Thailand Needs Cricket

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hard to forget that one.

I can remember sitting in the old (now demolished) Sheridan stand at the SCG and chanting 'Lillee, Lillee with my mate and father: slapping our rubber thongs against the esky lid.

Not long after that, 1978ish I was sitting on a pile of bricks (for what would be the Brewongle stand) watching the first day night game at the SCG. Dad had decided after work that we would take the train in and watch it. There were no seats left and we made do with what we could.

I remember Lenny Pascoe and Dougie Walters that night, as well as a pile of white bricks as a seat, and not much else.

Exciting days indeed.

hard to forget that one.

I can remember sitting in the old (now demolished) Sheridan stand at the SCG and chanting 'Lillee, Lillee with my mate and father: slapping our rubber thongs against the esky lid.

Not long after that, 1978ish I was sitting on a pile of bricks (for what would be the Brewongle stand) watching the first day night game at the SCG. Dad had decided after work that we would take the train in and watch it. There were no seats left and we made do with what we could.

I remember Lenny Pascoe and Dougie Walters that night, as well as a pile of white bricks as a seat, and not much else.

Exciting days indeed.

Was Derrick Randlall playing in that match? I remember aussie crowd chants of " Aye,Aye,Aye.Aye Randalls a wanke_r ". Edited by Ron19

hard to forget that one.

Exciting days indeed.

Was Derrick Randlall playing in that match? I remember aussie crowd chants of " Aye,Aye,Aye.Aye Randalls a wanke_r ".

I remember a few of those taunts!

The match I saw was West Indies V Australia. here is the team:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/worldseries/engine/match/322581.html

hard to forget that one.

Exciting days indeed.

Was Derrick Randlall playing in that match? I remember aussie crowd chants of " Aye,Aye,Aye.Aye Randalls a wanke_r ".

I remember a few of those taunts!

The match I saw was West Indies V Australia. here is the team:

http://www.espncrici...tch/322581.html

Will have to make a copy of this thread so that in 30yrs time we can all do some reminiscing re the "Thailand Needs Cricket" team and it's achievements......wink.png

In reply to Kevjohn post #4050.

Will have to make a copy of this thread so that in 30yrs time we can all do some reminiscing re the "Thailand Needs Cricket" team and it's achievements......wink.png

If I make it for another thirty years i'll have done well and be happy about it.Only two more years to the big one.partytime2.gif

In reply to Kevjohn post #4050.

If I make it for another thirty years i'll have done well and be happy about it.Only two more years to the big one.partytime2.gif

Now that I've hit 65 I'm going to celebrate, every year now, as if it's the last. Good fun. Wife tells me I've got another 40 to go and, being Thai, she is always right.

Why bother it will still be here and by then will be the largest thread in Thai Visa. only about 400 to go to be number 9 now.

After another 30 years it could be the one and only thread on Thaivisa.

Why bother it will still be here and by then will be the largest thread in Thai Visa. only about 400 to go to be number 9 now.

But what will the game of cricket be like in 30 years time, if it survives at all?!?

Now we have this 20/20 hit and giggle monstosity, complete with dancing girls and shooting flames. The centre of the cricket universe has shifted to the sub-continent, making it easy for the cons who run the game and control the money.

Poor old W G Grace would be turning in his grave.

But what will the game of cricket be like in 30 years time, if it survives at all?!?

Now we have this 20/20 hit and giggle monstosity, complete with dancing girls and shooting flames. The centre of the cricket universe has shifted to the sub-continent, making it easy for the cons who run the game and control the money.

Poor old W G Grace would be turning in his grave.

By then the centre of the Cricket will have changed to Thailand with the Thailand Needs Cricket (Two Knees) Cricket Team....Our home grown cheerleaders will put tje Bollywood ones for shame.....and at least we can fit two of them on our knees.

Top ten Sledges in test cricket.

1) Rodney Marsh (Australia) and Ian Botham (England)

Rodney Marsh to Ian Botham in an Ashes match: “So how’s your wife and my kids?” Ian Botham’s reply – “The wife’s fine. The kids are retarded !”

2) Javed Miandad (Pakistan) and Merv Hughes (Australia)

Javed Miandad called Hughes a fat bus conductor during a match. A few balls later, Hughes dismissed Miandad. “Tickets please,” said Huges, as he ran past the departing batsman.

3) Glenn McGrath (Ausrtralia) and Ramnaresh Sarwan (West Indies)

McGrath to Ramnaresh Sarwan: “So what does Brian Lara’s di*k taste like?”Sarwan: “I don’t know. Ask your wife.

McGrath (lost his cool): “If you ever F**king mention my wife again, I’ll F**king rip your F**ing throat out.”

4) Douglas Jardine (England) and Bill Woodfull (Australia)

England player Jardine complained that one of the Australian players called him a bastard. Australian captain Bill Woodfull turns to his team, points to Jardine and asked “Which one of you bastards called this bastard a bastard?”

