Thailand Needs Cricket

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe future posts can more accurately reflect the OP's question about how 'Thailand needs Cricket' ... rather then the focus of more recent posts.

It might be worth one of our members who has more time on his hands (for example, myself at the weekend) doing a bit of research to see if we can come up with the forthcoming cricket fixtures in Thailand, that we can all go along to lend our support and encouragement.

SC

The Bashundara Cricketers (Bangladesh) hold their trophy for winning the 2012 Cup competition at the Chiang Mai Sixes. Well done, Cricketers!

[202 details]

The Sixes Online

The Chiangmai International Cricket Sixes is one of the world's most popular amateur cricket tournaments, and once again this year the Sixes will be known as the "San Miguel" Chiang Mai Sixes, in honor of our sponsor, the San Miguel company in Thailand.

In 2013, the Sixes will be held for the 26th successive year. Plan to join us for the 2013 Sixes from March 31st to April 6th in Chiang Mai at the Gymkhana Club cricket grounds.

If you are unable to join us at the Gymkhana Club in 2013, you can listen in, watch, or follow one of our RSS feeds so you can participate from a distance

........Radar scampers through for a single to bring up 50 posts at Thai Visa......

........A smattering of applause from the small crowd in appreciation of a slow, gritty half-century............

........mmmmmarvellous

........Radar scampers through for a single to bring up 50 posts at Thai Visa......

........A smattering of applause from the small crowd in appreciation of a slow, gritty half-century............

........mmmmmarvellous

Well done..clap2.gif

Maybe you can give Oscar, our new batsman, some hints on achieving his first half century.

Edited by kevjohn

........mmmmmarvellous

Well done..clap2.gif

Maybe you can give Oscar, our new batsman, some hints on achieving his first half century.

Ignore the sledging

........mmmmmarvellous

Well done..clap2.gif

Ignore the sledging

Unless you're playing on a steeply inclined pitch in the bleak mid-winter

SC

TV Cricket

Sledging needs two runners

........mmmmmarvellous

Well done..clap2.gif

only a "half"?... Oscar (or Centurion as I have been calling him when nobody is around) is much more ambitious...

........mmmmmarvellous

Well done..clap2.gif

only a "half"?... Oscar (or Centurion as I have been calling him when nobody is around) is much more ambitious...

I'm just happy to see Oscar, our centurion, make the team........clap2.gif

I'm sure that what ever he achieves will exceed your expectations.

........mmmmmarvellous

Well done..clap2.gif

I'm just happy to see Oscar, our centurion, make the team........clap2.gif

I'm sure that what ever he achieves will exceed your expectations.

Oscar Centurion might be the new face of the national Thai Cricket team.

now, just when is Cricket going to become an Olympic sport? They have Volleyball and handball so why not Cricket?

I liked the story of the Indian taxi driver who lived in New York. True story, he bought an old club that wasnt doing well, setup big screens that only show the cricket cause typically Indian he loved his cricket. His club is a roaring success now cause its the 1st club/pub in New York to show cricket on big screens and although generally Americans dont watch the game, all the Indian/Pakistani taxi drivers do and flock to his club to watch it and theres always a cab out front to get ya home after the game! clap2.gif

Geez lot of replies to this topic!

Welcome to the team......clap2.gif and feel free to add your thought as to why

"Thailand Needs Cricket"

I'm sure you will have many........thumbsup.gif

now, just when is Cricket going to become an Olympic sport? They have Volleyball and handball so why not Cricket?

Do you reckon they would play five-day tests in the Olympic competition?

SC

It would have to be 20/20 i think. Much better for TV.

"Thailand Needs Cricket"

Already have! Number 1 reason is because then Australia has another team to smash AND the expat poms in LOS can then help explain to the Thai team why they will never beat Australia at cricket and its OK to CRY because England looses to them all the timecheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Imagine Richie Benaud calling the game "packed house here tonight at the SCG (Sukhumvit Cricket Ground) Shane Warne bowling from the soi end" cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif....Bet I get a few likes for that! Edited by krisb

"Thailand Needs Cricket"

Already have! Number 1 reason is because then Australia has another team to smash AND the expat poms in LOS can then help explain to the Thai team why they will never beat Australia at cricket and its OK to CRY because England looses to them all the timecheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Imagine Richie Benaud calling the game "packed house here tonight at the SCG (Sukhumvit Cricket Ground) Shane Warne bowling from the soi end" cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif....Bet I get a few likes for that!

