Vague Moment! Do You Sometimes Get A Bit Vague About Things?

BookMan

I had a vague moment just before.

I was making a toasted sandwich and I got the bread out and pressed the lever down on the toaster. I was waiting...waiting..waiting...then I realised I had forgotten to put the actual bread into the toaster!

Does anyone else have these types of vague moments?

PS

For those who are interested I made two toasted sandwiches consisting of Avocado, chilli flavoured tuna, lettuce, Tomato, with spicy Indian chilli/mango pickle. Yummo!

I just had a lovely lunch of white rice, curried vegetables (including a tomato-like thing, ladies' finger, and some other stuff), bean sprouts and spinach, with a tandoori chicken leg, and topped with a couple of popadoms. Lovely!

Do you ever find that in answering a question, you sometimes forget whatever the question was in the first instance?

But keeping on the same thread, I'm going to miss my aloo gobi at the weekend because I'll be going out to the rugby; anyone else fancy coming along?

SC

• Like 1

wait until your pour coffee into the jam pot and then put salt in instead of sugar. I really need my boring early morning routine to get my 'brain' into gear but sometimes it goes into reverse. I'm quite lucid generally, I must stay of the whiskey.

wait until your pour coffee into the jam pot and then put salt in instead of sugar. I really need my boring early morning routine to get my 'brain' into gear but sometimes it goes into reverse. I'm quite lucid generally, I must stay of the whiskey.

You'll know u have reached critical levels when u start adding sugar to your Whiskey

• Like 1

Yep, you need to get a toaster like mine, designed specifically for people like you & me.....

....you can press the lever but it won't stay down if there is no bread in it, also won't stay down if not turned on.thumbsup.gif

Yep, you need to get a toaster like mine, designed specifically for people like you & me.....

....you can press the lever but it won't stay down if there is no bread in it, also won't stay down if not turned on.thumbsup.gif

Excellent idea! I could use one of those. Buying the cheapest isn't always the smartest.thumbsup.gif

Guys, the toaster example was just an instance of some vague behaviour. I was hoping for some examples of vague behaviour you might have had. It doesn't HAVE to be TOASTER related! Nor bread related! rolleyes.gif

Edited by BookMan

I call it a senior moment and I generally have about 3 or 4 a day now I am 68.

Thing like deciding to empty the trash bags then going to my storeroom and trying to remember why I am here, loading a slide in the scanner and wonering why it isn't scanning and realising I was playing Hearts and had forgotten to start the scanner.

Is that the sort of thing you mean?

• Like 1

You'll know u have reached critical levels when u start adding sugar to your Whiskey

+1

Thing like deciding to empty the trash bags then going to my storeroom and trying to remember why I am here, loading a slide in the scanner and wonering why it isn't scanning and realising I was playing Hearts and had forgotten to start the scanner.

Exactly thumbsup.gif

I had a vogue moment this morning . I put on my boots , hivi vest and hat with a lot of safety stickers on it and I struck a posey of wild indians in the nullah over there by the watchamacallit thin?

edit - the answer is : there's no answer .

Edited by onionluke

At 68 you still get to play against HMFC? Theblether will sign you for Motherwell.
  • Like 1

At 68 you still get to play against HMFC? Theblether will sign you for Motherwell.

I was playing five-a-side last night with the lads from work, and, after last week, the hall where we play has invested in a defibrillator. Just as well, since I drive a proton.

SC

I find if I don't have a couple of cups of coffee in the morning I'm not quite " with it " until at least midday.

Second that, however I find 2 cups of coffee just not enough on Mondays. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Payboy
  • Like 1

I find if I don't have a couple of cups of coffee in the morning I'm not quite " with it " until at least midday.

Second that, however I find 2 cups of coffee just not enough on Mondays. rolleyes.gif

Yeah Mondays might require a 3rd as well. Any more than that and I start feeling queasy.

• Like 1

Yeh, that was it.

Guys, the toaster example was just an instance of some vague behaviour. I was hoping for some examples of vague behaviour you might have had. It doesn't HAVE to be TOASTER related! Nor bread related! rolleyes.gif

Coffee related, I like Birdy 3in1, tastes Ok, and I'm too lazy for the whole spoon and jar malarkey.

I few days ago I grabbed one, ripped it open, poured the contents in to the kitchen trash can, put the now empty sachet in to the cup, and proceeded to pour hot water on it.

It was a serious <deleted> are you doing moment.

• Like 1

Yeh, that was it.

Coffee related, I like Birdy 3in1, tastes Ok, and I'm too lazy for the whole spoon and jar malarkey.

I few days ago I grabbed one, ripped it open, poured the contents in to the kitchen trash can, put the now empty sachet in to the cup, and proceeded to pour hot water on it.

It was a serious <deleted> are you doing moment.

A couple of days ago my coffee didn't quite taste right until I realised it was Ovaltine.

Oh well at least I like Ovaltine.

• Like 1