Thai Women Extorting Money From Farlangs Through Facebook

ebmzlm

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the farang wises up and realises he has been led up the creek, he often justifies it as "helping the poor Thais get out of poverty". I suppose better a philanthropist than an idiot.

Better a fellatioist than a bar girl.

Oh that doesn't quite work does it. goof.gif

Could you give a few pointers on how she worked this ... a PM would do, don't want everyone in on it ... then I'll brief my wife and she can earn some pin money ....... thumbsup.gif

Forget about briefing the wife, do it yourself!

These guys can't tell the sex or nationality of the person over facebook.

Could you give a few pointers on how she worked this ... a PM would do, don't want everyone in on it ... then I'll brief my wife and she can earn some pin money ....... thumbsup.gif

Forget about briefing the wife, do it yourself!

These guys can't tell the sex or nationality of the person over facebook.

Very true. Grab a dozen photos of some nice looking bird. Claim you can't afford a webcam.

'Pleeeeeeese send me money for webcam! I want to see you on cam. You handsome man with good heart.'

Repeat forever....

These men are deranged, how can you send almost a average (english) months wage to someone you met through Facebook, in less

than a day!

Because you can afford to, probably spend that much on a nice meal out and he may find the value received from this activity more enjoyable, and certainly healthier.

You guys are doing something wrong. I have met dozens of thai girls from online and never has one wanted or asked for money.

Im guessing the ones that get ripped off are old?

Yes you hansum young fellas are automatically invulnerable to being scammed, it's true!

Traditional falling "in love" and settling down to raise a family IMO = "the long con".

Actually grain of truth there - older/ugly guys do often have to pay as they go, in the short term may be more expensive, but IMO if they've accumulated any wisdom along the way they'll be better of in the long run. In the long run we're all dead, we oldies just realize that more 'cause it's likely coming sooner.

Then **again** that makes us even more attractive to a certain subset of very smart little scammers. . .

• Like 1

I have been extorted in the past and it is no laughing matter. After an oil massage, with what seemed like several accidental brushes against my nethers, the girl asked if I wanted to give her extra for a special. Needless to say I was curious so I paid the money. Now I am so affected mentally that I fall for the same trap every time I go for an oil massage. Can someone help me?

This link may help you

http://sex-addiction.co.uk/?gclid=CPGg9aTXi7ACFU0b6wodCAwdlQ

As mentioned previously extorted was the wrong word. It should have been titled!

"Naive farlangs gifting money to thai women through Facebook"

Why does a conversation have to come about religion or an ethnic race. Though I may have used the wrong word in the title. The fact is the comment is a fact.

This is old news men have always been lead by their hormones, In Thailand or anywhere in the world

Men are idiots. Period.

Just that some are crazier then others.

How do you rate on the crazy scale?

I rate as, 'not crazy enough to give her money until after I've shagged her'

I rate as, 'not crazy enough to give her money until after I've shagged her'

Sometimes it's worth making some small down payments to show your bona fides in the initial courting stages.

Extended for ongoing transactional relationships - not crazy enough to let the to-date total investment get much greater than to-date value received - such value to be calculated as the fair going rate for equivalent services in our current location.

Actually on that basis, I couldn't afford to bring any of my current/recent cuties home, they're easily worth USD 2-3K per night back there. . .

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK

This is old news men have always been lead by their hormones, In Thailand or anywhere in the world

Men are idiots. Period.

Just that some are crazier then others.

How do you rate on the crazy scale?

There is no scale. All men are idiots.

Men are idiots. Period.

Men are idiots. Period.

Well, I know I`m not an idiot and judging by your previous posts, I don`t think you are either.

How do we know that these Thai girls are really what that seem?

They could be anyone, just using a pretty picture and a few nice words, than the mugs are hooked.

These guys need to wake up and come back to reality.

Many kind souls like to share what the have with others....this is not extortion or daylight robbery...come on not all farangs are Cheap Charlies...Blessed are those who give for they shall be Blessed...402.gif

• Like 1

I wonder if I create a fake profile for myself on facebook, get some photo's of a hot Thai chick.

knock on a few doors so to speak.

Maybe I could make a few bucks myself.

At least stock up the wine cellar a bit.

yes some people really ARE THAT STUPID.

