Manchester United

redrus

Tevez: Worthy Of Our Support?

Manchester United News.net

At 13:30 on the 20th of September, presuming things all match up and go smoothly, Carlos Tevez will play at Old Trafford for the first time since the 0-0 draw with Arsenal last season which saw United claim a record equalling 18th league crown.

The only difference this time around is that Tevez won’t be wearing red…instead showing up in the sky blue colours of Manchester City, cross town rivals, managed by ex-red and Chelsea player, Sparky (Mark Hughes)

But many are wondering what sort of a reception he will receive. Bearing in mind that Sir Alex Ferguson, of all people, was booed in the second half of the Arsenal game last season when he substituted Tevez, some fans may not take the entire picture into account now that the Argentine has left the club.

After the Champions League final in Rome, Tevez openly complained to the media that he felt he should have started and was in simpler terms, blaming Sir Alex for the defeat.

When Tevez left, he claimed that United hadn’t done enough to try and make him stay, despite being offered mouth watering wages. Tevez jumped when he heard City were looking for him and has now followed the cash stream at Middle Eastlands.

With a massive portion of reds chanting, “Fergie sign him up! Fergie sign him up!” in the latter stages of the season, one wonders if they will reconsider and realise what Tevez has said and done.

Yesterday, Carlos claimed,

“I was there for two years and Sir Alex never called or sent any text messages in that time.”

I find that very hard to believe although does it really matter? Does Sir Alex have to hold your hand when you cross the road?

So now that Tevez has moved to City and abandoned a club that did want him to stay, how will you react to the ex-red next season when he arrives back at Old Trafford in the enemies colours?

I think it is safe to say that many who claimed “Fergie sign him up.” will be changing their views as the Argentine has seemingly shown his true colours.

redrus

Poor old Carlos, 2 miserable years at Old Trafford where he picked up a weekly wage most people dream about , a pocketful of medals he wouldn't have won anywhere else and adored by the fans . What a terrible time he has led. Now to add to that misery we find the manager didnt show enough love for him and didnt even talk to him. After watching Tevez's press conference its no wonder there was not much conversation betwen the two without a translator ever present.

It will be interesting to see where Carlos will sit in the pecking order with 10 strikers currently on the books at City . He has been described by Hughes as one of the worlds greatest strikers, really ?????? I must have been watching a different player for the last 2 years. I did see a good sub ,working his socks off,but spending so much time chasing the play he was very rarely in a position when possession was regained. As a marksman, sorry ,not in world class or anywhere near it.

City, Manchester City nobody knows your name.........................

Those pesky Canadians, I do hope they don't even know Manchester has two teams.....

That's how they always report stuff in the foreign tabloids Red. Like they will put "London, England" and then go on to talk about Arse. Or "Liverpool, England" andtalk about Liverpool or Everton. Or they will put " Brasilia, Brazil" and talk about Man City :)

Another young lad on his way

Eckersley Off To Burnley

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/spo..._off_to_burnley

I thought this lad showed promise in a few reserve games and a couple of 1st team outings. Evidently he wants a few more games to develop, and Burnley is probably a good place to start.

Yes you are spot on a very capable player who has come up through the Academy. I dont know of any other club that is producing the number of good youngsters that United are and letting them go to further their careers.Long may it continue

City, Manchester City nobody knows your name.........................

Those pesky Canadians, I do hope they don't even know Manchester has two teams.....

That's how they always report stuff in the foreign tabloids Red. Like they will put "London, England" and then go on to talk about Arse. Or "Liverpool, England" andtalk about Liverpool or Everton. Or they will put " Brasilia, Brazil" and talk about Man City :)

Hahaha, yesterday it actually "Manchester United" at the top in big red letters, barstewards....!

redrus

I dont know of any other club that is producing the number of good youngsters that United are and letting them go to further their careers.Long may it continue

Cough Cough... :D

Norwich....! :)

redrus

Another young lad on his way

Eckersley Off To Burnley

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/spo..._off_to_burnley

I thought this lad showed promise in a few reserve games and a couple of 1st team outings. Evidently he wants a few more games to develop, and Burnley is probably a good place to start.

For what little I saw of carrot top - he reminded me of a young Gary Neville. Hope he does well at Burnley.

I dont know of any other club that is producing the number of good youngsters that United are and letting them go to further their careers.Long may it continue

Cough Cough... :)

Yet another intelligent response from M .Singh. Please enlighten us as to who is producing more young players of the quality we have seen recently coming through Man United

Cough Cough... :)

Yet another intelligent response from M .Singh. Please enlighten us as to who is producing more young players of the quality we have seen recently coming through Man United

What's you problem with me Sparkles, you always seem to have a dig ??

