Question About Visa Application Form (Retirement)

I am in the process of applying for my O-A (retirement) here in the US (Los Angeles Consulate).

The Applicaton for Visa form contains one sentence that I do not know how to answer:

"Name and address of guarantor in Thailand"

I have friends in Thailand who can act as references, but I would feel uncomfortable asking them to "guarantee" anything.

I did a search here and found some older comments about just leaving it blank or putting in self, but I am not sure which visa that applied to. It seems to be a "one size fits all" form.

My thought is to just put in "self". I am using the 800,000 baht method and they have my bank statements.

I would appreciate any thoughts.

I have friends in Thailand who can act as references, but I would feel uncomfortable asking them to "guarantee" anything.

If applying by mail (even if living in LA, applying by mail would save wear and tear from two trips to the consulate), why not just apply to the Thai Embassy in DC. Their application still asks for "reference" person, not "guarantor." But much more importantly -- the Embassy does NOT ask for notarization of police, medical, and financial statements -- but LA does. Why not eliminate that hassle....while solving your "guarantor" problem at the same time?