Why Do Hot Farangs Dislike It Here?

Aurelllian

Why do hot farang women dislike Thailand (Bangkok)?

There are many things that I fancy about the LOS: (1) A lack of consular/border complications when entering or exiting the country along with (largely) lax residence requirements. I have been coming here for 2.5 years and have never had a visa. Compared to when I lived in Germany and spent 20% of my R&R time in line at some government office. (2) The Buddhist live and let live mantra. No one bothers you here is you don’t bother them. (3) Kinda cheap on the right day of the week--but not really anymore considering that my strawberries cost 3x here what they cost in Vegas. More aptly would be the ability live cheap if one wishes to. Things like private tennis lesson here are ½ of what they cost in Vegas and the club fees are so much more there…just one example. (4) People are nice and smile at you…especially if you give them money. (5) LOS is very safe compared to many places I have been. In the 2.5 years I have been here the police have stopped me once at a checkpoint and were uberpolite. They searched me but were unfailingly pleasant while doing so. Compare this to when a GF was caught in the middle of a pursuit and was directed at gun point to lie flat on the ground while having obscenities screamed at her by Vegas PD. The perp was a Hispanic male; she is a 5’3 blonde female.

Thai women do not wish to date fellas like me. That’s ok because I am not attracted to them much either….or better yet the 2 or 3 that I do think are attractive would not date me in Thailand. I prefer 5’8 (and above) surgically enhanced females and generally do better in cosmopolitan or upscale havens in the 1st world.

I like spending my vacation, R&R, and the interim periods between contracts (I work as a USAID contractor in conflict zones) here.

I have spent about 4 months here with two long term Caucasian (one yank and one from Germany) GFs and they all despise it even though I pay for them to come out and support them while here. One left me because of the time I spent here (not understanding the tax implications of being OCONUS) and the other who works as a FA for a GCC airline constantly complains about being in BKK—she does like Samui for a few days though.

These women are treated like royalty here and are constantly gawked at and put on a pedestal by the locals. Mostly I am chagrined, annoyed, and insulted by Thais constantly telling me that I am “lucky” to have these girls as my gf and people constantly telling them they are beautiful; however, I dismiss such slights with a curt smile and a mild tip of noggin. Again, these girls are pretty, but are not 9s or 10s in Vegas, LA, or any other large metropolis and certainly nobody in such places have said similar things to me. We walked into Brew last night and many if not the majority of the patrons were checking us—well her--out.

While I understand that women like attention (but only from those that they deem “worthy”), I don’t know why the pretty Western gals I know don’t like Bangkok when they are treated so special by both the Thais and the other Farang girls.

Can anybody suggest some coping mechanisms that I can deploy to keep my girlfriend content while chillin in BKK?

I am trying to find her similar looking gals to lounge with but those Eastern Euro models are a bit too fast for my taste.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can find plenty of 5'8" plus surgically enhanced women around Nana.

Well..neo-women, eh ? Practically all the tall ones I've seen carry XY chromosomes. Or so I suppose judging by my katoy radar.

Hi,

I'm not trolling. I prefer tall voluptuous women. Some men prefer small asian girls...to each thier own.

I have never had a visa because I normally leave the country every 30 days or pay the fine when leaving. Nobody has ever said anything to me.

Can we please stay on topic?

Thanks

[Repetition deleted.

I'm sure your girlfriends have found plenty of coping mechanisms to remain satisfied while you are chilling in Bangkok.

If living in Bangkok is more important than going somewhere your girlfrined likes, maybe its time to find a new boyfriend. And for you - to decide what's important for you.

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

Well I can tell you what I don't like about BKK:

- air pollution

- traffic

- the heat which is more cloying and icky than in the countryside, sort of like being engulfed in hot smog. You feel sweaty and dirty all the time.

and let's face it, it's not a particularly scenic or pretty city.

You may do better if you relocate to say Phuket. Germans and Scandanavians usually love it.

[Repetition deleted.

I'm sure your girlfriends have found plenty of coping mechanisms to remain satisfied while you are chilling in Bangkok.

