Manchester United

redrus

Don't know but if yo come into Crossbar Soi 23 Suk it would be great to meet up....

BT just ask for Iain

Not sure I'll make it over there tonight pal need to get my bearings again and, never stayed in this area plus cash is short till tomorrow. Def up for a meet then though....?

redrus

Doubt we will be on mate we have been on the last two champions league nights,but if we are will be on either channel 7 or channel 3.

So if you get back to your room you can watch.

Fingers crossed but, seriously if I'm awake at that time after the week I've had I'll be well shocked. Could be a case of slipping off to bed nowish LOL....!

redrus

Not sure I'll make it over there tonight pal need to get my bearings again and, never stayed in this area plus cash is short till tomorrow. Def up for a meet then though....?

redrus

Hey Red, I've just booked an impromptu trip over to Thailand. We arrive on the 30th Nov for 2 weeks, then I'm back to Saudi and then back over to Thailand middle of Dec for about a month.

Where are you gonna be on the 10th Nov, be good to catch up, especially on the derby night.

I don't think it's bad idea to sell Rooney, but i do think it's bad timing to sell him right now!

We should have sold him at the end of last season when people were throwing around silly numbers (80-90Million etc..) transfer fees. Right now we'd be lucky to get more than 35Mil with the terrible form (on and off the pitch) that he's been in.

Not only bad timing in terms of his current likely value, but bad timing in terms of causing distraction and disruption to this season's campaign.

Find the whole business disappointing. Rooney is, or should i say was, one of the few players who really seemed to have a genuine attachment to the club. Of course the same could be said of his feelings for Everton, and that didn't stop him from leaving them, but then you can understand why top players really do need to be playing at top clubs if they are ever to achieve their potential.

All serves as a useful reminder to us supporters that we are the only ones who truly have the club in our hearts. To people working at the club, it is alas, simply a job. There may be the odd exception, but they are a dying breed, likely to never be seen again.

I would like to propose a new rule. Players who kiss the badge will from now on be either yellow carded, and/or fined by the club, for the crime of being insincere charlatans. Yellow cards / fines will only be rescinded in the highly unlikely event of them remaining loyal to the club for their entire careers.

any united fan who wouldn't take benzema, diarra and £20m from real for the chubby pensioner porker?

Could'nt agree more. They should jump at that one.

I Have heard that rooney is going to madrid on a season long loan and benzema the other way on loan.

This makes sense as fergie does not really want to see rooney go to a title rivals,he gets to look at benzema who he has been tracking for a long time.

any united fan who wouldn't take benzema, diarra and £20m from real for the chubby pensioner porker?

I Have heard that rooney is going to madrid on a season long loan and benzema the other way on loan.

This makes sense as fergie does not really want to see rooney go to a title rivals,he gets to look at benzema who he has been tracking for a long time.

Great idea yeah a season long loan and then he can sign a pre contract deal with Madrid/City for £250k a week sit in the Utd reserves for six months to freshen up before he moves. Hugely popular in Salford no doubt. ;)

Great idea yeah a season long loan and then he can sign a pre contract deal with Madrid/City for £250k a week sit in the Utd reserves for six months to freshen up before he moves. Hugely popular in Salford no doubt. ;)

You know it makes sense smoke :D

and leave Rooney only months away from going on a bosman...i don't think so.

I think potatoe head is getting out before Man Utd end up the same as Liverpool. He has absolutely no loyalty whatsoever and its laughable anyone ever thought he did in the first place. Nothing more than a shit for brains chav.

Edited by carmine

Can't see it myself nev. A season long loan would end up costing you millions and millions. If United want to recoup anything for him, they will only have the january transfer window to cash in. After that he can buy himself out of his remaining year for next to nothing. And I really don't think your club are financially ab le to let one of your best assets be given away.

Can't see it myself nev. A season long loan would end up costing you millions and millions. If United want to recoup anything for him, they will only have the january transfer window to cash in. After that he can buy himself out of his remaining year for next to nothing. And I really don't think your club are financially ab le to let one of your best assets be given away.

