Manchester United

redrus

if you watch green street anyone knows west ham are the big boys in the uk. :)

Apart from probably being the worse film ever made. It's particularly slagged-off by those, now middle aged, West Ham ICF (Inter City Firm) members who were involved at the time. And believe me that's poor recommendation indeed from those whose lives evolved around it.

post-20082-1248073142.jpg

PS

apologies to redrus, et al , for attempting to "take " your thread.

Edited by Happy Hammer

all this hooligan debate is a hoot

if you watch green street anyone knows west ham are the big boys in the uk.

taught everyone a lesson. thats why in texas we only support real soccer teams with tough fans . not like those manure fans sit down eat tuna bread all day.

wont last five minute at the NFL. only west ham who could give us a run

green street boys texas branch

LOL, you plum.

And in America's Next Top Model poster, texancowboy comes........................ 2nd.

if you watch green street anyone knows west ham are the big boys in the uk. :)

Apart from probably being the worse film ever made. It's particularly slagged-off by those, now middle aged, West Ham ICF (Inter City Firm) members who were involved at the time. And believe me that's poor recommendation indeed from those whose lives evolved around it.

post-20082-1248073142.jpg

PS

apologies to redrus, et al , for attempting to "take " your thread.

Well said.

No worries HH its nice to get some close season action...... :D

redrus

But that's not my attitude, thankfully, as i'm a realist... :D

I'd be more p*ssed off i was a Supporter of " allegedly " the greatest Club in the World & i couldn't keep hold of the greatest Player in the World to be honest.. :D

MSingh, I agree with a lot of things you say, your examples are good ones and your club continues to on in its own way, producing talent. Thanks for a few of them.... :D

I find it hard to believe however, what you posted above. You know aswell as anyone, Ronnie since day one at United never denied his desire to play for Madrid, as yours was to play for West Ham maybe. His boyhood dream was never to play for Manchester United although, in doing so he freely admits is the worlds best player because of. There's enough baiting going on at the moment mate without that.... :)

Take a step back gents....!

redrus

:D

Though that would get a bite from someone... :D

Not too sure how, in truth, a Portugese Boy would really want to grow up playing for a Madrid Club but you never know so i don't necessarily believe Mr R 100% when he give it all that one..

Just like when Joey Cole joined Chelsea & he said he used to stand in their Shed End when he was 10 & cheer them on, when it was in fact Terraced at that time..

You know what i mean.. :D

For whatever reason, Boyhood dreams or not, you could not hold on to the best Player in the World & sold him to a Club that will rival you next Season for the greatest prize in Club Football & there's no denying that, no matter how you shape it up..

Thats why I said I thought it "hard to believe" mate....

I agree again but, the Fact remains, that is what HE stated right from the start.

Boyhood dreams or not, we've sold our best players to them before and gone on to be better. Van Nistlerooy went after scoring a hatfull of goals but, we'd not won anything for three years and went on to win the league "with kids". Ronaldo has gone, for £80 million. Best player in the world or not, Fergie thinks the team will be better off without him, I agree with and trust him.....

redrus

Edited by redrus

MSingh, I agree with a lot of things you say, your examples are good ones and your club continues to on in its own way, producing talent. Thanks for a few of them.... :D

I find it hard to believe however, what you posted above. You know aswell as anyone, Ronnie since day one at United never denied his desire to play for Madrid, as yours was to play for West Ham maybe. His boyhood dream was never to play for Manchester United although, in doing so he freely admits is the worlds best player because of. There's enough baiting going on at the moment mate without that.... :)

Take a step back gents....!

redrus

Though that would get a bite from someone... :D

Not too sure how, in truth, a Portugese Boy would really want to grow up playing for a Madrid Club but you never know so i don't necessarily believe Mr R 100% when he give it all that one..

Just like when Joey Cole joined Chelsea & he said he used to stand in their Shed End when he was 10 & cheer them on, when it was in fact Terraced at that time..