If living in Bangkok is more important than going somewhere your girlfrined likes, maybe its time to find a new boyfriend. And for you - to decide what's important for you.

SC

The girls like it for the first week but then sour on it. They have no coping mechanisms sans flying out. I was wondering if someone else was suffering from an analogous situation, but I dont think the demographics of this board can yield the responses that I would like.

[Repetition deleted.

SC

The girls like it for the first week but then sour on it. They have no coping mechanisms sans flying out. I was wondering if someone else was suffering from an analogous situation, but I dont think the demographics of this board can yield the responses that I would like.

You profess to be a worldly fellow, yet you come across as crass and superficial in the extreme. One wonders, if your standards for beauty do not go beyond the size of someone's surgically altered breasts and their height, well there isn't much hope for you in any county. Well except perhaps the mythical land of the amazons, but that place doesn't really exist.

Speaking as someone who has lived around Africa and more than a few Islamic countries, I have never encountered a shortage of beautiful women, no matter how harsh the hellhole.

Edited by canuckoverseas
  • Like 1

Hi,

I'm not trolling. I prefer tall voluptuous women. Some men prefer small asian girls...to each thier own.

I have never had a visa because I normally leave the country every 30 days or pay the fine when leaving. Nobody has ever said anything to me.

Thanks

Think you have set up ''your'' shop in the wrong country. There are a few African states that fit your needs. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

[Repetition deleted.

SC

You profess to be a worldly fellow, yet you come across as crass and superficial in the extreme. One wonders, if your standards for beauty do not go beyond the size of someone's surgically altered breasts and their height, well there isn't much hope for you in any county. Well except perhaps the mythical land of the amazons, but that place doesn't really exist.

Speaking as someone who has lived around Africa and more than a few Islamic countries, I have never encountered a shortage of beautiful women, no matter how harsh the hellhole.

Thanks for your post.

I do question it's relevancy, as the topic is not about my superficiality--likely true--but about how a beautiful western woman can manage being here. It takes a certain type to fancy the 2nd world..especially for a women who have all they want in the comfort of the west.

I completely disagree with you about pretty western girls being found everywhere. Simply not true when it comes to the level of beauty I am referring to.

I am hesitant to post a picture of us, but I'd like to move beyond silly ad hominen attacks and irrelevant blurbs and past establishing bonafides to some helpful advice.

My wallet is being battered with the frequent flights of here.

I assure you that I am no troll and would welcome some relevant info.

Hi,

Thanks

Think you have set up ''your'' shop in the wrong country. There are a few African states that fit your needs. rolleyes.gif

No, LOS works for a number of reasons detailed above. I tried Dubai and Germany but the expense of the former and red tape of the latter put the kibosh on any long term domicile being established there.

Sure, I don't fancy the local women, but that's not a big deterrent in my book.

Why Africa? aside from the Cape, Africa is kinda suspect.

Young western women have education and expectation of being treated as equal.This no doubt why so many are stressed ,disappointed or prefer to eschew marriages.

What ever anyone thinks of the merits of this with one or two notable exceptions Thailand is a very conservative traditionalist society.The fact that Thai men look down on women is pobably apparent to women from outside.

Its a very male world much like the society I grew up in.If your need for partners is decided by skin pigment then you may prefer adjust your location,lighting levels or expectations.

Edited by RubbaJohnny
  • Like 1

So OP likes LOS, but the modded tall imports don't. Would the OP then consider a native, if suitably tall and modified ?

If so, then the question changes it's form into where to find one. There, as my preference is totally opposite, I have no clue, but perhaps the good folks of TV could give a pointer or two.

Young western women have education and expectation of being treated as equal.This no doubt why so many are stressed ,disappointed or prefer to eschew marriages.

What ever anyone thinks of the merits of this with one or two notable exceptions Thailand is a very conservative traditionalist society.The fact that Thai men look down on women is pobably apparent to women from outside.

Its a very male world much like the society I grew up in.If your need for partners is decided by skin pigment then you may prefer adjust your location,lighting levels or expectations.