The only reason I can see for SAF making a statement on this is to start a bidding war in January......he's still a top quality player mind and Utd will make a fortune selling him.

Come on Levy its time to cough up! :P

and leave Rooney only months away from going on a bosman...i don't think so.

I think potatoe head is getting out before Man Utd end up the same as Liverpool. He has absolutely no loyalty whatsoever and its laughable anyone ever thought he did in the first place. Nothing more than a shit for brains chav.

Well to be honest for a shit for brains Chav who probably just wants to make enough money as he can, he does point to two inescapable facts.

1. The club is owned by the Glaziers who have saddled with large debts at high interest, have little wealth outside the club and are unlikely to place ManU in a position to compete for the best players in the future. The relationship between the fans and the owners is already broken beyond repair, it is only a matter of time before doubts between management/players with the owners materialize.

2. Ferguson will be 70 by the time Rooney's contract ends. To an extent it is to him that he places his respect and loyalty to the club and he will retire fairly shortly. There Are a lot of quality very long term players at the core of the squad who will not be around in a couple of years too.

My point being, there are good reasons to not base his contract purely on underlying loyalty to performance that was in the past if he has fair reason to believe it will not be repeated in the future.

And while I don't believe that Rooney is thinking much beyond his best immediate financial future, I do believe that Ferguson and Gill are talking <deleted> when they say their actions are not restricted by the Glaziers. Actually I suspect all he wants is top dollar to stay at a club with less than exciting prospects.

^^^

Got to agree with you Abrak about Rooney having a good point about Manure not being able to compete financially anymore.

Never understand the calling him a chav bit though, as a kid he must have trained at every given moment and been 100% dedicated , hence he wouldnt have got into any bother despite being raised in a bad area .... the few kids that i knew who got a YTS contracts at 16 were nothing but 100% focused.

The worst thing he seems to have done is sleep with some brass, we shouldnt be hypocritical.

^^^

Got to agree with you Abrak about Rooney having a good point about Manure not being able to compete financially anymore.

Never understand the calling him a chav bit though, as a kid he must have trained at every given moment and been 100% dedicated , hence he wouldnt have got into any bother despite being raised in a bad area .... the few kids that i knew who got a YTS contracts at 16 were nothing but 100% focused.

The worst thing he seems to have done is sleep with some brass, we shouldnt be hypocritical.

Agree, on all of it...:D

redrus

Hey Red, I've just booked an impromptu trip over to Thailand. We arrive on the 30th Nov for 2 weeks, then I'm back to Saudi and then back over to Thailand middle of Dec for about a month.

Where are you gonna be on the 10th Nov, be good to catch up, especially on the derby night.

At bloody last, the timing is dead on. I come back from a pampering sesh in Samui on the first Nov and will be at my pals (he's a Blue) in town.

Although, you have confused me, your above post seems misleading. The impromptu visit means you'll be in town on the 10th of November yes...?

redrus

biteyourhandoff.com.....!!!!!

Right, I'm in Bangkok, not sure if I'll be awake at 3 in the morning but, if I am, what channel is the game on and, if I don't have it, where can I watch it. I'm on Ratchaprada....!

redrus

Don't know but if yo come into Crossbar Soi 23 Suk it would be great to meet up....

BT just ask for Iain

Turned up last night but, you'd already left mate....!

redrus

Although, you have confused me, your above post seems misleading. The impromptu visit means you'll be in town on the 10th of November yes...?

Yep. Sorry bud I put 30th Nov and I meant 30th Oct, I'll be in Patters on the 10th Nov for the derby. I then go back to Saudi on the13th Nov and back to Thailand middle of December.

Incredible to think Rooney can make me feel sympathetic to Man U and SAF, and hope they prosper after he f*cks off, and that he does a Francis Jeffers or Joleon Lescott on anyone that signs him.

i really think he has conducted himself like a c*nt. Is it his advisers, or is he so full of himself that he believes - sadly seemingly rightly - he will get his own way come what may?