As you have just joined the "Thailand Needs Cricket" team, I would like to bring to your attention that our team has members from mainly the UK, Australia and possibly other countries......clap2.gif

As a team, we try to teach members that whether we win or loose, we will be better people just from participating.....thumbsup.gif

Having said that, I must say that I can't give you a "Like" for your post.......sad.png

however as you learn the values of our team I am sure that your following posts will attract many "Likes".......thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

Edited by kevjohn

As in Cricket runs come slowly sometimes but as this is Cricket in Thailand (Two Knees) Cricket we are talking about I am sure you know how easy it is to get Likes in Thailand. We tend to be a bit more conservative with them. A few baht doesn't do it.after all it is not Nannas...but a few million to my account will get you lots of likes.

Edited by harrry

I guess the organisers of the Olympics believe cricket lacks the sophistication of weightlifting and is not as accessible at the grass-roots level as horse dancing or sailing. They probably also think that it is not as much of a spectator sport as toy-gun shooting or archery. The Olympics' organisers prefer more serious sports like ping pong, mountain biking and synchronised swimming.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

As in Cricket runs come slowly sometimes but as this is Cricket in Thailand (Two Knees) Cricket we are talking about I am sure you know how easy it is to get Likes in Thailand. We tend to be a bit more conservative with them. A few baht doesn't do it.after all it is not Nannas...but a few million to my account will get you lots of likes.

For a few million ill like every post the person makes...ever!

I guess the organisers of the Olympics believe cricket lacks the sophistication of weightlifting and is not as accessible at the grass-roots level as horse dancing or sailing. They probably also think that it is not as much of a spectator sport as toy-gun shooting or archery. The Olympics' organisers prefer more serious sports like ping pong, mountain biking and synchronised swimming.

is there BMXing at the Olympics?

Has the Commonwealth games got Cricket on the list now? I remember there was talk about it

"Thailand Needs Cricket"

Already have! Number 1 reason is because then Australia has another team to smash AND the expat poms in LOS can then help explain to the Thai team why they will never beat Australia at cricket and its OK to CRY because England looses to them all the timecheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Imagine Richie Benaud calling the game "packed house here tonight at the SCG (Sukhumvit Cricket Ground) Shane Warne bowling from the soi end" cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif....Bet I get a few likes for that!

As you have just joined the "Thailand Needs Cricket" team, I would like to bring to your attention that our team has members from mainly the UK, Australia and possibly other countries......clap2.gif

As a team, we try to teach members that whether we win or loose, we will be better people just from participating.....thumbsup.gif

Having said that, I must say that I can't give you a "Like" for your post.......sad.png

however as you learn the values of our team I am sure that your following posts will attract many "Likes".......thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

I suppose we should get the internationals going early, while Centurion is still small and Australia have a chance.

SC

Has the Commonwealth games got Cricket on the list now? I remember there was talk about it

Its played as gentlemen's and ladies' 20 overs competitions in the Asian games. Who can forget the dramatic last-over defeat that Thailand ladies suffered to China in Guangzhou back in 2010?

SC

Yes, BMXing is in the Olympics!

Cricket, while obviously not comparable to major sports like BMXing that warrant inclusion in the Olympics, has been in the Commonwealth games before and could return in the future.

What Thailand needs to do is buy in a few big name players, playing for other countries. Just to get things started. I know this might have been mentioned a couple of thousand posts back.

A mix of the old and new players.

It used to work for England not so long back.

Its played as gentlemen's and ladies' 20 overs competitions in the Asian games. Who can forget the dramatic last-over defeat that Thailand ladies suffered to China in Guangzhou back in 2010?

SC

wow! really? I better youtube that one

Yes, BMXing is in the Olympics!

Cricket, while obviously not comparable to major sports like BMXing that warrant inclusion in the Olympics, has been in the Commonwealth games before and could return in the future.

Cricket in the Commonwealth games makes sense. It really should be seen to be one of the pinnacles of the sport.

You know, I get Mountain biking as a sport for the Olympics, but BMXing?

"Thailand Needs Cricket"

yeah right-o, so its not win or loose its how you play the game? is that what your saying? You must be from England then?thumbsup.gif