Manchester United

redrus

Might be because Glazer changed it to Top 3.

Europa winner gets autoroute to CL I think.

smile.png

Remind me to post things of such wit, in the Chelsea thread lad.!

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Human Resources Dept might have had a problem with the spelling of 'mathematically impossible'.

It's a tricky one. You know how picky the Glazers are.

wink.png

Yawn

redrus

What I want to know is, how will you ever reach the dizzy heights of "stability" again, if you are hiring 63 year olds? Even if he does do something this year or the next, it won't be long before you are on the hunt for another manager again.

Van Gaal will attract quality players,no doubt about that and has a proven record of success. Giggs would be the first to admit he has a lot to learn about management,and he will.

Exciting new era for Manchester United.

Of course the knockers are already out with the tired old cliches and drivel we would expect nothing less coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Van Gaal will attract quality players,no doubt about that and has a proven record of success. Giggs would be the first to admit he has a lot to learn about management,and he will.

Exciting new era for Manchester United.

Of course the knockers are already out with the tired old cliches and drivel we would expect nothing less coffee1.gif

What I want is know, are you More excited or Less excited than you were when Moyes took over?

I seem to remember a huge amount of psychobabble being spouted on here and similar optimisic statements.

How do you really feel, boys?

Personally I think its like a tinder box over there right now, ready to explode, or implode, at any moment.

"• United began speaking to Van Gaal just 48 hours after David Moyes' sacking in April

Van Gaal has been challenged to win United a 21st title in his first season with the vice-chairman, Ed Woodward, sanctioning a sizeable kitty to pursue targets that include Southampton's Luke Shaw, Bayern Munich's Arjen Robben and Toni Kroos, and Borussia Dortmund's Mats Hummels.

Source; The Grauniad

redrus

Edited by redrus

I see no reason that Van G cannot get united back into the top 3 or 4. If he buys a ready made back line and spices up his midfield he is away. I think winning the league is a bit of a pipe dream though.

I see no reason that Van G cannot get united back into the top 3 or 4. If he buys a ready made back line and spices up his midfield he is away. I think winning the league is a bit of a pipe dream though.

If he makes top 4 he'll have done a remarkable job.

• Like 1

I think next season will be another season of "transition" from decline to mediocrity tongue.png

'United in Ascendancy' thread then lads..... wink.png

redrus

i'd love to start that thread Rus but realistically its just not going to be needed for a few years i'm afraid.biggrin.png

What I'm a bit worried about for Utd is if they couldn't sign any decent players at the beginning of last season when they were in the CL and previously won the title, how are they going to sign any this year ? the name obviously no longer attracts players so what else can they offer to get top players ?

I think it's going to be more of a headache trying to get rid of players.

Man Ure have officially signed Van Gaal and twinkletoes as his assistant.

That marriage won't last long.

biggrin.png

http://eplindex.com/54060/manchester-united-appoint-louis-van-gaal-manager.html?

Why ? Please give us the benefit of your intimate knowledge on the subject.

Mine is only an opinion, so I'll let you try and work it out for yourself first.

OK, another opinion.....

United were a team run on fear, with NO STABILITY for well over twenty years, a dictatorship under Ferguson where it was his way or the highway. It worked.

Then they ridiculously appointed wee Davie who was hopelessly out of his depth from day one and they kept him on for eight months too long.

Hopefully a few lessons have been learnt because they are effectively swapping the Ferguson dictatorship with a van Gaal regime. Two managers totally dogmatic and unwavering in their self belief. There will be NO STABILITY under van Gaal regime but he's quite capable of kicking things into place over three years and grooming the likes of Giggs to take over. It's a massive job to undertake but someone has to have a go. It won't be dull and the new CEO might consider keeping van Gaal away from the press as much as possible and let Giggs handle it.

I believe this appointments a risk but probably one worth taking, especially baring in mind they didn't what to wait to see the fate of Carlo Ancelotti, who was imho the best choice of all.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Mine's more of an opinion on what Van Gaal's going to do when the midget starts telling him "This is how we do things at United".

biggrin.png

Yeh good point that. I honestly reckon the whole thing rests on whether or not he can successfully impose his ways and will on the so called class of '92 and the other Ferguson acolytes. Hopefully after the Moyes debacle they will unite behind because if they don't it'll go monumentally tits up.

Whilst agreeing the point i still think he's one of the few strong enough to do this but with his volatile personality its a very big risk.

