Manchester United

redrus

YES! Long live Bayern!

Finally all the English teams are out of the Champions League.

I am sure your newspaper "Sun" would title: German Panzer crushed Manchester. Isn't it?!

At least "The Continent" can play out the champion amongst itself, not being "disturbed" by some clubs from the island.

Now we know who the creme of european football is, Spain, France, Italy and OF COURSE Germany.

Good bye Britain, see you anytime next season.

and this no doubt from a season long Shalke supporter :)

Hallo BKK James,

with view to the present standings in the Bundesliga table I would "love" to be a supporter of Schalke 04 and especially their manager Felix Magath.

But unfortunately I am a deeply frustrated supporter of the Hamburger SV. Despite the support of Van the Man the HSV seems not capable to reach at least a qualification spot for the Europa League for next season.

For you Manchester fans last night was the "Night of Truth". For Hamburg it will be tonight with the return leg of the match against Luettich. The HSV won the home leg 2:1 but I have little hopes for the squad to advance. Let's wait and see.

Anyway also to you thanks for your concern.

I guess this is where we differ. If Chelsea / Liverpool/ Arsenal were to make it to the final, I wouldnt be cheering for them. But thanks for your concern. :D

So Mr Hamburger,why don't you start a Hamburger SV thread up and we can discuss your teams history and acheivements or would you rather talk about Bayern and your national team here on the Manchester United thread?

And i as one will be following the progress of Bayern in this years Champions league final,unfortunately the outcome will be the same as 1999 for Bayern i am afraid though!

Forgive me a second for thinking back..... to me and many thousand reds in the german end on that sticky night in the Nou Camp......German players celebrating before the end of the match with there supporters...taking great pleasure in thinking they had won the cup....but NO! THE GREAT COMEBACK! many germans amongst me crying in disbelief that there dream had been snatched away from them at the very end of injury time...(you would of thought they would of learned from that).i saw a something similar last night at Old Trafford,boasting and high fives all round not very sporting while a match is live and still in the balance....this my German friend is why you are looked down upon in the european football world,unsporting behaviour at its worst celebrating before the final whistle and why the English tabloid press treat are relationship with your country with distain....it is not all about the war....most of it stems from your pig ignorant attitude which is all to evident in your gloating few posts here!

I hope Hamburg SV get through for you tonight as i have no sour grapes 1999 put paid to that,i know i will not attend a game that ment so much and delivered like a sting in the tale again in my life,i consider myself lucky to have witnessed it....you like a lot of Germans are still bitter about that night :)

Slight correction if I may Lotus. It should be "Goodbye England". We don't like being called Britain with regards to Football :D

In the Olympics?

We don't compete in the Olympics in Football :)

Edited by mrbojangles

Slight correction if I may Lotus. It should be "Goodbye England". We don't like being called Britain with regards to Football :)

In the Olympics?

WE? hasn't your country just held the Olympics?........oh what a goal by Robben! :D

So Mr Hamburger,why don't you start a Hamburger SV thread up and we can discuss your teams history and acheivements or would you rather talk about Bayern and your national team here on the Manchester United thread?

:)

Hallo,

from you joining date I can see that you are relatively new here in the Thai Visa Forum. And so I would like to inform you that indeed I started a thread about the HSV quite some time back. But after a few months I found that there were only few supporters especially of the HSV. So I stopped writing.

But anyway thanks for your suggestion. Maybe a thread about the Bundesliga in general might be of some more interest to other Germans. But we always have to keep in mind that the "tread language" English is not our mother tongue and that is maybe why not many Germans might post here. And those who post must not necessarily be soccer fans.

Lesson number 1..Join date.....do not assume anything by my join date!

2....German football is not very entertaining that is the reason nobody wants to talk about it.

3....Hamburg SV....enlighten me apart from Kevin(i 'd love it)Keegan what is there to talk about?

4....That is why you like talking about the English premier league and of course M.U.F.C is it not?

Slight correction if I may Lotus. It should be "Goodbye England". We don't like being called Britain with regards to Football :)

Hallo Mr. Bojangles,

I think you touch there a very sensitive subject to us "continental Europeans". Let me ask you: If there would be a Welsh, Scottish or Northern Ireland team amongst the last 4 of the Champions League, whom would you support? Hm?