5) Mark Waugh (Australia) and Adam Parore (New Zealand)

Mark Waugh standing at second slip, Adam Parore played & missed the first ball. Mark – “Ohh, I remember you from a couple years ago in Australia. You were shit then, you’re ••••••• useless now”. Parore- (Turning around) “Yeah, that’s me & when I was there you were going out with that old, ugly slut & now I hear you’ve married her. You dumb ••••”.

6) Steve Waugh (Australia) and Parthiv Patel (India)

When Steve came (Steve’s last test match) to bat, Parthiv said, “Come on, just one more of the famous slog-sweeps before you finish” Steve-”Respect Me…for when i made my test debut You were still in your nappies”.

7) Glen McGrath (Australia) and Eddo Brandes (Zimbabwe)

Aussie paceman Glenn McGrath was bowling to Zimbabwe number 11 Eddo Brandes – who was just missing each ball. McGrath, frustrated, went to him and inquired: “Why are you so fat?”Quick as a flash, Brandes replied, “Because every time I make love to your wife, she gives me a biscuit.”

8) Ravi Shastri (India) and Mike Whitney (Australia)

Shastri hits the ball towards Mike Whitney (the 12th man in the game) and looked for a single. Whitney said, “If you leave the crease i’ll break your f***ing head”. Without battling an eyelid, Shastri retorted, “If you could bat as well as you can talk you wouldn’t be the f***ing 12th man”.

9) Sunil Gavaskar (India) and Viv Richards (West Indies)

To ease the pressure on himself, Sunil Gavaskar had decided to come lower down the order and bat at No 4 for that particular match. But, Malcolm Marshall fired out Anshuman Gaekwad and Dilip Vengsarkar for ducks, setting the stage for Gavaskar to walk in at 0/2. Viv Richards said “Man, it don’t matter where you come in to bat, the score is still zero.”

10) Viv Richards (West Indies) and Merv Hughes (Australia)

Viv Richards hit Merv Hughes for four consecutive boundaries in one over. Merv stops halfway down the pitch, farted loudly, and said to Viv: “let’s see you hit that to the boundary!” Viv was dumb-founded.

Edited by Ron19

maybe it will still be going in 30 years kevjohn?

Not sure i will be though!

Now that we have our new batsman, I'm sure the team will still be going in 30yrs.......clap2.gif

Now that we have our new batsman, I'm sure the team will still be going in 30yrs.......clap2.gif

I think he'll start off by bowling many a maiden over

SC

Rodney Marsh to Ian Botham in an Ashes match: “So how’s your wife and my kids?” Ian Botham’s reply – “The wife’s fine. The kids are retarded !”

Javed Miandad called Hughes a fat bus conductor during a match. A few balls later, Hughes dismissed Miandad. “Tickets please,” said Huges, as he ran past the departing batsman.

McGrath to Ramnaresh Sarwan: “So what does Brian Lara’s di*k taste like?”Sarwan: “I don’t know. Ask your wife.

McGrath (lost his cool): “If you ever F**king mention my wife again, I’ll F**king rip your F**ing throat out.”

England player Jardine complained that one of the Australian players called him a bastard. Australian captain Bill Woodfull turns to his team, points to Jardine and asked “Which one of you bastards called this bastard a bastard?”

Mark Waugh standing at second slip, Adam Parore played & missed the first ball. Mark – “Ohh, I remember you from a couple years ago in Australia. You were shit then, you’re ••••••• useless now”. Parore- (Turning around) “Yeah, that’s me & when I was there you were going out with that old, ugly slut & now I hear you’ve married her. You dumb ••••”.

When Steve came (Steve’s last test match) to bat, Parthiv said, “Come on, just one more of the famous slog-sweeps before you finish” Steve-”Respect Me…for when i made my test debut You were still in your nappies”.

Aussie paceman Glenn McGrath was bowling to Zimbabwe number 11 Eddo Brandes – who was just missing each ball. McGrath, frustrated, went to him and inquired: “Why are you so fat?”Quick as a flash, Brandes replied, “Because every time I make love to your wife, she gives me a biscuit.”

Shastri hits the ball towards Mike Whitney (the 12th man in the game) and looked for a single. Whitney said, “If you leave the crease i’ll break your f***ing head”. Without battling an eyelid, Shastri retorted, “If you could bat as well as you can talk you wouldn’t be the f***ing 12th man”.

To ease the pressure on himself, Sunil Gavaskar had decided to come lower down the order and bat at No 4 for that particular match. But, Malcolm Marshall fired out Anshuman Gaekwad and Dilip Vengsarkar for ducks, setting the stage for Gavaskar to walk in at 0/2. Viv Richards said “Man, it don’t matter where you come in to bat, the score is still zero.”

Viv Richards hit Merv Hughes for four consecutive boundaries in one over. Merv stops halfway down the pitch, farted loudly, and said to Viv: “let’s see you hit that to the boundary!” Viv was dumb-founded.

Some good ones there Ron!

(could i suggest the green flouro font is a little hard on the eyes thumbsup.gif )

(could i suggest the green flouro font is a little hard on the eyes thumbsup.gif )

I don't know what happened there,The original was in black and I didn't tell it to change.

I don't know what happened there,The original was in black and I didn't tell it to change.

Good one.....wink.png.....Can't lose face.......smile.png