So much bitterness with you Sweetheart & never a hint of a :D but i can handle it & will continue to educate the likes of you & others on the Forum ( redrus understood what i meant by my post ) & steer you away from your inaccuracies... :D

I tell you what, & for those without a Brain on the Forum & didn't understand what i meant, i'll spell it out for you...

Here's the answer to your question... :D

West Ham United Academy Players - 1973-2009

Full Internationals

Alvin Martin - England International

Frank Lampard - England International

Glen Johnson - England International

Jermain Defoe - England International

Joe Cole - England International

John Terry - England International

Kieran Richardson - England International

Paul Ince - England International

Ray Houghton - Rep of Ireland International

Richard Garcia - Australia International

Rio Ferdinand - England International

Tony Cottee - England International

Jack Collison - Wales International

Paul Konchesky - England International

Freddy Eastwood - Wales International

Grant McCann - Northern Ireland International

Adam Newton - St Kitts and Nevis International

Chris Coyne - Australia International

Michael Carrick - England International

English Top Division

Alan Curbishley - England U21 International

Alan Dickens - England U21 International

Anton Ferdinand - England U21 International

Bobby Barnes

Lee Hodges

Shaun Byrne - Rep of Ireland U21 International

Bobby Zamora - England U21 International

Eamonn Dolan - Rep of Ireland U21 International

Freddie Sears - England U20 International

Geoff Pike - FA Cup Winner

George Parris

James Tomkins - England U20 International

Junior Stanislas - England U19/U20 International

Kevin Keen

Kyle Reid - England U17/U18/U19 International

Mark Noble - England U21 International

Mervyn Day - FA Cup Winner

Paul Allen - FA Cup Winner

Paul Brush - FA Cup Winner

Steve Potts

Stuart Slater - England U21/B International

Danny Williamson

Jlloyd Samuel - England U21 International

Fitz Hall

Liam Ridgewell - England U19/U21 International

Emmanuel Omoyinmi

Elliott Ward

Everald La Ronde

Greg Campbell

Keith McPherson

Matthew Rush

Josh Payne

English 2nd Tier or Below

Billy Lansdowne Jr

Dale Banton

Lee Boylan

Nicky Morgan

Paul Kelly

Paul Marquis

Phil Brignull

Simon Livett

Steve Banks

Stevland Angus

Trent McClenahan - Australia U20/U23 International

Chris Cohen

Michael Ferrante - Australia U17/U20 International

Anwar Uddin

Gary Alexander

Leon Britton

Jamie Victory

Joe Widdowson

Darryl McMahon

Hogan Ephraim

Mark Smith

Simon Clarke

Tony Stokes

Terrell Forbes

Stephen Purches

Billy Mehmet

Izzy Iriekpen

Edited by MSingh

A United statement said: "Following the explosions in Jakarta - one of which was at the hotel the team were due to stay in - and based on advice received, the directors have informed the Indonesian FA that the club cannot fulfil the fixture in Jakarta on the 2009 Asia tour."

Maybe we can get the Thai team to take the night off so we can have a good old grudge match in Bangkok next Wednesday then?

Maybe we can get the Thai team to take the night off so we can have a good old grudge match in Bangkok next Wednesday then?

Yeah that would be fun - especially if Owen was on the team sheet! :)

Not likely though, different organisers. More likely they will visit Vietnam or even Australia. Too bad.

Gonna change your name to "Stats Man" singer.

Talk about a feeder club.. :)

Just replying correctly to inaccurate & deluded Posts Jimbo... :D

How is my reply to you inaccurate and deluded.

Your reply to a post of mine re United producing excellent youngsters in great numbers was "Cough Cough"

About as intelligent as when you posted "bawawbawabawa" etc etc etc to a previous post of mine. If you have intelligent accurate info share it with us in the original reply.You are educating me and others on this forum, your ego is obviously intact ! One would hope on this forum we can have an exchange of ideas/information but a great number of your posts are incredibly childish . Thai visa football forum obviously takes up a large slice of your life and good luck to you but spare me/some of us the meaningless drivel,please.

^ Give over lads you're both good posters, not sure how you got to this stage. :)

The inside track on Manchester United signing Mame Biram Diouf

By Oliver Pickup-Mirror 17/07/2009

- scouting report and video LINK

Manchester United’s newest recruit, Mame Biram Diouf, promises to offer Sir Alex Ferguson a bundle of power, pace and – with some fine-tuning – goals.

The 21-year-old striker, who has today signed for the Premier League champions from Molde FK, has netted 30 goals in 62 games since joining the Norwegian club in 2007.

