Beer In Thailand

Seismic

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heineken and beer in the same post. Give it a rest. If I could get a decent better down here, I'd be happy.

I assume you mean bitter, not better. You probably miss jellied eels as well. Beer, like most things in life, is a purely personal thing. I'd rather drink my own p*ss than luke warm bitter beer.

In my old Yorkshire local they heat the cellar in winter, as the pipes freeze. It's in a disused quarry. As for Jellied Eels that's London food. Five me Pork Pies & Mushy Peas any day

At the end of the day it is personal prefference, no beer is right or wrong, everyone likes what they like, so lets not bring the wine snob shit into a simple glass of beer!

One mans piss is another mans Archa!

Thanks. Now we've got shit in beer. That image is haunting me.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Think you know beer? http://en.wikipedia....h_Beer_Festival

There are those that will attempt to "tick" each beer over the 4 days of the festival. That is a 1/2 pint of each. I doubt any of them finish. The more serious will have been "ticking" over the course of the year and will know which gaps to fill.

My in-laws are "tickers", hence my arm-chair enthusiasm (and that I really like a decent beer).

I don't believe that any of the beers mentioned to date on this thread have been near this except, maybe, Bombadier. Doesn't mean that they're not good. You just have to acknowledge that Mont Clair has to be the biggest selling red wine in Thailand and we all know that we wouldn't drink it if we had a seriously competitive environment.

mont clair, like most thai beers, i would not drink in ANY environment.

• Like 1

Eyeball corruption v Taste corruption.....

Walk into a bar where there is an ugly old bat serving and after eight pints she will look a whole lot better then when you got there.

Come and live in Thailand and the beer tastes like piss but eight years later it tastes a whole lot better than when you got here !

• Like 1

Granted! We all have our favourite beers and no doubt I have mine.

I agree Thai beers aren't the best in the world but.........they sure taste a lot better when one is happily retired and living here in LOS as opposed to having to work, to only give half away to the government and the other half to the bank manager for a ridiculous mortgage and then even your favourite brew just doesn't have that extra appeal.

At the end of the day it is personal prefference, no beer is right or wrong, everyone likes what they like, so lets not bring the wine snob shit into a simple glass of beer!

Here, here! It amuses me how everyone thinks they're an expert when it comes to beer. It's not enough just to say" I prefer brand X", but they have to add, "everything that is not brand X is cat's p*ss". It reminds me of when I used to work in a pub that catered to newspaper reporters, I made the mistake on my first day of giving them the house gin with their tonic. They said "don't give us that s**t, give us Gordon's". I found out a few days later that the publican always refilled the Gordon's bottle with house gin. Guess who had the last laugh?

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 2

the best beer in Thailand you get in Tawandang http://www.tawandang.com/eng/home.html

but you can not buy in a store.

the best beer in bottles is Chang Export, but only if it is not older as 3 month.

Heineken is not a beer, Heineken is a chemical water or better nam klong

Thanks.

Tawandang http://www.tawandang.com/eng/home.html points to one of my most favourate beers, Weizen. I learned to drink that beer in Bavaria(Germany). I also miss their weekly small Weisswursts each Friday morning at work in Muenich. When I’m in the neighbourhood I will first try a glass or two in Tawamdang and then take a crate or two. It’s on my todo list. I sincerely hope that an old witch (or should I say bat ?) possibly flying around that place around the local cauldron does not angry me by confronting me with some of her tricks. My taste has been properly educated with our local Dutch village brew which is called De Kroon, currently brew of our maybe possibly mutual (my local village) friends of Bavaria(the Netherlands).