You should be happy to have 4 British teams. If you look a little back in history, there were 2 German national teams, the eastern German DDR and the west German BRD. But after reunification we OF COURSE gave up one team and play now only with one national team. How about to "reunite" Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland in a single British team. That would at least avoid any misunderstandings in the naming (English vs. British).

Slight correction if I may Lotus. It should be "Goodbye England". We don't like being called Britain with regards to Football :D

In the Olympics?

WE? hasn't your country just held the Olympics?........oh what a goal by Robben! :D

My country plays hockey mate, and some other sport called soccer :)

2....German football is not very entertaining that is the reason nobody wants to talk about it.

3....Hamburg SV....enlighten me apart from Kevin(i 'd love it)Keegan what is there to talk about?

4....That is why you like talking about the English premier league and of course M.U.F.C is it not?

Hallo,

1. o.k. fine, I do not assume anything about your joining date. But obviously fact is that you overlooked my HSV thread.

2. As far as I am aware the number of spectators in the Geman stadiums outnumber the number of spectators in the UK. About international TV viewers I have no information.

3. Oh yes, Kevin, strangely called only in Germany "The Mighty Mouse" is still very fondly remembered in Hamburg. And maybe it sliped your attention, but Ruud van Nistelroy joined the HSV recently.

4. To come back to ManU, I can tell you that Olic (2 times scorer against Manchester!) as well as van Buyten and Butt, to name just a few, were all previously Hamburg players. But Bayern with its financial power can "buy" whomever they want (Gomez). This is not nice, but it is fact.

And by the way, I talk about Manchester because they were just last night kicked out of the Champions League by Bayern. Oh yes, not to forget, I of course watched the game between ManU and Chelsea (Ballack). Maybe you can help me, I just forgot what the final score was.

Hallo,

1. o.k. fine, I do not assume anything about your joining date. But obviously fact is that you overlooked my HSV thread.

2. As far as I am aware the number of spectators in the Geman stadiums outnumber the number of spectators in the UK. About international TV viewers I have no information.

3. Oh yes, Kevin, strangely called only in Germany "The Mighty Mouse" is still very fondly remembered in Hamburg. And maybe it sliped your attention, but Ruud van Nistelroy joined the HSV recently.

4. To come back to ManU, I can tell you that Olic (2 times scorer against Manchester!) as well as van Buyten and Butt, to name just a few, were all previously Hamburg players. But Bayern with its financial power can "buy" whomever they want (Gomez). This is not nice, but it is fact.

And by the way, I talk about Manchester because they were just last night kicked out of the Champions League by Bayern. Oh yes, not to forget, I of course watched the game between ManU and Chelsea (Ballack). Maybe you can help me, I just forgot what the final score was.

So I get it, anything good is German. You probably have alot of Thai friends the way you change allegiances by the hour. One week Hamburg, next week Bayern, the week after will be Inter - no wait Sneider is Dutch. :)

I had to laugh when Ferguson accused the Bayern players of "typical of Germans" to their surrounding of the referee before the Rafael sending off.I counted a Frenchman, a few Dutchmen and Russian in the mix but no Germans.Incidently,those Respect banners around the ground need to be ripped up and burnt for what use they've been this season.

I had to laugh when Ferguson accused the Bayern players of "typical of Germans" to their surrounding of the referee before the Rafael sending off.I counted a Frenchman, a few Dutchmen and Russian in the mix but no Germans.

I thought the same

I had to laugh when Ferguson accused the Bayern players of "typical of Germans" to their surrounding of the referee before the Rafael sending off.I counted a Frenchman, a few Dutchmen and Russian in the mix but no Germans.

I thought the same

Does anyone else remember Keane, Neville et el surrounding the referee in a premier game. Sir does have a short memory does'nt he.

I thought the same

Does anyone else remember Keane, Neville et el surrounding the referee in a premier game. Sir does have a short memory does'nt he.

Indeed he does. Probably had a few Bottles of Whisky and several cases of Red Whine (pun intended) since then :)

So I get it, anything good is German. You probably have alot of Thai friends the way you change allegiances by the hour. One week Hamburg, next week Bayern, the week after will be Inter - no wait Sneider is Dutch. :)

Hallo BKK James,

Maybe you overlooked that just in a previous thread I wrote that I not only watch my national matches but also matches of other nations. That does by no means justify your assumption that I change my allegiances by the hour. As I said I am a supporter of the HSV. But if Bayern advances against one of the worlds most renown teams to the semi finals, I will praise Bayern. I am just interested in a good soccer match. As simple as that.

