Is Any Banks Easier To Get A Thai Credit Card Than Others ?

YipYipYa123

I spend a fortune on grocerys ,petrol/diesel and other stuff in big stores

i read that a thai credit card gives you 8-10% back on purchases like these and discounts on top of that

i use my thai debit cards for all these things and hence get no benefits

i have a condo worth 5 million

(in my name ) and substancial amounts in saving accounts in kasikorn and bangkok bank

the problem is ,im self employed in europe and i only have a thai student visa that gets updated yearly (no thai work permit )

would any bank issue a credit card based on savings in their branch ? or is it based only on incoming income (which i have 0 )

This question is asked on a regular basis, have a look on the banking forum.

The consensus of opinion is that unless you work in Thailand and have held a work permit for a prescribed period, the chances of being issued with a Thai based credit card are negligible.

Some people have reported that if they tie up a sum of cash that some banks will issue you with a card with a limit of a percentage of the sum on deposit.

Try Kasikorn. The wife told me they had issused me one and I had to go and pick it up.

Erm I never applied for one and don't want one. Told them thanks but no thanks.

So they must be easy. rolleyes.gif

I have no idea about money back on petrol (I doubt it) , but robinsons and central department regularly give a further discounts on certain credit cards. I think power buy and some other place that won't come to mind at the moment do a well.

Try Kasikorn. The wife told me they had issused me one and I had to go and pick it up.

Erm I never applied for one and don't want one. Told them thanks but no thanks.

So they must be easy. rolleyes.gif

I have no idea about money back on petrol (I doubt it) , but robinsons and central department regularly give a further discounts on certain credit cards. I think power buy and some other place that won't come to mind at the moment do a well.

there actually are some kickbacks on petrol (caltex and PTT garages refund 3 % )

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok%20Bank/Personal%20Banking/Credit%20Card/Credit%20Cards/Platinum%20Visa%20card/Pages/Visa%20Platinum%20credit%20card.aspx

and several other benefits of using a thai credit card to pay to stuff

Despite banking with SCB for many years they refused a credit card unless I deposited twice the amount the would give me on a card, of course I refused and I tried kasikorn, despite not having an account with them they gave me a card. Once I had built up a credit history with the one card I found other banks falling over themselves to say yes, including scb.

In answer to your question, I think kasikorn would be the best option for your first try.

Despite banking with SCB for many years they refused a credit card unless I deposited twice the amount the would give me on a card, of course I refused and I tried kasikorn, despite not having an account with them they gave me a card. Once I had built up a credit history with the one card I found other banks falling over themselves to say yes, including scb.

In answer to your question, I think kasikorn would be the best option for your first try.

Always found Kasikorn bank most easy. But also depends on the branch....Some branch are more helpful that others.

Even then, extremely unlikely I would say.

The key here is not what assets you have, but what income streams you have - and residency status - to service the debt.

You might get lucky, but I wouldnt hold my breath.

Even then, extremely unlikely I would say.

The key here is not what assets you have, but what income streams you have - and residency status - to service the debt.

You might get lucky, but I wouldnt hold my breath.

The requested work permit, visa, bank statements for past 3 months showing salary going into the account, I also had my name on the Tabien Ban, letter from employer if i recall correctly.

I think you don't have a snowballs chance in hell without work permit etc.

I think you don't have a snowballs chance in hell without work permit etc.

There have been examples on previous threads where people without work permits, including those here on extensions of stay based on retirement, and have not been required the deposit a security deposit, have been issued with Credit Cards, but I think they are the exception to the rule, maybe they slipped thought the net.