Manchester United

redrus

A wrist injury and a back injury ....it must be all the effort he puts in to washing his hair cos he has done <deleted> all on the pitch.

Even Moyes must be cursing signing him.

Still i can honestly say i am happy he is out injured and that Michael Carrick will be back this week.

Strange thing is i think Moyes spent more on Felliani than he did on all his signings for about 5 years at Everton.

• Like 1

Merry xmas lads.

Just a short poem for you all....

Twas the night before Christmas, Old Trafford was bare.

The staff all gone home, there was nobody there..

The lights cast a shadow, a soft glimmer which

lit up the soft green grass on the pitch.

Just as the clock gave out its twelfth chime

An old man appeared, as if frozen in time.

He gazed at the tunnel, then broke out in voice

"ITS TIME TO BEGIN.. LETS HAVE YOU MY BOYS"

Out from the tunnel appeared a lone figure

Same as in life, only infinitely bigger

The old man called out as he slowly drew near

"good evening Duncan, are the rest of you here"

The figure broke out in wide open smile

"Good Evening Sir Matt, it has been a long while

The rest are all coming, they'll be here soon,"

As seven more shadows were cast by the moon.

Whelan and Bent, Pegg, Taylor and Byrne,

Jones , and Colman, they came out in turn.

He greeted each one, just by calling their name

then proudly announced "do you fancy a game"

They took to the pitch, and the still night was broken

By leather on leather, not one word was spoken

They played once again, like they did long before

And imagined the sound of the Old Trafford roar

Edwards called out "come on lads lets pretend

That we've just scored a goal at the old Stretford End"

As they ran to the edge of the pitch by the goal

There in the stands sat a solitary soul.

His eyes were all puffy, his cheeks wet with tears

As his mind wandered back to those wonderful years

"come down and join us" they cried all as one

"yes come down and join them" said Matt "go on son"

The lonely man stood and with much pain he said

"I'm afraid I can't play with you, you are all dead.

You are all ghosts, and I am alive

That was the price that I paid to survive"

My role was to go on, inspire the team

And finally realise Matt Busbys dream

To tell of your greatness, and as I get older

To burden the weight of your life on my shoulders."

The ghost of Sir Matt then raised up his head

Giving out a loud groan, he finally said

"Bobby, You survived, that much is true

But we wouldn't be here if it were not for you

For you are the one who has kept us alive

That was the reason you had to survive

If you were with us, all we have would be gone

And the game that we play could no longer go on

If you can't understand why it happened this way

Then come here and watch when United play

They sing about us, they remember us all

We live and we breathe with each kick of the ball

The legends that live here, Robson and Best,

Cantona, Law, Giggs, Scholes and the rest

They are us, we are them, we are all here as one

And that is the reason United goes on

So come down and join us, we're begging you do

You are still one of us, and we're still one of you"

And then Bobbys face rose and he gave them a smile

And he said "I would love to come play for a while"

They played and they played, as they did in the past

Only not quite as skilful, and not quite as fast

And when it was over, and when it was done

They'd defeated Benfica by four goals to one.

Then Sir Matt said "lads, its been fun you know

But It's now Christmas day, and we really must go"

They walked to the front of the stadium and turned

And Sir Bobby said "there is something I've learned"

"You did not die, on that February night

You're still here with us, as you're with me tonight

And you'll live on forever as long as we play"

As the ghosts disappeared down Sir Matt Busby way.oas

Perhaps a little bit long, but I like it. It is good to remember those who have passed, particularly in such a tragic way

Well a great Boxing Day full of football today and two important away fixtures coming up for us,it will be a difficult game at Hull who have conceded only 3 goals at home the least of any side in the premier league.

Hopefully Welbeck is fit and Carrick could be involved also.

I hope we go with the same defence that has looked solid in our past few games.One thing i like is that the average age of the team is young and these lads are getting good experience already.

DDG

RAFAEL SMALLING EVANS EVRA

JONES CLEVERLY

VALENCIA ROONEY JANUZAJ

WELBECK

SUBS

VIDIC

CARRICK

HERNANDEZ

YOUNG

KAGAWA

FABIO

FLETCHER

Apparently we were late arriving at Hull and it clearly showed as we were late starting to play but all credit to Hull they do make it hard for teams.

Good to see Fletcher and Carrick back but Jones is now injured and Rafael also with Valencia a two match ban i think for being stupid.

I thought Cleverly and Rooney were both outstanding yesterday.

Bring on Norwich. biggrin.png

They were there in body but if you saw the way we defended in the first 15 minutes then you would understand there mind was somewhere else.

Still a very good win in the end at a difficult gaff. biggrin.png

I am surprised Valencia is only getting a one game ban he was on four yellows and when receiving the first yellow in the game yesterday was automatically going to miss the next game for totaling 5 yellows!

But then receiving another yellow and being sent off still apparently only equates to the same 1 game ban....so no further punishment for the second yellow and sending off only missing the last few minutes of the game........strange one that really.