Senegal Under-20 star Diouf began his career with ASC Diaraf and quickly caught the eye of the top European clubs’ scouts, believed to have included the likes of Arsenal, Feyenoord Rotterdam, FC Schalke 04, Borussia Dortmund, AFC Ajax and PSV Eindhoven.

On 12 July he underlined his talent by netting a hat-trick in the first nine games of a league game against Brann. He scored a fourth later in the game. In last week’s match, shown below, he showed good hustling skills, awareness and fantastic speed and clever finishing – with head and foot.

As those clubs coveting his talent stepped up their efforts to have his signature, Ferguson – who earlier this week had indicated that he would not be looking to sign any more players in the off-season – was forced to act.

“We signed a young player yesterday from Norway, who we’ve been looking at for two years,” Ferguson said on Friday. “We weren’t intending on signing anyone else after last week – we feel we have a full squad – but the situation accelerated to a point where other clubs started to make bids, so we had to decide whether we acted or didn’t act. We decided to act and he’ll be the last person we sign.”

Scouting Report-Mirror.co.uk

December 16, 1987

Born: December 10, 1987 (Aged 21)

Height: 6’1”

Position: Striker

League Clubs

2007 – present Molde FK 62 appearances, 30 goals

redrus

What the Papers Say: Seventh wonder

17/07/2009 MUFC.com

Ronaldo: Owen will fill my shirt

Cristiano Ronaldo has backed Sir Alex Ferguson's decision to hand Michael Owen the No 7 shirt, insisting the surprise free transfer is worthy of wearing Manchester United's most famous jersey. Having inherited the number from David Beckham, Ronaldo knows a thing or two about pulling on one of the most revered shirts in football.

Speaking from Real's training camp close to Dublin, Ronaldo said: "Michael Owen is an experienced player who has played for some of the biggest clubs. He doesn't have to feel extra pressure just because he has the No 7. I think Manchester United did well giving him the shirt. He is a great player and an English player and he has everything you need to win. It was a good decision to give him the No 7."

Simon Cass, Daily Mail

Meanwhile, The Times claim United have cooled their pursuit of Brazilian forward Douglas Costa amid frustration at the exorbitant demands of Gremio. United opened negotiations with Gremio last month, but discussions are unlikely to resume this summer unless the Brazilian club dramatically reduce their £20million asking price.

In his column for The Sun, former England boss Terry Venables says Samuel Eto'o is the man to fill the void left by Ronaldo and Tevez. Sky Sports are reporting, however, that Barca striker Eto'o is on his way to Inter Milan with Zlatan Ibrahimovic going in the opposite direction.

Round up by Gemma Thompson

redrus

^ Give over lads you're both good posters, not sure how you got to this stage. :D

Agreed. Guess there must be history cos i really can't see why Sparkles is getting upset over a "cough cough". If you are looking for a reason to get pissed off with Singhy, go check out his last few posts in the Man City thread! :)

1923.png

I'm not sure how he pronounces his first name, but if it's anything like the musical of the same name, we could be in for some good singing.... :)

Here's the original if you'd like to get the lads to start rewriting new lyrics RR...

Chorus:

You coax the blues right out of the horn, Mame,

You charm the husk right off of the corn, Mame,

You've got that banjoes strummin'

And plunkin' out a tune to beat the band,

The whole plantation's hummin'

Since you brought Dixie back to Dixie land.

You make the cotton easy to pick, Mame,

You give my old mint julep a kick, Mame,

Who ever thought a Yankee would put

A little Dixie mouse to shame.

You've made us feel alive again,

You've given us the drive again,

To make the South revive again, Mame.

Beauregard Burnside:

You've brought the cake-walk back into style, Mame

You make the weepin' willow tree smile, Mame,

Your skin is Dixie satin,

There's rebel in your manner and your speech,

You may be from Manhattan,

But Georgia never had a sweeter peach.

All:

You make our black-eyed peas and our grits, Mame,

Seem like the bill of fare at the Ritz, Mame,

You came, you saw, you conquered

And absolutely nothing is the same.

You're special fascination'll prove to be inspirational,

We think you're just sensational, Mame.

You coax the blues right out of the horn, Mame,

You charm the husk right off of the corn, Mame,

You've got that banjoes strummin'

And plunkin' out a tune to beat the band,

The whole plantation's hummin'

You make the cotton easy to pick, Mame,

You give my old mint julep a kick, Mame,

Who ever thought a Yankee would put

A little Dixie mouse to shame.

You've made us feel alive again,

You've given us the drive again,

To make the South revive again, Mame.

