Manchester United

redrus

2 minutes ago, champers said:

Bobby Moore is the best example and believe me Harry Maguire is no Bobby Moore. He can play the ball out and can score at set pieces. Unfortunately, he can't defend for toffee. Grossly overrated.

3 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

it's not 1995 Rick, you can't be slow in this league today.

Next time you watch Leicester see which defender gets pulled out and targeted. 

2 minutes ago, champers said:

Bobby Moore is the best example and believe me Harry Maguire is no Bobby Moore. He can play the ball out and can score at set pieces. Unfortunately, he can't defend for toffee. Grossly overrated.

I'm not basing my opinion of him just on bringing the ball out from the back. Been impressed with his defending too but I take your word for it that he's looked questionable recently.

It looks like Mourinho wanted him. But I guess we all know better than Jose do we? Wouldn't be the first time ????

Just now, RickG16 said:

I'm not basing my opinion of him just on bringing the ball out from the back. Been impressed with his defending too but I take your word for it that he's looked questionable recently.

It looks like Mourinho wanted him. But I guess we all know better than Jose do we? Wouldn't be the first time ????

I thought he looked a dud at first but I've watched him and I think he is a good old fashioned no nonsense defender who can play a bit too. He may be suffering of late due to a busy summer.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Well your captain seems to think he's knows better than Jose!!  He's now openly questioning how you play at Old Trafford and there will be many that agree with him.????

And to be fair,  Maguire really isn't a very good defender and neither you nor any of us actually know if he was anything more than a name that was thrown to Jose and who Jose waved away.  It might be that Jose knows better than you and doesn't rate him either!!!

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Gomes at Liverpool is a real class act, but he will not be joining any other Premier League team.

I like the look of Mason Holgate at Everton. He has an edge to him which I like in a defender, though he overdoes it at times. He has plenty time to improve.

I have seen West Ham's new Paraguayan CB Balbuena the last 2 weeks and he deserves to be followed. His partner, Diop, looks tasty as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well your captain seems to think he's knows better than Jose!!  He's now openly questioning how you play at Old Trafford and there will be many that agree with him.????

And to be fair,  Maguire really isn't a very good defender and neither you nor any of us actually know if he was anything more than a name that was thrown to Jose and who Jose waved away.  It might be that Jose knows better than you and doesn't rate him either!!!

Not true, it was widely reported in several reputable, and reliable newspapers that we were in for him. Leicester also responded by tying him up hastily to a contract. 

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Not true, it was widely reported in several reputable, and reliable newspapers that we were in for him. Leicester also responded by tying him up hastily to a contract. 

Several papers had you linked with Alderweirald for months.  Were they unreliable?  

6 minutes ago, champers said:

Gomes at Liverpool is a real class act, but he will not be joining any other Premier League team.

That lad had so much promise, I was really hoping he could fulfill his potential after being injured, He really looks the business now. And yeah, no price tag on that lad now.

4 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

That lad had so much promise, I was really hoping he could fulfill his potential after being injured, He really looks the business now. And yeah, no price tag on that lad now.

I forgot to mention Coady and Boly at Wolves. Any regrets about letting Coady leave Anfield?

31 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I thought he looked a dud at first but I've watched him and I think he is a good old fashioned no nonsense defender who can play a bit too. He may be suffering of late due to a busy summer.

He was garbage way before this summer. Ask Harry Kane.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, champers said:

I forgot to mention Coady and Boly at Wolves. Any regrets about letting Coady leave Anfield?

None. He was a midfielder and never really had the pace. Was never gonna make it at Anfield. Very proud of him though. He's done really well but still wouldn't get in front of VVD,Gomez etc.

• Like 1

Maguire lacks the panache of vvd and toby but as defenders go he has a lot to offer and would shore up the Defence at United. Yh he's not as good as those 2 but he's better than most defenders in the PL and he did not get in the England team on the basis of anything but being the best option and he proved the decision was a good one. 

Just watched the United v Wolves game for the second time.Its pretty obvious with a 0 goal difference and while the defence appears shaky at times they are simply are not scoring the goals they should .Possession figs not always are a reliable stat but it was 64 % in United's favour and shots on goal negligble.

To sum up there is simply no chemistry among attackers in the final third.Lukaku and Sanchez were so poor it was like playing with 9 men.Their overall player ratings were abysmal.

Valencia cant get down the right flank any more so everything is coming from the left flank,so predictable.......Oh for Zaha.... sold for 3 m

Its hard to believe that Sanchez could be so poor.He's rested and is just a shadow of what he was.

If I was Mourinho for mid week v Derby.I would bench Lukaku and stick Sanchez in the no 9 spot and be hinting he's on shaky ground.

Lampard may well feel United are vunerable ,play his best team,and surely Dalot, Jones ,Bailly and Young will be among likely starters in the back 4.

I suggest some are being a bit hard on Lindelof,he looks more than nervous totally different from his WC appearances when he was playing quality opposition,give him time.

No idea why people still going on about Maguire .He's made it very clear that Leceister is his home until he decides he wants out ,new contract ,more money whats the incentive to move ?

Until United start putting teams away after leading nothing is going to change but credit to Wolves, haven't seen a better team come up from the Championship for long time and playing the same side week in, week out.Without De Gea's usual heroics they well could have had 3 points.

Just now, Sparkles said:

Just watched the United v Wolves game for the second time.Its pretty obvious with a 0 goal difference and while the defence appears shaky at times they are simply are not scoring the goals they should .Possession figs not always are a reliable stat but it was 64 % in United's favour and shots on goal negligble.

