Manchester United

redrus

and of course LeungKen who is possibly the most polite poster since the invention of the internet)

Absolutely thumbsup.gif

Ken knows to extract himself from any comments I make at United. And of course Redrus. He's a diamond too whom I have had the pleasure to have a beer (or dozen) and chew the cud with.

If you met me you would love me too biggrin.png

I'll take your word for it!!

Not talking to you.....you southern softy wink.png

Thank you Carmine & MrBJ, there are actually quite a few of us who enjoy sport, fair-play, football and Manchester United.

We neither get into urinating competitions or mindless fanaticism.

I enjoy good banter, but detest the brainless inane stupidity of some of the posters in the football forum.

So come on lads let's keep these threads bright & breezy and not get involved in slagging matches

Viva Football (and C'mon United biggrin.png .)

• Like 1

Thank you Carmine & MrBJ, there are actually quite a few of us who enjoy sport, fair-play, football and Manchester United.

I enjoy good banter, but detest the brainless inane stupidity of some of the posters in the football forum.

So come on lads let's keep these threads bright & breezy and not get involved in slagging matches

Bless you Ken. wai.gifbiggrin.png

and of course LeungKen who is possibly the most polite poster since the invention of the internet)

Absolutely thumbsup.gif

Ken knows to extract himself from any comments I make at United. And of course Redrus. He's a diamond too whom I have had the pleasure to have a beer (or dozen) and chew the cud with.

If you met me you would love me too biggrin.png

biggrin.png

One day red, when I'm up in the boonies and have more time, I would love to share a beer with you and nev. Until then. I hate you both tongue.png

• Like 1

Like i have said many times at the end of the day this is a forum with many people from different backgrounds who follow there teams,we are never going to agree on a lot of things....and if we did it would be boring and sanitized....i enjoy banter and if i do step over the mark sometimes it is regretful but from my meetings with a few on here they have been good guys and real supporters of the team they post about.

At the end of the day it is just a forum for football and we also have a link from being involved in Thailand,but it is nice to have a beer sometimes with other members because we do have a lot in common even if we follow different teams.

I would like to meet the Spurs boys one day just to rub it in! biggrin.png

One thing I've noticed is that the football forum is much more civilized than the mindless, and at times evil, dreck in evidence on many of the other forums/threads. Brainier too, in general.

Though one or two Chelsea supporters seem a bit dim.whistling.gif

• Like 2

One thing I've noticed is that the football forum is much more civilized than the mindless, and at times evil, dreck in evidence on many of the other forums/threads. Brainier too, in general.

Though one or two Chelsea supporters seem a bit dim.whistling.gif

The chelsea lot are vital to the forum mate, in their own very unique waywink.png They are big, elite and steeped in history.

Its the Arsenal thread, dreaming of past glories, now long gone chiqogwink.png that acts as a sleeping pill

Like i have said many times at the end of the day this is a forum with many people from different backgrounds who follow there teams,we are never going to agree on a lot of things....and if we did it would be boring and sanitized....i enjoy banter and if i do step over the mark sometimes it is regretful but from my meetings with a few on here they have been good guys and real supporters of the team they post about.

At the end of the day it is just a forum for football and we also have a link from being involved in Thailand,but it is nice to have a beer sometimes with other members because we do have a lot in common even if we follow different teams.

I would like to meet the Spurs boys one day just to rub it in! biggrin.png

Your not rubbing in anything on me red !

I must admit United didn't really look to be under any pressure and looked like they were treating it just as a regular day at the office. I also have to don my hat to Giggs. To play for any team, never mind Man United, for 23 or so years is a huge achievement for any player.

Putting aside Giggs' obvious character failings

Most Welsh people really look forward to family gatherings, as its the only time of year they're likely to get a bit.

Kids just doing what comes naturally.

I must admit United didn't really look to be under any pressure and looked like they were treating it just as a regular day at the office. I also have to don my hat to Giggs. To play for any team, never mind Man United, for 23 or so years is a huge achievement for any player.

Putting aside Giggs' obvious character failings

Most Welsh people really look forward to family gatherings, as its the only time of year they're likely to get a bit.

Kids just doing what comes naturally.

And here's me thinking they just enjoyed cheese on toast.

rare tongue.png

For me it was one of the best United performances of the season .Everton had everything to play for lets not forget that.There seems to be a new steely resolve about United's defence, players are throwing themeselves at any shot that is goal bound and Jones did a fantastic job on Fellaini. Raphael is fast becoming a more mature player and his pass to VP was a measure of that.Jonny Evans has copped a lot of flack I dont see many faults in his performances of late and De Gea was confident and assertive. There's still 36 points to play for so its far too early for any conclusion and the top teams are just as likely to drop points to the strugglers as they are their counterparts.