Bit surprised to read so little posted by the Man Yoo lot. Thought this was a rather important appointmentwink.png

• Like 1

Mine's more of an opinion on what Van Gaal's going to do when the midget starts telling him "This is how we do things at United".

biggrin.png

whether or not he can successfully impose his ways and will on the so called class of '92 and

Bit surprised to read so little posted by the Man Yoo lot. Thought this was a rather important appointmentwink.png

1, why "so called". That's what they're called as they were an group from that era. It's not like they're called 'the all ass whipping crush everyone in front of then you can't win anything with kids all stars' now is it..... :/

2, I think many United fans try to keep they're own council, and I know I'm opening a can of worms re Moyes appointment and what some reds said back then, maybe including myself but, we've seen every ABU from Bangkok to Bournmouth slag us off and say it's the end for years. Maybe we learned to hold back a bit more than you lot over that time..... x

redrus

Edit, spelling.

Edited by redrus
  • Like 1

"He is very forthright, he knows what he wants, he knows what he is doing and he is very disciplined," McClaren said.

You either love him or you hate him in Holland, he is one of those characters, but he is successful, he gets teams winning and he is experienced at that level."

​I think he'll knock UNITED into shape. Giggs will learn and be a better manager for it?

How quick they regain the title, I don't know. Top 3 next season would be a job very well done imho, given the assets he has to work with. EPL is much more competitive now than when Fergie won it for the last time.

Anyway, he's a character so he'll bring some entertainment value at least.

I think many United fans try to keep they're own council, and I know I'm opening a can of worms re Moyes appointment and what some reds said back then, maybe including myself but, we've seen every ABU from Bangkok to Bournmouth slag us off and say it's the end for years. Maybe we learned to hold back a bit more than you lot over that time..... x

I think many United fans are cacking their knock-off Calvin Kleins at the prospect of a hot-headed manager who's never managed in the premiership taking over a bunch of inadequate prima donnas who rode the last manager out of Dodge. And let's not forget that he has *never* experienced the kind of press scrutiny (and wind ups) that he's going to get from the red tops.

I wouldn't want to be a Moaners fan right now.

We're going to have the same problem when Wenger decides to go. Although I suspect Wenger will spend the next three years sending nice Burgundys to Goodison.

thumbsup.gif

I think many United fans try to keep they're own council, and I know I'm opening a can of worms re Moyes appointment and what some reds said back then, maybe including myself but, we've seen every ABU from Bangkok to Bournmouth slag us off and say it's the end for years. Maybe we learned to hold back a bit more than you lot over that time..... x

I think many United fans are cacking their knock-off Calvin Kleins at the prospect of a hot-headed manager who's never managed in the premiership taking over a bunch of inadequate prima donnas who rode the last manager out of Dodge. And let's not forget that he has *never* experienced the kind of press scrutiny (and wind ups) that he's going to get from the red tops.

I wouldn't want to be a Moaners fan right now.

thumbsup.gif

Could've been written about Sir Alex that lot.....! ;)

Moaners, which is it, either we're not on ere and not saying enough, or we're moaners.....

Come on now lads, you're better than this.

redrus

• Like 1

Better than what? I gave you a simple and astute observation.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Astute, haha.... :D

You gave us your, 'warped' opinion luv....

I wouldn't shoot anyone.

FWIW. I happen to agree with redrus on this.

You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

van Gaal is probably one of the few managers who could have taken over successfully from Fergie.

Chelsea and other teams will visit OT next season with a bit of the old fear factor I reckon.

Especially if UNITED have a good transfer window.

Dangerous next season; the complete opposite of Moyes United.

STABILITY. No, no, no. Inspirational transition. thumbsup.gif

Don't take my word for it, he has previous at both Barcelona and Bayern. Stick your head in the sand if you want to.

I can't wait for him to fall out with Rooney, that could be fun.

However, Soriano has queried the 62-year-old’s appointment at the Theatre of Dreams, claiming that Van Gaal is so hot headed that he eventually falls out with everyone he works with.

“If you treat your people badly, they remember. One day you make an error and they kill you. I’ve seen this in many clubs,” Soriano said at a football conference back in March.

The Italian told German magazine Sport Bild about the time van Gaal proved to Bayern's superstars, including Dutchman Arjen Robben, Germany's Philipp Lahm and Bastian Schweinsteiger how he was man enough to drop any of his players.

"The coach wanted to make clear to us that he can drop any player, it was all the same to him because, as he said, he had the balls," said Toni.

"He demonstrated this literally (by dropping his trousers). I have never experienced anything like it, it was totally crazy. Luckily I didn't see a lot, because I wasn't in the front row."

Toni is not the first ex-Bayern player to criticise van Gaal as former captain Lucio has said the coach was part of the reason he left Munich in July 2009.

"Van Gaal hurt me more than anyone else in football," said Brazil defender Lucio who won the Champions League title with Inter Milan last season.

Van Gaal was criticised last October by Bayern president Uli Hoeness for being hard to work with and ex-captain Mark van Bommel quit the club suddenly last week to join AC Milan with rumours he found it hard to work with van Gaal.

I've taken parts of the media that suit my line of thought/want too Chiccy.

When it suits...... ;)

redrus

• Like 1