Manchester United

redrus

And another thing Carmine.

Keep your bullshit for the Spurs thread with your three stoogies...whers rijit an Iancnx since your hammering last week not been seen must still be hurting?

Can't wait to play your lot again.

That feeling is very much mutual.

Just a shame Neville has a new job innit? :D

The Saints were certainly worth a point, they came flying out of the blocks and bossed the game for long periods. We seem to have a good mixture of youth and experience, young Luke Shaw is some prospect as is Ward Prowse. Not convinced by Osvaldo, have seen nothing yet that justified his reputation and fee. But these are heady days for Saints fans, and the most pleasing thing for me is that they try and play attractive football, and really work hard for each other. A point at Old Trafford is not to be sneezed at and represents a good result. But if The saints are serious about challenging for a European place then they really need to beat these mid table teams!!

You are reaping the benefits of a good youth system and management and good for your team I say!

• Like 2

Yes theres a lot of dumb football fand out there for sure.

What i really really think seeing as you ask is this; we have a manager with the highest win percentage of any Spurs manager of the past 65 years that has a squad that includes 7 new players, 2 more that have just returned from loan spells and a further 2 that are returning from long term injuries.

Its simply not realistic to expect a title challenge is it, no matter how much potential is there.

I do think we can get a top four and quite possibly a piece of silverware. Under the circumstances that would represent a very successful season for us

<deleted>!

Top four is a minimum requirement from Levy this season,champions league or he is a goner.

If you win a cup and don't qualify for the Champions League he will still be for the chop.

Read my post properly before replying please.

Theres nothing "<deleted>" about it. That is of course if you mean saying we shouldn't be expected to win the league this season is "<deleted>."

But then again, you lot still have this ridiculous belief you will be making a title challenge don't you! Now thats what i call <deleted>!!!

And another thing Carmine.

Keep your bullshit for the Spurs thread with your three stoogies...whers rijit an Iancnx since your hammering last week not been seen must still be hurting?

Can't wait to play your lot again.

OK, lets talk United. Lets talk about a manager that was insinuating you should have wrapped up the game and taken the three points when infact Southampton had the majority of possession, far more shots on target and more shots on target. Lets talk about a manager thats insinuating a conspiracy in the fixtures!! Embarrassing, especially when you haven't had a particularly difficult run, despite making a meal of it.

The David Moyes era reminds me of the appointment of Graeme Souness at Liverpool. Only difference is that Souness at least understood what he was taking on and didn't look like a condemed man

Well heres the thing Mr Ed. I'm talking football, United related on the Utd thread not misreading someones post and then accusing them of talking <deleted>.

Now, regards Moyes and his post match critique, all i'm saying is he must have been watching a different game because Southampton had 54% possession, 18 shots as opposed to your 12 of which 7 were on target to your 5.

Then he makes some comment about "we should have wrapped it up"!

Well all i can say is if he thinks taking off Nani, a player that has created more chances for you this season than any other Utd player, and replacing him with a 39 year old is the right tactical move then he's even more stupid than i already have him down for.

You see, the thing is, i have nothing against the guy. I just think he's out of his depth but that aside the stuff he's been coming out with right from the start of the season paints a picture of an absolute clown and its not as if he hasn't had 10 years experience of dealing with the media, be they not under the Man Utd spotlight.

He's been creating a rod for his own back. So, can you explain to me how/why/ theres a conspiracy against you in the fixture list?

Edited by carmine

Let's face it, whoever took over from RedNose was always going to be on a hiding to nothing.

As long as Moyes negotiated that his contract gets paid in full should it be terminated, he'll walk away laughing.

Probably to Palace or Sunderland.

• Like 2

As much as I'm enjoying this, Moyes did inherit a team of pretty average players, besides 2 of them. Again unfortunately for Moyes that team won the title last year. it just shows how good Fergie was.

Maybe a couple of good signings in the New Year and things will get back on track. Give him a full season as manager and then a shot in the summer transfer market and see what happens next season.

I don't see United sacking him unless they really underperform with what he has.

I think next season will be the making or breaking of him.

Nail on the head mate.

As much as I'm enjoying this, Moyes did inherit a team of pretty average players, besides 2 of them. Again unfortunately for Moyes that team won the title last year. it just shows how good Fergie was.

Maybe a couple of good signings in the New Year and things will get back on track. Give him a full season as manager and then a shot in the summer transfer market and see what happens next season.

I don't see United sacking him unless they really underperform with what he has.

I think next season will be the making or breaking of him.

Agreed BB. He's got RVP, the new kid, unpredictable Rooney, unpredictable Nani, a woebegone midfield, an ageing whining Evra and two CBs who while still capable, have seen better days. Add in out of sorts Fellatio, diving Young and increasingly mediocre Valencia. At least he has a decent keeper and Carrick.

Also, not to be overlooked, there are some "characters" on the United squad that Fergie not only got very good performances out of, but also was able to keep them on a tight leash. Tough situation for Moyes, and United looks like a club that might need some housecleaning. IMHO.

• Like 2

Let's face it, whoever took over from RedNose was always going to be on a hiding to nothing.

As long as Moyes negotiated that his contract gets paid in full should it be terminated, he'll walk away laughing.