I am quite capable of understanding your statement concerning the condition of our national bath water. People who’ve studied beer ratings at www dot ratebeer dot com will not throw that little Thai baby out with my countries bathwater before having tasted that local brew themselves. Since none of HK beers are (not yet) present in the current top 50 list of “Best Beers of the Netherlands 2012”, your additional criticism (“nam klong”) is believed to be correct, but not really necessary, and, sorry I’ve to say that, is also a little bit unworthy of the true German business spirit I experienced in the environment of Muenich. Let’s hope you do not really represent those guys. High quality self selling products do promote themself during time. Their beers do not really need beer festivals or games of soccer but it is fun participating in some of them. After having had all those wars in the past it is a nice opportunity to make new friends and to learn to speak our languages, especially for our children for building long term relationships which already happen to exist more than 40 years now.

HK produces a large amount of beer, and, yes, their ratings seem to be rather low. I am probably the only figure fetishist over here in this thread who noticed that those very large “2009 HK” numbers which are mentioned earlier do deviate more than a factor 10 from the real 2009 HK ones (in 2009 125.2 mhl HK worldwide and only 2.2 mhl HK in the Asian Pacific region). Maybe that’s why it’s much more difficult to find a HK friend in Thailand than one in Europe. No need to go figuring again. My numbers have been double checked. Btw.125.2 hml HK equals almost 3 times the total beer production volume of China. People in China and also in Thailand drink as much litres of beer per person as the people in France do. When the Chinese should decide to start drinking like Germans do than those 125.2 mhl HK is just enough to serve only the needs of the Chinese. Those 2009 2.2 mhl HK beer includes China. Why HK did not approach the Chinese beer market, not only amazes me, but also others after the very first decade of this century.I haven’t studied their latest numbers yet.

Here, here! It amuses me how everyone thinks they're an expert when it comes to beer. It's not enough just to say" I prefer brand X", but they have to add, "everything that is not brand X is cat's p*ss".

I'm pretty happy with Heineken myself.

the best beer in Thailand you get in Tawandang http://www.tawandang.com/eng/home.html

but you can not buy in a store.

the best beer in bottles is Chang Export, but only if it is not older as 3 month.

Heineken is not a beer, Heineken is a chemical water or better nam klong

Thanks.

Tawandang http://www.tawandang.com/eng/home.html points to one of my most favourate beers, Weizen. I learned to drink that beer in Bavaria(Germany). I also miss their weekly small Weisswursts each Friday morning at work in Muenich. When I’m in the neighbourhood I will first try a glass or two in Tawamdang and then take a crate or two. It’s on my todo list. I sincerely hope that an old witch (or should I say bat ?) possibly flying around that place around the local cauldron does not angry me by confronting me with some of her tricks. My taste has been properly educated with our local Dutch village brew which is called De Kroon, currently brew of our maybe possibly mutual (my local village) friends of Bavaria(the Netherlands).

I am quite capable of understanding your statement concerning the condition of our national bath water. People who’ve studied beer ratings at www dot ratebeer dot com will not throw that little Thai baby out with my countries bathwater before having tasted that local brew themselves. Since none of HK beers are (not yet) present in the current top 50 list of “Best Beers of the Netherlands 2012”, your additional criticism (“nam klong”) is believed to be correct, but not really necessary, and, sorry I’ve to say that, is also a little bit unworthy of the true German business spirit I experienced in the environment of Muenich. Let’s hope you do not really represent those guys. High quality self selling products do promote themself during time. Their beers do not really need beer festivals or games of soccer but it is fun participating in some of them. After having had all those wars in the past it is a nice opportunity to make new friends and to learn to speak our languages, especially for our children for building long term relationships which already happen to exist more than 40 years now.

HK produces a large amount of beer, and, yes, their ratings seem to be rather low. I am probably the only figure fetishist over here in this thread who noticed that those very large “2009 HK” numbers which are mentioned earlier do deviate more than a factor 10 from the real 2009 HK ones (in 2009 125.2 mhl HK worldwide and only 2.2 mhl HK in the Asian Pacific region). Maybe that’s why it’s much more difficult to find a HK friend in Thailand than one in Europe. No need to go figuring again. My numbers have been double checked. Btw.125.2 hml HK equals almost 3 times the total beer production volume of China. People in China and also in Thailand drink as much litres of beer per person as the people in France do. When the Chinese should decide to start drinking like Germans do than those 125.2 mhl HK is just enough to serve only the needs of the Chinese. Those 2009 2.2 mhl HK beer includes China. Why HK did not approach the Chinese beer market, not only amazes me, but also others after the very first decade of this century.I haven’t studied their latest numbers yet.