But I have to admit that I did not get the meaning of your statement "Anything good is German". Do you mean beside soccer? Or just the semis of the Champions League (there are 3 other nations represented)? Please elaborate.

And please refrain from any statements regarding my Thai friends. O.K.?!

Oh, by the way and just to please you a tiny little bit: Good luck to Fulham.

What on earth might you be suggesting?

Making assumptions about me from my join date,clear?

Yes, i think so... what i'm not clear on is why you would be advertising what you are implying.

What on earth might you be suggesting?

Making assumptions about me from my join date,clear?

Yes, i think so... what i'm not clear on is why you would be advertising what you are implying.

Rix...where have i been implying anything mate?

I think your imagination is getting the better of you! :)

I thought the same

He certainly does, maybe it's not altzeimers but old timers, of course Neville didn't chase after the ref at Old Trafford this year demanding more than a yellow for Mascherano.

Ferguson didn't bother the fourth official over the same incident, and then whine on about it for days.

Thing is it's Ferguson whose taught his own players to behave in the way he's slagging the Germans off for....

PS...BKKjames, gracious in defeat for a RED SHIRT, just wish there were more like ya.

He certainly does, maybe it's not altzeimers but old timers, of course Neville didn't chase after the ref at Old Trafford this year demanding more than a yellow for Mascherano.

Ferguson didn't bother the fourth official over the same incident, and then whine on about it for days.

Thing is it's Ferguson whose taught his own players to behave in the way he's slagging the Germans off for....

PS...BKKjames, gracious in defeat for a RED SHIRT, just wish there were more like ya.

Stop the press! A manager has been hypocritical.

good match that. fair to say that mister ferguson got it badly wrong? swapping all three seasoned pros out for three youngsters? albeit nani did bag a brace. don't think you go that arrogant against a coach of van gaal's class to be honest.

good match that. fair to say that mister ferguson got it badly wrong? swapping all three seasoned pros out for three youngsters? albeit nani did bag a brace. don't think you go that arrogant against a coach of van gaal's class to be honest.

The way the three seasoned pros played against Chelsea, i think it was a perfectly reasonable decision to make and nothing to do with arrogance. I also think that excluding the red card nonsense for Rafael, the changes made to the team had a positive effect on the way we played, especially in the first half.

I know this is ifs and buts, but had we not conceded that goal late in the first half and gone on to win as i think we would have, everyone would have been waxing lyrical (well the Man United supporters and some neutrals) about what a fantastic performance it was, and how Nani put on a great show - not of Messi proportions but something getting close.

The way the three seasoned pros played against Chelsea, i think it was a perfectly reasonable decision to make and nothing to do with arrogance. I also think that excluding the red card nonsense for Rafael, the changes made to the team had a positive effect on the way we played, especially in the first half.

I know this is ifs and buts, but had we not conceded that goal late in the first half and gone on to win as i think we would have, everyone would have been waxing lyrical (well the Man United supporters and some neutrals) about what a fantastic performance it was, and how Nani put on a great show - not of Messi proportions but something getting close.

fair comment rix, i could certainly see the need to change neville because ribery's pace would have done him but in the end rafael's naivety got the better of him. thought bayern were clever second half and they knew that they were going to get the next goal. the ten minutes or so before robben scored they were just bossing it.

did you agree with starting rooney even though he was clearly nowhere near fit? and what does that say about £30m berbatov?

fair comment rix, i could certainly see the need to change neville because ribery's pace would have done him but in the end rafael's naivety got the better of him. thought bayern were clever second half and they knew that they were going to get the next goal. the ten minutes or so before robben scored they were just bossing it.

did you agree with starting rooney even though he was clearly nowhere near fit? and what does that say about £30m berbatov?

It says the manager thinks he is shit as well as the supporters.

It is a shame about the sending off because 11=11 we would of gone on to win but this is football and the correct decision about sending Rafeal off was made,Rooney inclusion harps back to the old days when a player wanted to play instead of just taking the money and sitting on the bench,like so many will do now....Rooney went up even more in my estimation last night just for the fact that he is a real footballer and his inclusion gave us the momentum to score 3 in the first half,we all know what happened after that which as a true red i am still upset about but hey.....what a great game and in the end Bayern pinched it due to Uniteds sloppy defending in Munic*.

It was always going to be a tuff tie and it proved so.............i still think robbins a cun_t and ribery is frenchman lets leave it at that eh!