You know what i mean.. :D

For whatever reason, Boyhood dreams or not, you could not hold on to the best Player in the World & sold him to a Club that will rival you next Season for the greatest prize in Club Football & there's no denying that, no matter how you shape it up..

Thats why I said I thought it "hard to believe" mate....

I agree again but, the Fact remains, that is what HE stated right from the start.

Boyhood dreams or not, we've sold our best players to them before and gone on to be better. Van Nistlerooy went after scoring a hatfull of goals but, we'd not won anything for three years and went on to win the league "with kids". Ronaldo has gone, for £80 million. Best player in the world or not, Fergie thinks the team will be better off without him, I agree with and trust him.....

redrus

So do i Mate, & as i suggested, i was only Fishing when i said it.. :D

It's weird but i too believe that you'll be better for getting rid, i thought some of his antics last Year were so " Non Team Player " it was untrue, yeah he's mustard, everyone knows that, but Man Ure are a little bit more than that, they're one of the best Football Club's in the World, undoubtedly, & no on'e sbigger than the Club..

Man Ure will do just fine without him, i do believe you could have maybe spent a bit more this Window ( you still might ) but only a Foold would bet against Man Ure winning Trophies next Year & there's no way i'd do that.. :D

Don't you just love Iccle Ciddy............ :)

A Vital Manchester City reader from down under sent us (Vital Football.com) the following:

The following quote from the New Zealand Sun newspaper made me start thinking:

'While City draw large crowds of 'real' fans, good Manchester folk who know their football, a large percentage of United's support are prawn sandwich-munching corporate and bandwagon-jumping foreigners who wouldn't know one end of a corner kick from the other.'

So would this be the kind of entry requirement for membership of the Manchester United supporters Club?

APPLICATION FORM FOR MUFC SUPPORTERS CLUB

I wish to become a Manchester United supporter and I confirm that:

1) I was born nowhere near Manchester and am prepared to show no loyalty to teams located in my local area.

2) I confirm that I know absolutely nothing about football and will never seek to improve on my ignorance.

3) I am a pretentious glory seeker and have rejected supporting my local team on the grounds that they might not give me enough reflected kudos.

4) I am prepared to eat prawn sandwiches and totally reject meat pies, burger and chips and pints of beer on the grounds that these reflect the traits of true football fans from other clubs.

5) I will buy a replica shirt at least twice a year and appreciate the kindness of the club in regularly changing the design, of transferring Ronaldo and Tevez and of increasing prices in the Club shop, in the interests of us supporters.

6) I am only interested in winning and will sulk unreservedly if we do not win every game. Equally I will stop watching matches if we do not win regularly and will switch my allegiance to another team if they look more likely to win trophies.

7) I will never publicly admit that Sir Alex Ferguson may have Alzheimer`s disease, that the Glazers have no money and that the club is in huge debt and that our best days may well be over.

8) I am a total t**t.

Signed....................

Awe, couldn't mange 10.... :D

redrus

Troll Posts and the answers to them deleted.

:)

United 0-2 up now, Macheda and Owen.

Good game so far. You can find it in the usual online places, if you're not sure PM me and I can direct you.

redrus

7) I will never publicly admit that Sir Alex Ferguson may have Alzheimer`s disease, that the Glazers have no money and that the club is in huge debt and that our best days may well be over.

I suppose number 7 could have split into 3 or 4 :)

I suppose number 7 could have split into 3 or 4 :)

Nah, definately all comes under the "I will never" banner........... :D

redrus

Blimey Red, I though they would all come under that one. Especially the "I will never publicly admit" bit :)

Please remember this comes from a City fan mate...... :D

redrus

What a response for Wayne Rooney, loudest cheer of the day when he's just come on and its been a good crowd performance.

Nearly scores and the crowd go mental, amazing.... :)

redrus

Man City not a threat - Ferguson on BBC Sport

Ferguson believes Manchester City will struggle to challenge United this season

Sir Alex Ferguson believes Manchester City will pose little threat to Manchester United's Premier League crown this season.

City manager Mark Hughes has spent millions building a squad he hopes is capable of breaking into the top four.

