Manchester United

redrus

I think you getting Nani and Lampard mixed up.:)

Most assists in the league says he can't be that greedy especially when you compare it to other wide/ midfielders.

Note! Most other players in the table around him are forwards

Sorry chaps but i have to inform you that "assists" is a very overated statistic. To explain in a nutshell....a players assists as they are so called would be rather different i would venture baring in mind the strlker on the other end was Sergio Aguero or Suarez (remember him, the guy that wobbly chops did'nt rate) and lets say Jermaine Defoe. :o I don't know the stats, abrak probably does, ;) and i bet that the amount of chances Modric created would be very near the top of any list.

Most assists in the league says he can't be that greedy especially when you compare it to other wide/ midfielders.

Sorry chaps but i have to inform you that "assists" is a very overated statistic. To explain in a nutshell....a players assists as they are so called would be rather different i would venture baring in mind the strlker on the other end was Sergio Aguero or Suarez (remember him, the guy that wobbly chops did'nt rate) and lets say Jermaine Defoe. :o I don't know the stats, abrak probably does, ;) and i bet that the amount of chances Modric created would be very near the top of any list.

Yep, at the end of the day carmine, we don't need stats to tell us how good a player is, do we. We see with our eyes.

And what i see with Nani, is a player whose game has a lot of room for improvement. That's all.

Gentlemen please !! :jap:

When's the meet up Mr Boj?

I'm not missing this one...biggrin.gif

Maybe we can all raise a glass when the inevitable ban gets handed down and the IQ level and enjoyably banteresque content of the - er, footy forum :blink: - goes up again.

Why would anybody want people banned because they don't agree with them about different assepts of football ? As to standard going up that is very funny . Keep spitting your ingang dummy out .

Maybe the football forum should come with a warning that it is a closed shop & it don't want anybody but the incrowd making comments . That would sort of stop the keyboard warrior type post that people like you make .against people that have a different opinion.

You could all pm eachother (which I am sure you already have) tell eachover not to comment on anything I post. That is what bullies do isn't it ? It may also make you feel like a men .

The schoolyard bully syndrome . I believe it starts with name calling , then moves on to wispers (PMS) then the don't talk to him he is this or that (TROLL)

Then lets beat him up we can all go ,but it takes a bully with a spine to do that & I have never met 1 yet.

I don't suppose I am ringing any bells am I ? I thought not maybe I best just keep it simple sort of child like

Ner Ner Ner Ner

you will all understand that Maybe

Maybe we can all raise a glass when the inevitable ban gets handed down and the IQ level and enjoyably banteresque content of the - er, footy forum :blink: - goes up again.

Why would anybody want people banned because they don't agree with them about different assepts of football ? As to standard going up that is very funny . Keep spitting your ingang dummy out .

Maybe the football forum should come with a warning that it is a closed shop & it don't want anybody but the incrowd making comments . That would sort of stop the keyboard warrior type post that people like you make .against people that have a different opinion.

You could all pm eachother (which I am sure you already have) tell eachover not to comment on anything I post. That is what bullies do isn't it ? It may also make you feel like a men .

The schoolyard bully syndrome . I believe it starts with name calling , then moves on to wispers (PMS) then the don't talk to him he is this or that (TROLL)

Then lets beat him up we can all go ,but it takes a bully with a spine to do that & I have never met 1 yet.

I don't suppose I am ringing any bells am I ? I thought not maybe I best just keep it simple sort of child like

Ner Ner Ner Ner

Now now Adder-bayor don't get all upset. No chance of you getting banned mate when the head shiek in these parts happens to be howling at the same blue moon as you.

Closed shop - hardly, if we can put up with Smokie and Carmine droning on about all things unrelated to what happens on the pitch, we can put up with you. Ya see, we can all take a dig now and again (see the 400 posts about me never visiting OT for an example - some people need to get a life I know), anyways, the point is we don't use names like Muppet around here (even though Devil springs to mind when I hear that word) to have a go at somebody.