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, my dilemma does fit the normal paradigm for men in the LOS so it's hard for many to address the issue at hand.

My personal peccadilloes for characteristics that I find attractive on women are irrelevant. Perhaps the fault partially lies with me for the paucity of the replies....maybe too much chaff in my original post.

Average western women like it just fine here....my question is why don't beautiful farang women like it here? And if anyone has a hot (8 or above) western girl in BKK how do they cope with their complaints.

Thanks.

It's a nice place IMHO.

So OP likes LOS, but the modded tall imports don't. Would the OP then consider a native, if suitably tall and modified ?

If so, then the question changes it's form into where to find one. There, as my preference is totally opposite, I have no clue, but perhaps the good folks of TV could give a pointer or two.

there ya go...more on target now....I like LOS mainly because it works for me and people leave you alone here...would I rather be in Vegas or Boulder...yes, but not so much that I'd lose my federal income tax exemption....

I have no problem with local women. I just don't find the ones here attractive mentally or physically. And they don't dig me either...not the quality that I am into. I have seen some very pretty Thai girls in Vegas and I even dated one a few times...nice girl.

thanks for your reply...aside from the possible allusion to katoeys...lol...

A hot (what I'd rate starting from 9) woman in the west will face stiff competition in places like BKK due to common preferences of the men there and if their only asset are the looks, it's understandable to feel threatened.

Easily corrected, just frequent bars that have patrons appreciating rubber tittied amazons, such as japanese clubs or clubs featuring Hi-So Thai-Chinese bigwigs looking for a western gik. You might find the competition there unpleasant, though.

• Like 1

A hot (what I'd rate starting from 9) woman in the west will face stiff competition in places like BKK due to common preferences of the men there and if their only asset are the looks, it's understandable to feel threatened.

Easily corrected, just frequent bars that have patrons appreciating rubber tittied amazons, such as japanese clubs or clubs featuring Hi-So Thai-Chinese bigwigs looking for a western gik. You might find the competition there unpleasant, though.

Hi....we are still not on the same frequency. I have seen very few beautiful Western Women here long term...sans a few passing through on the way to Samui and some poor Easter Euro models or Central Asian Slav ic hookers passing themselves off as real Russians...real models don't come to BKK and real Russian gold diggers ply their trade in Moscow, Dubai, or Manhattan. ..the second tier ones may go to Beijing or Singapore though.

I'm up late and bored..but the post is legit gents.

If you think that i am either bsing or exaggerating, I would be happy to establish bonafides before Wed--we leave for Vegas that night--by allowing you or your proxy to have some sushi with me and my girl around Thong Lo or a steak at Tenderloins. I will pay.

All that I ask is that you dress respectively, be a longstanding, active, and respected poster on the board, and report back honestly. This means if I show up with Angelie Jo Lee you cant out of spite say she is ugly.

What say you?

Edited by Aurelllian

Hi....we are still not on the same frequency. I have seen very few beautiful Western Women here long term...sans a few passing through on the way to Samui and some poor Easter Euro models or Central Asian Slav ic hookers passing themselves off as real Russians...real models don't come to BKK and real Russian gold diggers ply their trade in Moscow, Dubai, or Manhattan. ..the second tier ones may go to Beijing or Singapore though.

I'm up late and bored..but the post is legit gents.

If you think that i am either bsing or exaggerating, I would be happy to establish bonafides before Wed--we leave for Vegas that night--by allowing you or your proxy to have some sushi with me and my girl around Thong Lo or a steak at Tenderloins. I will pay.

All that I ask is that you dress respectively, be a longstanding, active, and respected poster on the board, and report back honestly. This means if I show up with Angelie Jo Lee you cant out of spite say she is ugly.

What say you?

Thank goodness I'm not tempted to turn up - from your point of view, at least.

And to be honest, while you might hate to meet <deleted> like me, I would probably regret it equally

Anyway, if my experience is anything to go by, hot farang dislike Thailand because its hot. I'm hot, and I don't like being hot.

SC

SC

• Like 1