But United manager Ferguson said: "It won't be easy for them to win anything, even with the players they have bought.

"I can't look at them as our main competitors. Liverpool and Chelsea are our main competitors."

Emmanuel Adebayor is the latest addition to City's squad, which has already been boosted by the arrival of Gareth Barry, Roque Santa Cruz and former United favourite Carlos Tevez.

Striker Adebayor was signed from Arsenal for about £25m, midfielder Barry came from Aston Villa for £12m, Paraguayan frontman Santa Cruz cost £18m from Blackburn, while City paid £25m for Tevez.

Many United fans are unhappy at Tevez's departure but Ferguson feels the Argentine was not worth the money his advisers wanted to turn his "lease" period into a permanent deal.

"I didn't think he was worth £25m - that's just my judgement, maybe I am wrong," stated Ferguson.

"The fans quite rightly have their heroes and I respect them, so I was happy to go along with a deal as long as it was the right one - but he was simply not worth £25m."

Hughes, who already has Brazilian forward Robinho in his squad, also wants to strengthen City's defence.

He has had an approach for Everton's Joleon Lescott rejected and is keen to land Chelsea captain John Terry.

Arsenal have the biggest job to do because they have sold Adebayor and don't seem to have the money the rest have

Ferguson says Terry would be a good addition.

"If I was in City's shoes, with all that kind of money, then I would have a go at that," he revealed. "I think it's sensible. He has experience and is the England captain.

"For some reason they must have known that he was interested. I am sure there have been plenty of phone calls going on."

While City continue to splash the cash, United have kept transfer dealings to a minimum.

They have sold winger Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid for a world record £80m and have so far acquired Michael Owen, Antonio Valencia and Gabriel Obertan.

But Ferguson still believes the only place City can challenge his side is in the battle for newspaper headlines and believes Hughes will have a hard time trying to make his team gel.

"They have bought a lot of high-profile players but they have 10 strikers," said the Scot.

"That is a hel_l of a lot. I have not spoken to all the managers but the one or two I have are saying 'Who are they going to leave out?'

"How does he pick a team? We are all interested."

Ferguson also thinks Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger faces a huge challenge following the loss of star striker Adebayor to City.

"Arsenal have the biggest job to do because they have sold Adebayor and don't seem to have the money the rest have," said Ferguson.

"How Arsene develops his team will be his biggest test.

"The one thing we know about Arsenal is that they will play some of the best football you will see and create chances. They could easily re-establish themselves and challenge for the league again."

redrus

Ferguson won't rule out Ronaldo return

Jul 21 2009-Journallive.co.uk

Sir Alex Ferguson has not written off the prospect of Cristiano Ronaldo returning to Manchester United one day.

Ronaldo began a new phase in his career on Monday night when he made his debut for Real Madrid in a scrappy 1-0 win over Shamrock Rovers. Real paid a world record £80million to let Ronaldo fulfil his childhood dream and turn out for the Madrid giants.

But Ferguson said: "He may come back, you never know. Sometimes it happens that way. He loved United. If you look back at the six years he had with us, he never missed training."

He added: "That's one of the things he has above all other players - he was never injured, he always played.

"And his best is yet to come. He is only 24."

Many United fans have already claimed they are happy to see Ronaldo go given his increasingly individual approach, particularly as it allows Wayne Rooney to resume the central attacking berth he craves.

However, Ferguson is not joining those now attempting to rewrite history.

Describing Ronaldo's exit as "a massive loss", the United manager paid a glowing tribute to the player he still regards as number one on the planet, even if the title which currently belongs to the former Red Devil is likely to be inherited by Lionel Messi this winter.

"Cristiano is a massive loss," said Ferguson. "I have nothing but praise for the boy. He is easily the best player in the world. He is better than Kaka and better than Messi. He is streets ahead of them all.

"His contribution as a goal threat is unbelievable. His stats are incredible. Strikes at goal, attempts on goal, raids into the penalty box, headers. It is all there. Absolutely astounding."

redrus

Sir Alex Ferguson has not written off the prospect of Cristiano Ronaldo returning to Manchester United one day.