The key is don't go for the bait that is often laid out in front of you (as a City supporter you must be used to it as it's a regular occurrence). Just let it slide, acknowledge when you have been quartered, drawn and found wanting of 2nd trophy for your new room at Eithad United Stadium Manchester and move on.

Hope that clears it all up ;)

Ner Ner Ner Ner

coffee1.gif

Challenging someone on the internet to "step outside" is about the most sad and pathetic thing i have ever heard of.

Well, second to John Terry.

Ner Ner Ner Ner

Calm down dear. :lol:

Ner Ner Ner Ner

coffee1.gif

Challenging someone on the internet to "step outside" is about the most sad and pathetic thing i have ever heard of.

Well, second to John Terry.

Yes bullies don't like that do they . A bully never likes a fight he just likes to stick the boot in & not get hit back

Thats it, enough of the squabbling on here! Lets get back to all things Man Utd........

Is that true James has never been to Old traford?

i have to confess to being rateher concerned about monday nights game. Our midfield is looking horribly depleated and i can't see how we are going to get the ball. Then we have the prospect of Bassong at center back that never bodes well.

Think i'll have to settle for a point. ;)

[

Why would anybody want people banned because they don't agree with them about different accepts of football ? As to standard going up that is very funny . Keep spitting your ingang dummy out .

You could all pm eachother (which I am sure you already have) tell eachover not to comment on anything I post. That is what bullies do isn't it ? It may also make you feel like men .

Ner Ner Ner Ner

Calm down dear. :lol:

I am perfectly calm . Why wouldn't I be ? DEAR

Edited by adder

Thats it, enough of the squabbling on here! Lets get back to all things Man Utd........

i have to confess to being rateher concerned about monday nights game. Our midfield is looking horribly depleated and i can't see how we are going to get the ball. Then we have the prospect of Bassong at center back that never bodes well.

Yea Carmine (and smokes) let's get the excuses ticked off now before the match.

1) Webb?

2) Dodgy Pitch

3) Midfield Depleted

4) You never win at OT

5) Gomez

6) Rain

Now ours if we need to get the violins out.

1) CB pair of Vidic and Ferdinand OUT

2) RB Rafael out

3) Rookie midfielder - Cleverly

4) Hernandez out?

5) De Gea not solid yet

Am i missing anything else?

1) Webb?

2) Dodgy Pitch

3) Midfield Depleted

4) You never win at OT

5) Gomez

6) Rain

2) RB Rafael out

4) Hernandez out?

5) De Gea not solid yet

I've cnever complained about rain or the pitch and i've never called Dev a muppet.

Now that one i liked James....."rookie midfielder Cleverley" Isn't that the lad that Don Fabio's just picked for the England squad? :D

Edited by carmine

1) Webb?

2) Dodgy Pitch

3) Midfield Depleted

4) You never win at OT

5) Gomez

6) Rain

2) RB Rafael out

4) Hernandez out?

5) De Gea not solid yet

I've cnever complained about rain or the pitch and i've never called Dev a muppet.

Now that one i liked James....."rookie midfielder Cleverley" Isn't that the lad that Don Fabio's just picked for the England squad? :D

Wigan doesn't count mate. He only got picked by Don because nobody else wants to go.

Jones is a Rookie (UTD variety), Smalling is still newish, DeGea needs to lose that piss poor beard, A Young is a rookie (UTD Variety). It's only Hernandez second year (even though he aint playing). Evra has been injured. It's only Fabio's 2nd year. Mike Phelan has a new beard. Rooney's hair is a distraction. Valencia is hurt (i think). Harry is a better manager than SAF. I am sure I am missing something?

I don't believe he has, but i reckon he knows how to spell it. biggrin.gif

Maybe...yes, maybe. But, do you think he has a fair point claiming that you new "18m goalkeeper" is a weakness? :D I think its fair to say most teams would like to have 18m players that their supporters would call weaknesses. Likewise with the center backs, isn't 16m Phil Jones available with 10m Chris Smalling.