To sum up there is simply no chemistry among attackers in the final third.Lukaku and Sanchez were so poor it was like playing with 9 men.Their overall player ratings were abysmal.

Valencia cant get down the right flank any more so everything is coming from the left flank,so predictable.......Oh for Zaha.... sold for 3 m

Its hard to believe that Sanchez could be so poor.He's rested and is just a shadow of what he was.

If I was Mourinho for mid week v Derby.I would bench Lukaku and stick Sanchez in the no 9 spot and be hinting he's on shaky ground.

Lampard may well feel United are vunerable ,play his best team,and surely Dalot, Jones ,Bailly and Young will be among likely starters in the back 4.

I suggest some are being a bit hard on Lindelof,he looks more than nervous totally different from his WC appearances when he was playing quality opposition,give him time.

No idea why people still going on about Maguire .He's made it very clear that Leceister is his home until he decides he wants out ,new contract ,more money whats the incentive to move ?

Until United start putting teams away after leading nothing is going to change but credit to Wolves, haven't seen a better team come up from the Championship for long time and playing the same side week in, week out.Without De Gea's usual heroics they well could have had 3 points.

Shocking comment from a united fan just utterly shocking.

"What's the incentive to move"

If that is not a sign of a team well and truly on a downward path I do not know what is.

But it's true, United simply do not have the glamour tag of yesteryear.

Just now, Jip99 said:

...but you know that they will get it back at some point....

I do not think it will be like before for them for a very long time. That era of domination coincided with a very strong set of academy graduates too and as good as rashford is, the rest still have question marks. Fergie was getting a much higher output from players too,  remember those twins he had two brazilch lads it might of been.

17 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I do not think it will be like before for them for a very long time. That era of domination coincided with a very strong set of academy graduates too and as good as rashford is, the rest still have question marks. Fergie was getting a much higher output from players too,  remember those twins he had two brazilch lads it might of been.

Not having a knock but Liverpool used to be like that in the 80s era, a mental goal up before the game started but weren't a Premier threat for almost 2 decades. Manu same in Fergie era, but since he left that aura has gone and nobody worries about playing them or visiting OT. Arsenal same during their Invincibles golden period but I think most us of would be happy to play them these days. Football is cyclical; Liverpool's time finally looks to be coming, and ManU and Arsenal will rise again.

Think R2D2 is also forgetting that the terrible ManU he likes to knock, finished 2nd last season above...

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:17 PM, Rc2702 said:

Shocking comment from a united fan just utterly shocking.

"What's the incentive to move"

If that is not a sign of a team well and truly on a downward path I do not know what is.

But it's true, United simply do not have the glamour tag of yesteryear.

What are you going on about? Obviously you dont understand that some players have loyalty, enjoy their work environment and financial return.Add his club made it abundantly clear that they were not going to sell at any price so he stays for the immediate future.Get over it.

Man U on a downward path ? doesn't say much for the 18 clubs that finished behind them last year does it ?

How you surmise that my comment is an indication of a club on a downward  path 6 games into the season is in your mind,not mine

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

What are you going on about? Obviously you dont understand that some players have loyalty, enjoy their work environment and financial return.Add his club made it abundantly clear that they were not going to sell at any price so he stays for the immediate future.Get over it.

Man U on a downward path ? doesn't say much for the 18 clubs that finished behind them last year does it ?

How you surmise that my comment is an indication of a club on a downward  path 6 games into the season is in your mind,not mine

???? :clap2: ????

3 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Lads been there a year. Had your man the equaliser stumped up enough he'd be in. You didn't and that is the only reason he did not move. No one's moving to utd for anything other than a better paycheck these days. Ask your star man alexis I'll score 5 goals this season Sanchez. 

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

Latest on pogba is interesting. 

We have a 3 man power struggle occurring like never before.

Pogba on jose

Woodward on jose

Jose on woody and pogba 

Who will win?

Tune in everyday until January 31st to find out.

Pogba is trying  to edge his way out. Carrying on with this provocative style knowing how to push Mourinhos buttons and eventually bring it to a head. 

• Like 2

Just now, Kadilo said:

Pogba is trying  to edge his way out. Carrying on with this provocative style knowing how to push Mourinhos buttons and eventually bring it to a head. 

But he's singing the attack tune which is interesting cos he's right and that cannot go unnoticed. He's not saying he's unhappy is he he's questioning the tactics and that's what everyone is doing with utd these days. With that group of players it should be more offensive.

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

But he's singing the attack tune which is interesting cos he's right and that cannot go unnoticed. He's not saying he's unhappy is he he's questioning the tactics and that's what everyone is doing with utd these days. With that group of players it should be more offensive.

Agreed but he’s definitely going out of his way to piss off and undermine the manager knowing there will only be one winner. 

Hes been playing social media and interview games for ages chipping away at Mourinho. 

There’s no doubts of his talent or his notion of they should be more attack minded but there’s ways of discussing it and he’s going out of his way to cause problems. 

16 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Agreed but he’s definitely going out of his way to piss off and undermine the manager knowing there will only be one winner. 

Hes been playing social media and interview games for ages chipping away at Mourinho. 

There’s no doubts of his talent or his notion of they should be more attack minded but there’s ways of discussing it and he’s going out of his way to cause problems. 

I can’t help thinking that Fergie sussed him...

Just now, Jip99 said:

I can’t help thinking that Fergie sussed him...

He got the job done at juventus and he led his country to glory at the WC. I think this lads got a point and a half and if pochetino was at utd all this rubbish would not be happening. Agreed it is not right but what exactly is right at utd these days?