When I read the cr_ p on here from the ABU,s giving their opinions on what,s happening at OT it makes me wonder at what level of experience/knowledge in the beautifull game they have had whistling.gif I guess being an armchair critic suffices? SAF took three years to land his first trophy for United and now the rest is history-the greatest manager in the history of English football-yet the ABU,s are criticising David Moyes after just a handfull of games,get real and come back on here in two years time if he has not made progress and I will listen.His appointment was-in the main-at SAF,s recommendation as he has long admired his work earlier in his career at Everton and Preston,not up to the job? you don,t know the man-David Moyes would never have left his safe/comfortable Everton job if he felt OT was a step too far.thumbsup.gif

When I read the cr_ p on here from the ABU,s giving their opinions on what,s happening at OT it makes me wonder at what level of experience/knowledge in the beautifull game they have had whistling.gif I guess being an armchair critic suffices? SAF took three years to land his first trophy for United and now the rest is history-the greatest manager in the history of English football-yet the ABU,s are criticising David Moyes after just a handfull of games,get real and come back on here in two years time if he has not made progress and I will listen.His appointment was-in the main-at SAF,s recommendation as he has long admired his work earlier in his career at Everton and Preston,not up to the job? you don,t know the man-David Moyes would never have left his safe/comfortable Everton job if he felt OT was a step too far.thumbsup.gif

Best get yourself a big time playmaker and fill some other holes as well, or you'll be waving your arms frantically as we see you being swallowed up in the muddy eddy.biggrin.png

• Like 2

Its been a while since I've posted in this thread. Just carefully watching the slow but inevitable demise of the once mighty Man Utd. Having read most recent comments its nice to see that other supporters have sensed the wounded buffalo and have circled for the blood fest that will surely commence with the inept performances of the boys from Salford.

I have noticed journos snapping at the edges (something feared in Alexs day because of his infamous banning of anybody who questioned him) and questioning the direction of the club and the calibre of its players. I allow my self to stray to the dark side with a visit to Utd forums where opinion is split. Some have already accepted their fate, while others refuse to accept that any of Utd midfield is not good enough to get in Chelsea, Man City or Arsenal squad never mind the first 11.

We have seen Barcelona take the game to another level with 2 touch football and pressing the opposition with instinctive movement while Utd still look like that FIFA computer game where players turn like super tankers and need several attempts to control the ball.

Since the opening day Utd have only beat Palace and Sunderland (bottom 2 clubs) and hardly scored in open play. The success of UTD youth policy was still in evidence when young Giggs entered the fray on Saturday at a mere 39. I have heard it said by many UTD followers when questioned on their midfield... "no one available" . Since that ridicolous statement was made City have bought Silva Nasri Yaya Fernandinho Barry Rodwell Milner jovetic...Chelsea have bought Mata Oscar Ramirez Hazard etc.... Arsenal have bought Ozil (enough said).

What do all these fantastic players have in common..they want well paying for their services and when they look into the future they want to be playing for a team that is winning trophys. UTD expressed an interest in most of these players but got none. As a supporter you should being asking why.

I think this need writing in chapters so stayed tune while Man U are laid bare and repeatedly bum chuffed thruoghout this momentous season...Be back soon

• Like 1

Now where is the spurs in decline thread, oh i forgot you have win something first and be at the top for a few years first before a decline can start.

As for those on here lapping up man utds bad start under our new manager, ask your selves why you spend so much time over here on our forum and not on your own forums discussing your own teams great start?

personally its a little bit like masturbation...it gives me great pleasure .

Cant wait for tomorrow night champion League. Will be a test of character for all involved in the match. The Spaniard are very witty and difficult to play against.

Agree mate, just love watching my team and it is sure a test of character we will either step up and win comfortable or make it very hard on ourselves, there seems to be no in between with united right now, we really need the defence to sort themselves out.

Now where is the spurs in decline thread, oh i forgot you have win something first and be at the top for a few years first before a decline can start.

As for those on here lapping up man utds bad start under our new manager, ask your selves why you spend so much time over here on our forum and not on your own forums discussing your own teams great start?

personally its a little bit like masturbation...it gives me great pleasure .

I see nothing has changed with city fans, you get more pleasure out of united losing than you do when city wins, me i cannot give a rats arse what city do.

I said on here last year that the very reason you mention above is why no top manager would have gone to United. It was always going to be a poisoned chalice due to being compared to SAF. Therefore whomever they took on was merely going to be the fall guy or an interim manager. They obviously hoped he would do well but if not they can then get some high profile manager who will come in and save them and not have the direct link of being compared to SAF but just being compared to Moyes.

:D

like being brutally savaged by poodles nev. ;)

• Like 1

biggrin.png

like being brutally savaged by poodles nev. wink.png

United have had it so good for so long, they have forgotten what it's like to take some stick. But don't worry, they'll have to get used to it like we have tongue.png

biggrin.png

like being brutally savaged by poodles nev. wink.png

United have had it so good for so long, they have forgotten what it's like to take some stick. But don't worry, they'll have to get used to it like we have tongue.png

united got plenty of stick when they were winning things, just a different kind of stick.

yes ok, moyes looks so far out of his depth that the fish have got lights on their noses. but united fans still have the memory of winning the league title by eleven points last season. think if you dance on their grave quite this soon you do risk them coming back to bite you on the arse. they're not dead and buried yet, are eight points off the top of the table in mid-october. it isn't like they're thirty-odd points behind arsenal.

• Like 1

Cant wait for tomorrow night champion League. Will be a test of character for all involved in the match. The Spaniard are very witty and difficult to play against.

Agree mate, just love watching my team and it is sure a test of character we will either step up and win comfortable or make it very hard on ourselves, there seems to be no in between with united right now, we really need the defence to sort themselves out.

Disagree nev. Sorry mate. There is an in-between. It's called mediocrity and united are playing a blinder.