<deleted>, Ledleys only got one knee and he might be playing! We have Gomez in goal and we cant use Brad because at his age he needs an afternoon kip.

Edited by carmine

Maybe...yes, maybe. But, do you think he has a fair point claiming that you new "18m goalkeeper" is a weakness? :D I think its fair to say most teams would like to have 18m players that their supporters would call weaknesses. Likewise with the center backs, isn't 16m Phil Jones available with 10m Chris Smalling.

Price tags ain't no guarantee of anything though, are they? Just ask Seapok.

<deleted>, Ledleys only got one knee and he might be playing! We have Gomez in goal and we cant use Brad because at his age he needs an afternoon kip.

Come on Carmine: LP paid 50 million for Carrol for Christ Sake - doesnt make him a top striker does it? We paid 7 million for Hernandez, you paid what for PAV? Defoe?

Glad to hear Gomez is in net. High scoring game this one. 2-2 at the half, 6-2 UTD win.

1) Webb?

2) Dodgy Pitch

3) Midfield Depleted

4) You never win at OT

5) Gomez

6) Rain

2) RB Rafael out

4) Hernandez out?

5) De Gea not solid yet

Wigan doesn't count mate. He only got picked by Don because nobody else wants to go.

Jones is a Rookie (UTD variety), Smalling is still newish, DeGea needs to lose that piss poor beard, A Young is a rookie (UTD Variety). It's only Hernandez second year (even though he aint playing). Evra has been injured. It's only Fabio's 2nd year. Mike Phelan has a new beard. Rooney's hair is a distraction. Valencia is hurt (i think). Harry is a better manager than SAF. I am sure I am missing something?

You missed out Clattenburg. He's come on as sub for you against us in Howards absence and awarded the Nani "goal" Please don't mention scrotum face. It not just Rooneys barnet thats a distraction it him in his gruesome entirety and De Gea's "beard" deserves a thread of its own. I wonder how long its been living on his face?

Price tags ain't no guarantee of anything though, are they? Just ask Seapok.

He's going to be chuffed to bits he's been mentioned. :D

Hey, easy on his looks, we cant all be born with Huddlestone's looks and natural ability. Gomez isn't exactly a pin up model either I imagine (maybe in Lennon's house but I digress).

I believe Lennon lives in a "crib" james. I must confess i quite fond of Gomez and his ridiculous antics. The thing at Tottenham is that everyone at any photoshoot stampedes to the nearest vicinity of Gareth. i'll say no more.

I dont like 'assists' as a stat much. It is obviously heavily bias towards the number of goals the team scores and when Man U score 40% more goals than say Spurs it clearly makes a difference. Also when Lampard has 14 assists one season and 2 assists the next you have to conclude it tells you more about the quality of the statistic than the quality of the player.

In its defense you have to say that the player who generates the most assists is quality - over the last 5 seasons that has been Ronaldo, Lampard x2, Fabregas and Nani. So while I think you can be top quality and not generate assists, I dont think you can be crap and generate the most.

Mind you Mooner is simply cheating to decide who the best 5 wingers are and then what statistics he uses to prove Nani is the best.

If you compare him to Malouda.

Nani had more assists

Malouda scored more 13 v 9

Shot conversion 1:5.5 v 1:10.6

Shooting accuracy 55% v 38%

Crossing accuracy 31% v 26%

Chances create 118 v 78

Completed passes 1384 v 1042

Pass completion 83% v 70%

My point being if you look at Nani's stats, he stands out as a pretty good player by (1) the number of assists and (2) by the very fact that he is a regular member of the Man Utd team. That is about all.

Nani is a good tricky winger.

He makes goals and scores goals.