• Like 1

I'll second that Ken and the forum would have a lot more participants if it wasn't for the abuse and hatred that eminates from a minority and that is a huge turn off for potential newbies.

• Like 1

I'll second that Ken and the forum would have a lot more participants if it wasn't for the abuse and hatred that eminates from a minority and that is a huge turn off for potential newbies.

clap2.gif

Thoroughly entertaining match. Could have gone either way really and on a knife edge for the second leg.

De Gea was superb and Van Persie same....wouldn't like to call the result between the wily old fox and the chosen one at Old Trafford! laugh.png

Absolutely correct Smokes, my heart was in my mouth several times, thought Jones did a top job & deserved a mention too.

Happy to take a one all draw - roll on Old Trafford in 3 weeks.

Great occasion , great game totally loved it, what a leap by ronaldo, unbelievable,I know fergi stuck up 4 evra, but he never even jumped!!!!! a better connection by vp and 4 sure it was a goal. half time and its one all, all to play for, tbh, playing away could suit r madrid with the pace they've got, but as i'm saying that i'm thinking rm defense ain't the greatest, but as i said half time and its 1-all.

Seems to have been a very entertaining game. Up as usual to watch at 2.45 over here to discover Shaktar v Dortmund was being covered both on Thai TV and True Sport. F/ed and blinded as I tried to find the game on a live stream. Best I could get was a live Sky commentary blocked by one of those stupid surveys.

Just wondering was any one else in Pattaya like me with blood pressure soaring.

Seems to have been a very entertaining game. Up as usual to watch at 2.45 over here to discover Shaktar v Dortmund was being covered both on Thai TV and True Sport. F/ed and blinded as I tried to find the game on a live stream. Best I could get was a live Sky commentary blocked by one of those stupid surveys.

It was on True Sport 1 in Chiang Mai as was the Celtic game the morning before.

Great result for United and DeGea came good on the big stage, he showed just how good he can be.

Great leap by Ronaldo, but too bad Evra's boots were stuck in the ground.....not even an attempt, pathetic, deserves a fine!

• Like 1

A good result that I think you will be happy with. I'm not too sure red nose will be so happy. I think you could have won over there I think they could win at old travesty. Still totally in the balance. Hard for me to admit, but I hope you win it (the cup), and red noise retires on the back of it, and another league title (penciled in already). I'm fed up of the old git.

• Like 1

Great result for United and De Gea came good on the big stage, he showed just how good he can be.

Great leap by Ronaldo, but too bad Evra's boots were stuck in the ground.....not even an attempt, pathetic, deserves a fine!

Ronaldo is the finest header of the ball in world football.he is also 6 ft 2 " tall as compared with Evra at 5 ft 8".bit of a mis match, a fact Im sure Mourinho and Ronaldo were aware of pror to the game ! Fantastic surface to play on whereas the Old Trafford pitch is the worst condition in recent memory it,could be a factor in the return leg. Apart from De Gea,who was brilliant, there was hardly a bad performance Raphael struggled in the first half and Rooney and VP had off nights in attack but sure did a lot of work in defence.Great team effort and considering Vidic is obviously not 100%

Ronaldo is the finest header of the ball in world football.he is also 6 ft 2 " tall as compared with Evra at 5 ft 8".bit of a mis match, a fact Im sure Mourinho and Ronaldo were aware of pror to the game !

I know a lot of 5ft 8 " people that can jump!

I didn't say he could jump as high as Ronaldo, but he could at least jump.

Great result for United and De Gea came good on the big stage, he showed just how good he can be.

Ronaldo is the finest header of the ball in world football.he is also 6 ft 2 " tall as compared with Evra at 5 ft 8".bit of a mis match, a fact Im sure Mourinho and Ronaldo were aware of pror to the game ! Fantastic surface to play on whereas the Old Trafford pitch is the worst condition in recent memory it,could be a factor in the return leg. Apart from De Gea,who was brilliant, there was hardly a bad performance Raphael struggled in the first half and Rooney and VP had off nights in attack but sure did a lot of work in defence.Great team effort and considering Vidic is obviously not 100%

How many headed goals has Ronaldo scored over the last five seasons out of interest?

Ronaldo is the finest header of the ball in world football.he is also 6 ft 2 " tall as compared with Evra at 5 ft 8".bit of a mis match, a fact Im sure Mourinho and Ronaldo were aware of pror to the game !

I know a lot of 5ft 8 " people that can jump!

I didn't say he could jump as high as Ronaldo, but he could at least jump.

It appears the poison dwarf only likes jumping in the opponents penalty box !!!

• Like 1

Taking nothing away from Ronaldo, but Falcao could give him a run for his money regarding headers. Deadly.