I'll have what the poster's drinking !!

The only lager i can stomach here these days is san mig light. Chang i wouldn't drink for free, and mixing it with lemon squash or whatever is just wrong.

I am however a lightweight it is true.

Sent from my A500 using Thaivisa Connect App

..and perhaps too young to remember those hazy,lazy, crazy days of summer of the 70s and lager and lime...

hell's bells, guys why don't you brew your own like me instead of whinging? Illegal of course, so I'm joking.

Tell us more, what ingredients are you suing and where do you get them? The Kit, what are using for the process, BIG C waterbutt/dustbins?

hell's bells, guys why don't you brew your own like me instead of whinging? Illegal of course, so I'm joking.

Is that really illegal ? My MIL sometimes makes sato (rice wine), I sort of remember reading that some laws were changed so that production for own consumption is allowed, but selling the stuff not. Perhaps somebody knows better ? In any case, I too would be interested in where to get all the stuff needed for brewing in Thailand.

Did you ever try Heineken to clean your car when it's really dirty and shows some scratches from the BKK traffic? See here what to do:

- fill half a bucket with water;

- buy a sixpack Heineken or wait until a Hollander brings you this as present (not recommended seen the small chance that he would buy a SIX-pack!);

- don't cool it. Dish cleaner is also not stored in the fridge;

- mix the content of the Heineken bottles with the fresh water and stir;

- start cleaning the car with a quality sponge and thoroughly rince with fresh water to remove all remaining Heineken chemicals and ingredients;

- dry with soft cloth or synthetic fabric;

- when completely dry (after one hour or so) rob the surface gently with a dry soft tissue.

No detergent can beat Heineken! Your car will shine like new!

PS.: some people also drink this detergent...

If you were not to brew your own beer in Thailand please PM me a link with the best method that you wouldn't use..

me too please, of course I am just an interested passer by and have no interest in depriving the govt of any taxes. Quick as you can then!

I used to consider it very unsocial if I didn't drink any given amount of any amber coloured liquid sold by the landlord for the pleasure of the customer to get extremely pished.

Ah, memories!

• Like 1

Did you ever try Heineken to clean your car when it's really dirty and shows some scratches from the BKK traffic? See here what to do:

- buy a sixpack Heineken or wait until a Hollander brings you this as present (not recommended seen the small chance that he would buy a SIX-pack!);

- start cleaning the car with a quality sponge and thoroughly rince with fresh water to remove all remaining Heineken chemicals and ingredients;

- when completely dry (after one hour or so) rob the surface gently with a dry soft tissue.

Can't believe that people would actually drink it as no self respecting dog will go near your mag wheels after you have used it.

Can't believe that people would actually drink it as no self respecting dog will go near your mag wheels after you have used it.

Yeah, right. Only about 100 million drink it, but I suppose you don't think any of them have any taste?

If you were not to brew your own beer in Thailand please PM me a link with the best method that you wouldn't use..

me too please, of course I am just an interested passer by and have no interest in depriving the govt of any taxes. Quick as you can then!

I'll be on that list too :)

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Yeah, right. Only about 100 million drink it, but I suppose you don't think any of them have any taste?

Ahh Heineken, beer............................. but not as we know it! cheesy.gif

Thanks Cooked....I did not go to the site you said not to, and I did not bookmark it, and I did not find out that they supply "Coopers" which was the brand I used to home brew in Oz, and I did not get excited about re-living my brewing days, and I did not seriously consider filling out the appropriate forms to get a starter kit delivered to my front door, and I did not tell my wife how much money we could save.

So I am abiding by the law and softly weeping into my Archa.