Its an age old one. Had a male friend who did exactly that in Argentina about 10 years back using msn.

Agree with Semper. Men can be idiots in this sense. At one point i joined tagged (couple of years back), was single at the time, and wanted to make new friends, and possibly more. Had a few photos up and made a separate msn account. Added a couple of people, several guys. My web cam broke and one guy offered to send me one. Didnt even ask, nor make any story about not having money to buy one, was an out and out offer. Declined. Honestly, its almost like some guys just want to give money away. I guess they equal buying things with being wanted. Im not saying i didnt appreciate the offer, it was kind, but i felt wrong taking it (and i didnt wish to give out my home address). Other women might not think the same way and see it as easy takings. So, in some cases the women dont even need to scam ..the guys actually WANT to offer.

Edit: so its not just a Thai woman thing. Any woman who wants to take advantage, can.

Edited by eek

Many kind souls like to share what the have with others....this is not extortion or daylight robbery...come on not all farangs are Cheap Charlies...Blessed are those who give for they shall be Blessed...402.gif

The occasional 100k baht is a drop in the ocean to the average farang.....and there are plenty of generous guys out there happy to give....just as there are those happy to receive......I don't see the issue here......coffee1.gif

Right before i moved to thailand, i was on yahoo chat and spent 5-10 minutes chatting with a girl,

-she then suggested i send her a gift, and i asked why would i do that ? are you trying to dig gold ?

She then went to the general forum telling what a bad man i was, and the crowd tried to help her and said just put bad man on ignore list.

Not a very comprehensive testing but it does suggest anyone not sending gifts are "bad"

An ex GF told me the story of how at one stage, a year before I met her, she was having a difficult time, living in her shop, business was down, money was tight. An Italian man she had been speaking with online felt sorry for her (living in the shop, struggling to make ends meet) and sent her 200 000 Baht over a period of months, (500 Euro each time concealed in cards) They had never met before or after. One day the money stopped and he wasn't heard from again.

She told me this story quite a few times...quite a few times indeed. It seemed to pop up in late night conversations.

Business conditions were apparently bad again...She was having trouble making ends meet. I suggested if business was bad she should sell her car..the one she had got on finance from the money the Italian man had sent her. Perhaps cut some of her expenditure...advertise her business etcetera etctera..

Being relatively thick myself when it comes to women, it was only later I realised she was planting the seed in my mind that I should be also giving her some money..like the Italian.

To be honest, they are really sophisticated and have the sense to identifying the losers. Once they feel the prey is not a beginner they cut it short.

Anyway, it is just surprising to see how many people fall for these scams so easily.

There can't be many men that have not given money to or been scammed by a woman or women in their own country. Who ever heard of having a woman who didn't want your money, if you allowed them to get their hands on it?

When I first started surfing the 'dating' sites some years ago (I was 50's) I had women from all over Asia who wanted to be my 'friend' very quickly. I started playing the field with Filipino, Thai, Chinese etc etc and within a fairly short time the majority of Thai girls were asking for money. I say the majority because there were a few that didn't but they were not from Issan or related to poor families anywhere in the country. They were the ones that were a bit older (30's up) and had decent jobs, and their priorities were not particularly geared to fast bucks. They already had their own computers and had taught themselves some English. The poor ones were using Internet Cafe's. The range of money the girls asked for was between a few hundred Baht and 500,000 Baht to buy a new car. I can say that none of the Chinese girls I had relationships with, and there were a good few trips to China, never once asked me for money. They always said they would like a responsible man that would love them and have a long term stable relationship. I would point out that none of these girls were from poor families either and I think this is the key with the large numbers of Thai girls who are on the make. It's to do with the amount of poor families that exist in Thailand where all the pressure is put on the young girls to provide for the family. It may be true that they think we Farang are all stupid, and indeed some really are, but the main driving force is family pressure and they will do anything to relieve that constant burden.

The bottom line is, that there is one born every minute, so there will always be plenty of business to go around for the scam artists and probably one profession that will never become obsolete.

I have absolutely no sympathy for the guys who get scammed, but rather they should be pitied in a sad, sick sort of way. Many of them believe that it is possible to buy friendship or a companion and are desperate for their dreams to become reality.

Dumb people, with sad lives, ripe for extortion, who cares?

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 1