Mame! Mame! Mame! Mame!

Yeah that would be fun - especially if Owen was on the team sheet! :D

I wonder how much the value of the tickets would increase :)

^ Give over lads you're both good posters, not sure how you got to this stage. :D

Agreed. Guess there must be history cos i really can't see why Sparkles is getting upset over a "cough cough". If you are looking for a reason to get pissed off with Singhy, go check out his last few posts in the Man City thread! :D

Oi, put your big wooden spoon away....! :)

:D

redrus

Prayers answered....?

Hargreaves close to comeback

Author: Andrew Allen-17 July 2009

Manchester United expect Owen Hargreaves to be back in contention for a first-team place in September.The 28-year-old England midfielder has been sidelined since last September with tendinitis problems in his knees.

United decided the best course of action to cure the long-standing problem was surgery on both knees and Hargreaves is now beginning to return to training.

Should he suffer no setback then manager Sir Alex Ferguson believes he could step up his comeback during a pre-season tournament in Germany in two weeks' time.

"We're happy with his rehabilitation and while he won't be ready to play in Munich, he will train," Ferguson said.

"I think we're looking at the end of September depending on how he reacts."

Hargreaves has started only 25 games since arriving at Old Trafford in a £25million deal from Bayern Munich two years ago.

Meanwhile, Nemanja Vidic could also feature in Germany after missing the club's current Asia tour with a slight ankle problem.

New signing Luis Antonio Valencia has also been pencilled in for his United debut during the same series of games after red tape held up his attempt to secure a work permit following his £18million move from Wigan Athletic.

Sport.co.uk

redrus

Gonna change your name to "Stats Man" singer.

Talk about a feeder club.. :)

Just replying correctly to inaccurate & deluded Posts Jimbo... :D

How is my reply to you inaccurate and deluded.

Your reply to a post of mine re United producing excellent youngsters in great numbers was "Cough Cough"

About as intelligent as when you posted "bawawbawabawa" etc etc etc to a previous post of mine. If you have intelligent accurate info share it with us in the original reply.You are educating me and others on this forum, your ego is obviously intact ! One would hope on this forum we can have an exchange of ideas/information but a great number of your posts are incredibly childish . Thai visa football forum obviously takes up a large slice of your life and good luck to you but spare me/some of us the meaningless drivel,please.

It's inaccurate because you insinutaed that no Club produces Players through their Academy that go on to play Professional Football as much as your Club does, i very politely Posted " Cough Cough " & a :D becuase i thought you may have forgotton, & knew the Team who i support ( West Ham ) & the context of it was completely non offensive given the :D at the end..

I thought you'd pick up on that fact i was giving you a " wink wink, nudge nudge, cough cough " hint towards West Ham but i was wrong, you didn't & just accused me of being Childish again..

If you didn't see it for what it was & how it was meant to be, fine, but redrus did & for you to call that Childish etc is wrong in my opinion & i'd hope you see that now i've explained it.. :D

No need to persistently dig me out Fella because you do do that & i'm not the only one that has noticed it.

But i'm cool & am big enough to apologise for any misunderstanding & hope you can now see where i was coming from & how your insinuation, after my expalnation, was inaccurate.. :D

Peace ??

No need to persistently dig me out Fella because you do do that & i'm not the only one that has noticed it.

But i'm cool & am big enough to apologise for any misunderstanding & hope you can now see where i was coming from & how your insinuation, after my expalnation, was inaccurate.. :D

Peace ??

Two things i'm noticing more of late in the football forum Singhy is 1)little chummy cliques and 2)people out to settle old scores.

Sometimes you might say something extremely innocuous and yet get a rather extreme or haughty reaction. I guess it's possible that sometime in the past you have said something that another member has taken offence at, even though you are oblivious. I'm not saying that is what has happened in the case with you and Sparky, but obviously something is going on. I must admit i couldn't understand his reaction to your "cough", and i couldn't understand your reaction to his comments about Tevez. Both reactions seemed a little extreme tbh - just my opinion.

Anyway, that's enough meddling for me for one day - don't wanna be accused again of exposing my "spoon" - which i'm told is rather large. :)

Really just wanted to send the same message of peace that you ended your post with. Put aside your petty differences people and lets get back to slagging each other off in the right spirit. :D

whu have always had a rivalry with united ever since 67 when united took there whole ground remember 76 there when they wanmted revenge and got in with united as a young un there very scarry,remember looking through the chicken run and seeing west ham going up the stairs and comming in at the back and down on united,and united spilling on the pitch.

maybe singhy has some deep down hatred for united.

come on singhy we aqre all friendly on here!