cable to wifi), but still a bridge device. I can also play my MBP through the stereo via the APExpress.

Sounds like you know a lot--thanks. Yesterday evening I went to Fortune Town IT Mall to Everbest/Fiber House router/fiber shop and spoke with an older man named Lyndon who was quite good at English. He even called TOT for me. Long story, but one of his employees is coming down here to Samut Sakon (45min south of BKK), to try and get to the bottom of this.

Would it be possible to give you a call? Best scenario would be, yes, to connect the AEBS directly to the big Cisco router. The reason for the whole trouble is TOT won't/can't give me the password to the Buffalo router. Because of that, I don't know how it's configured.

Subscript: The (former) employee of the shop in F.T. came over and we managed to connect the AEBS directly to the big Cisco router. A Thai who knew quite a bit of English and also quite a bit about networking, he called TOT, the the contractor who had actually done the installation. The contractor was able to peer into the Cisco router from their office to figure out the Airstation's settings. Whew!