I've always felt the same about Rio going back to West Ham. Problem is that -- if at all -- it'd be nearing the end of his playing career.

But Ronaldo back to Man u ? I couldn't see that happening really. Not least because , sensibly, he probably feels more comfortable in a "continental" setting after living in the England , and will obviously always be in demand by those that could afford him.

This story had me chuckling awhile. :)

That kid makes Tevez look like a fcuken Calvin Klein model, what an ugly little chavvy!

What makes you think the baby a chav ?

As there isnt really anything football to talk about and its only the Man U thread i'll answer this.

A Chavvy is Pikey talk for a baby, unfortunately i was brought up 500 metres from a Gypsy site and picked up some of the lingo.

A Chav is Guardian Newspaper readers speak for a child brought up on a less the desirable housing estate who behaves like a scumbag.

Edited by sanmiguellight

I dont mind you Hammer guys waxing your legs lyrically on our thread about Tevez (it was fun while it lasted), but he is a ciddeh player now, go bug Mr. BJ with this stuff.

An which part of north east England is "ciddeh" presisely ? :D

btw

if you wish to mimic the Manchurian dialect , it's better transcribed as 'Citeh'. :)

This story had me chuckling awhile. :)

That kid makes Tevez look like a fcuken Calvin Klein model, what an ugly little chavvy!

What makes you think the baby a chav ?

As there isnt really anything football to talk about and its only the Man U thread i'll answer this.

A Chavvy is Pikey talk for a baby, unfortunately i was brought up 500 metres from a Gypsy site and picked up some of the lingo.

A Chav is Guardian Newspaper readers speak for a child brought up on a less the desirable housing estate who behaves like a scumbag.

Neither socially or linguistically aware, nor a Guardian reader it transpires. But definitely holding some very questionable prejudices. End

I dont mind you Hammer guys waxing your legs lyrically on our thread about Tevez (it was fun while it lasted), but he is a ciddeh player now, go bug Mr. BJ with this stuff.

btw

if you wish to mimic the Manchurian dialect , it's better transcribed as 'Citeh'. :)

I think you mean Mancunian !

Unless I'm mixing it up with a movie about a bloke from

Moss Side "The Manchurian Candidate" ... :D

Edited by LeungKen

btw

I think you mean Mancunian !

unless I'm mixing it up with a movie about a bloke from

Moss side "The Manchurian Candidate" ... :D

Well you know, the funny accent of those who live norf of the Watford junction somewhere where it rains a lot.

PS

Suppose that you must be from around that way too if you support Manchester United ? :D

Edited by Happy Hammer

btw

Iccle Ciddy is spoken in Manchester HH as well as Citeh although, Manchuria is a historical name given to a vast geographic region in northeast Asia hence, Manchurian.

Maybe you are thinking of the Roman 'Mancunia' hence Mancunian....?

And James has never even been to Manchester........

redrus

btw

Well, its east of old trafford. :D citeh, shiddy whatever. I know things are quiet on the hammer front, but I hear the icelandic banks have been recapitalised by the government. :D

Iccle Ciddy is spoken in Manchester HH as well as Citeh although, Manchuria is a historical name given to a vast geographic region in northeast Asia hence, Manchurian.

Thanks for your clarifications there. But we tend to write "Citeh" with one or more 'E's'. Must admit to never encountering "ciddeh" before though.

Although I was slightly shocked too hear that James has never been to Manchester -- perhaps he aimed to, but ended up in Middlesbrough instead. :D

Same colour shirts anyway. :D

Thanks for your clarifications there. But we tend to write "Citeh" with one or more 'E's'. Must admit to never encountering "ciddeh" before though.

Although I was slightly shocked too hear that James has never been to Manchester -- perhaps he aimed to, but ended up in Middlesbrough instead. :D

Same colour shirts anyway. :D

Hey MC Hammer, get it right, I have been to Manchester, just not to Old Trafford.