Do Man U have to pay his outrageous wages for the next 2 months when he won't be playing, before they can get rid of him in January?

Incredible to think Rooney can make me feel sympathetic to Man U and SAF,

Knowing your background, that is a bit surprising... pleasantly. Respect man,

i really think he has conducted himself like a c*nt. Is it his advisers, or is he so full of himself that he believes - sadly seemingly rightly - he will get his own way come what may?

I don't think he is full of himself. I think he remains pretty down to earth. I just think he is experiencing something akin to a mid-life crisis. He's struggling both on and off the pitch. He's telling himself that shaking things up might get him out of this rut. I personally think that he's wrong. It's not the time for him to be pushing away friends. He needs their support. It's the time to keep his head down and work hard.

i like what mr. holloway has to say on the matter.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9116212.stm

My word! Don't bottle it up son. laugh.gif

Seriously though, he makes some good points. I remember spitting blood in a similar fashion when Messi told Liverpool recently, "be humane and let Mascherano go". And then of course there was all the <deleted> of Blatter telling us to stop treating Ronaldo "like a modern-day slave". It's crazy!

Speaking of crazy, here's a man who speaks quite a bit of <deleted>, and at other times, such as this, quite a bit of sense. Good on ya Roy...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9116102.stm

P.S. Anyone know where James has disappeared to?

P.S. Anyone know where James has disappeared to?

I hear James has been in his wee laddies bedroom all week ripping down all those old Shoot and Match posters of Rooney off the walls....sobbing and screaming intermittently.....it can be heard several sois away so I'm told.

Going for neutral colours for a while James?

:D

Now these fukwits show whats wrong with the country, take them out to the woods and shoot the fcukers i say!biggrin.gif

Wayne Rooney faced an angry mob outside his home on Thursday night as enraged Manchester United fans reacted to the possibility of their star striker making a sensational move to arch-rivals Manchester City.

Rooney felt the full force of the anger among supporters over his desire to leave Old Trafford when a group of 40 protesters turned up outside his £4.5million mansion in the upmarket Cheshire village of Prestbury.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz134cpDhSA

Edited by Englander

i think that's really funny. at least the build a bonfire song now works again eh mancs?

i read a journo about 18 months ago write that when tevez goes, united fans will get over it. then also when ronaldo goes, they'll get over it. but then when rooney decides he wants to go, only then will they really begin to realise quite what the glazers are doing to the club.

22/10/2010 11:29

Rooney staying Official Site

Wayne Rooney has agreed a new 5 year contract to stay at Manchester United until at least June 2015.

The agreement follows intensive discussions between the Club and the player’s representatives and means that by the end of his contract Wayne will have been a Manchester United player for 11 years.

Sir Alex Ferguson said: “It’s been a difficult week, but the intensity of the coverage is what we expect at Manchester United. I said to the boy that the door is always open and I’m delighted Wayne has agreed to stay.

“Sometimes, when you’re in a club, it can be hard to realise just how big it is and it takes something like the events of the last few days to make you understand. I think Wayne now understands what a great club Manchester United is.

“I’m pleased he has accepted the challenge to guide the younger players and establish himself as one of United’s great players. It shows character and belief in what we stand for.

“I’m sure everyone involved with the Club will now get behind Wayne and show him the support he needs to produce the performances we know he is capable of.”

Wayne Rooney said: “I’m delighted to sign another deal at United. In the last couple of days, I’ve talked to the Manager and the owners and they’ve convinced me this is where I belong. I said on Wednesday the Manager’s a genius and it’s his belief and support that have convinced me to stay.

“I’m signing a new deal in the absolute belief that the management, coaching staff, board and owners are totally committed to making sure United maintains its proud winning history – which is the reason I joined the Club in the first place.

“I’m sure the fans over the last week have felt let down by what they’ve read and seen. But my position was from concern over the future. The fans have been brilliant with me since I arrived and it’s up to me through my performances to win them over again.”

redrus