I would of thought a one game ban for the 5 yellows total and a further 1 game ban for getting sent off was fair.

Solid performance and two very good away wins creeping up the table smile.png

Moyes's detractors have gone very quiet all of a sudden.whistling.gif

Yesterday no RVP no Rooney no problem!!

Bring on the Spurs.

Come on United!

A very happy new year to all wai2.gif

• Like 1

Bring on the Spurs.

Come on United!

Mr Red, did you watch that first half? Whilst I agree and fair play to United and Moyes for grinding out the wins and pulling back points on the teams above I thought you were poor first half. Fair play to Moyes for changing it, bringing on Welbeck second half you were much improved but I wouldn't say you didn't miss Rooney.

Could couldn't keep the ball in the final third in the first half let alone create a chance and get a shot on target, you missed him massively. Norwich with a better final pass and/or finish should of been a few goals to the good at half time.

YB

Bring on the Spurs.

Come on United!

Mr Red, did you watch that first half? Whilst I agree and fair play to United and Moyes for grinding out the wins and pulling back points on the teams above I thought you were poor first half. Fair play to Moyes for changing it, bringing on Welbeck second half you were much improved but I wouldn't say you didn't miss Rooney.

Could couldn't keep the ball in the final third in the first half let alone create a chance and get a shot on target, you missed him massively. Norwich with a better final pass and/or finish should of been a few goals to the good at half time.

YB

Oh dear, they'll be calling you an ABU nowfacepalm.gif

Have to say though, the new Moyeschester still have the winning mentality which deserves credit. But the style of footballs arguably worse than Spurs. Absolutely dismal to watchbiggrin.png

Bring on the Spurs.

Come on United!

YB

Have to say though, the new Moyeschester still have the winning mentality which deserves credit. But the style of footballs arguably worse than Spurs. Absolutely dismal to watchbiggrin.png

It was indeed quite a painful game to watch, especially the first half... well for us anyway. After the first 15 minutes Norwich really took control. Luckily after half time and a decent substitution we managed to claw our way back into the game. Got a bit of a lucky break with the deflection, but Welbeck still had a lot to do and took the goal very well.

I was worried when I saw the team sheet about the lack of creativity, and with only playing one out and out striker, and it did prove a problem, but all's well that ends well eh.

Merry Christmas to all by the way.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Bring on the Spurs.

Come on United!

YB

We had half our first starting 11 out, and this time of the year it is about grinding out results and resting a few players, 2 tricky away games in two days out of the way and six points gained, we will leave the attractive football to when we have the full team back.

Bring on the Spurs.

Come on United!

YB

We had half our first starting 11 out, and this time of the year it is about grinding out results and resting a few players, 2 tricky away games in two days out of the way and six points gained, we will leave the attractive football to when we have the full team back.

I thought we where pretty lucky to be fair but a good 3 points clap2.gif

Happy New Year too ALL including Alfie and Carmine facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

BT biggrin.png

Bring on the Spurs.

Come on United!

YB

Its ok Carms mate, a couple of Man U fans have just agreed with me above.

YB

Dont know what he was thinking playing Hernandez up there alone. Hold up play isnt good enough. To be fair to him nobody got close to him to help out. Kagawa was woeful apart from one move down the right hand side.

Terrible performance....I dont think we are getting better. We are just playing weaker sides.

• Like 2

At this stage 3 points is all that matters. No way do we have any chance of winning the league, that City's to lose, but given the inconsistent start and poor performances, top 3 would be a decent end. The North London sides seem to be on the slide, in particular the one that hasn't won the league for 53 years.

At this stage 3 points is all that matters. No way do we have any chance of winning the league, that City's to lose, but given the inconsistent start and poor performances, top 3 would be a decent end. The North London sides seem to be on the slide, in particular the one that hasn't won the league for 53 years.

True and if Moyes stayed as your manager for the next 53 years you lot wouldn't win it either!

Happy new year RAGS

Regards, Carmine abubiggrin.png

• Like 1

Dont know what he was thinking playing Hernandez up there alone. Hold up play isnt good enough. To be fair to him nobody got close to him to help out. Kagawa was woeful apart from one move down the right hand side.

Terrible performance....I dont think we are getting better. We are just playing weaker sides.

How refreshing. A United fan not wearing Red tinted glasses tongue.png

How refreshing. A United fan not wearing Red tinted glasses tongue.png

Its interesting isn't it. Its the combination of the United win mentality and having a relatively easy fixture list this month. I still think they need a creative midfielder to improve things but who's available?

Its nearly january and i really can't see what improvement David Moyes has made. The win attitude was installed by Ferguson and continues to be impressive but as a football team he's pretty much taken them backwards.

Man Utd grinding out narrow wins against sides that would have been dismantled by Mr Ferguson. Thats the reality.

Oh and yes, i know that Spurs are awful too so don't take the criticism too much to heartsmile.png