It is great that everybody thinks he has so much improvement in him,can only get better then! wink.gif

As far as the game on Monday as per usual the spuds getting there excuses in early.....i hope we win in any way possible but would like a few decisions or sendings off just to rub your noses in it again biggrin.gif

Very happy that the youngsters will gain some valuable experience at such an early stage in the season,i think we are beginning to see the end of Rio(injuries keep happening to much now) and Berbatov could be gone very soon.

Carmine?.....your midfield is horribly depleted! Modric,Bale,Cuddlestone,Lennon? are they injured wink.gif

Presumably Man U (and the Glazers) also remove the spectre of the banks calling in their debts as some inopportune time in the future, which could allow some bottom feeder to buy the club on the cheap, as happened at Liverpool.

The Glazers probably learned a lesson in debt finance (but not in football) from Liverpool there.

I think the Glazers know all their is to know about debt finance.

Abrak have you got bored on your own thread now,decided to move over here? biggrin.gif

To be honest it is hard for the Liverpool thread to compete with the concept of Man U adding US$1bn to their balance sheet and so making themselves the best financed football club in the world. I doubt of course that the owners will get any credit for US$1bn injection of capital to your balance sheet.

Nani is a good tricky winger.

He makes goals and scores goals.

It is great that everybody thinks he has so much improvement in him,can only get better then! wink.gif

As far as the game on Monday as per usual the spuds getting there excuses in early.....i hope we win in any way possible but would like a few decisions or sendings off just to rub your noses in it again biggrin.gif

Very happy that the youngsters will gain some valuable experience at such an early stage in the season,i think we are beginning to see the end of Rio(injuries keep happening to much now) and Berbatov could be gone very soon.

Carmine?.....your midfield is horribly depleted! Modric,Bale,Cuddlestone,Lennon? are they injured wink.gif

I forgot Van der Valk as well Kranjar and Rose follow what United are doing and blood a few kids that is if you have any? biggrin.gif

Presumably Man U (and the Glazers) also remove the spectre of the banks calling in their debts as some inopportune time in the future, which could allow some bottom feeder to buy the club on the cheap, as happened at Liverpool.

The Glazers probably learned a lesson in debt finance (but not in football) from Liverpool there.

Abrak have you got bored on your own thread now,decided to move over here? biggrin.gif

To be honest it is hard for the Liverpool thread to compete with the concept of Man U adding US$1bn to their balance sheet and so making themselves the best financed football club in the world. I doubt of course that the owners will get any credit for US$1bn injection of capital to your balance sheet.

The credit will be there's when they sell wink.gif I see the initial reaction to hitting Asia has gained cold feet now from certain parties. biggrin.gif wonder why?

The credit will be there's when they sell wink.gif I see the initial reaction to hitting Asia has gained cold feet now from certain parties. biggrin.gif wonder why?

Well you are absolutely right. Talk is cheap.

But they have already submitted a listing application in Singapore. (They would have had to wait 2 years in Hong Kong to meet listing requirements.)

All the signs are that they are going to issue new shares to pay back their existing debt rather than actually sell their own shares which would mean they are probably planning to be owners for the foreseeable future.

They clearly did not choose to list in the UK because they didnt want fans buying up a few shares, claiming to be owners and pelting them with eggs at the AGM. More to the point Asia is very trendy for floating premium brands - Prada is going to list there. By the way, I am sure you dont like the club being referred to as a premium brand but the reason you might well achieve a fancy valuation is because of the valuation that will be placed on your 333m global fan base.

That is why it is getting such strong backing from investment banks. It is the concept that is driving massive valuations at the moment, Linkedin 100m users, virtually no revenues US$10bn valuation, Twitter 175m users virtually no revenues, US$7bn valuation, Facebook 500m users US$50bn valuation. A general belief that a huge global support base must eventually generate value.

Anyway you might think I am ridiculously interested in whether your club is going to raise US$1bn. But say at Liverpool people are obsessed with whether it would have been ok to pay 7m for Adam but they would have left him at 9m. And one issue is 500x more significant than the other.