Manchester United

redrus

christ.

http://aon.mediaroom.com/2014-05-19-Aon-Welcomes-Louis-van-Gaal-as-New-Manager-of-Manchester-United

"It is an incredible honor when someone is selected as the manager of Manchester United," said Phil Clement, Aon's global chief marketing and communications officer. "It is the world's team in the world's game, and a brand that inspires people in every corner of the world."
"Attracting top external talent and developing a deep internal bench are both skills that are critical to an organization's long-term success, and these issues are particularly acute for high performance organizations like Manchester United," said Pete Sanborn, co-president, performance, reward and talent, Aon Hewitt. "Leadership development and succession planning are key strengths found among the world's leading organizations as recognized in Aon Hewitt's Top Companies for Leaders study and with talented individuals like Ryan Giggs, United has proven its commitment to developing leaders."

christ.

http://aon.mediaroom.com/2014-05-19-Aon-Welcomes-Louis-van-Gaal-as-New-Manager-of-Manchester-United

"It is an incredible honor when someone is selected as the manager of Manchester United," said Phil Clement, Aon's global chief marketing and communications officer. "It is the world's team in the world's game, and a brand that inspires people in every corner of the world."
"Attracting top external talent and developing a deep internal bench are both skills that are critical to an organization's long-term success, and these issues are particularly acute for high performance organizations like Manchester United," said Pete Sanborn, co-president, performance, reward and talent, Aon Hewitt. "Leadership development and succession planning are key strengths found among the world's leading organizations as recognized in Aon Hewitt's Top Companies for Leaders study and with talented individuals like Ryan Giggs, United has proven its commitment to developing leaders."

Jasus Christie you'd think we were still champions and just won the Champions League too. As well as come second in La Liga, having won the Copa del ray.

Bit embarrassing that.

redrus

Here's an example of LvG throwing his toys out of the pram live on TV.

biggrin.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sviu9l3bew

This could be quite funny....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-s6tO01hVE

That is funny but, it is an absolute P take buddy.... wink.png

Edit, as for the leap, I can't bloody wait for this guy to tear into the media and show some bloody long needed passion in the PL, not just boring old same same b o l l o x.... Let the games begin, roll on August.. ;)

redrus

Edited by redrus
  • Like 1

christ.

Now there's some sterile, corporate gobbeldy guk for ya. Might as well have been referring to a new smart phone being unveiled.

Here's an example of LvG throwing his toys out of the pram live on TV.

biggrin.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sviu9l3bew

This could be quite funny....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-s6tO01hVE

That is funny but, it is an absolute P take buddy.... wink.png

Edit, as for the leap, I can't bloody wait for this guy to tear into the media and show some bloody long needed passion in the PL, not just boring old same same b o l l o x.... Let the games begin, roll on August.. wink.png

redrus

TBH the Premiership needed a replacement for Ian Holloway.

wink.png

I hope Van Gaal is a flop too.

Just saying tongue.png

Almost irrelevant who is the new manager unless they make four or five very good signings this summer IMHO....and I won't comment on it again until July.

Toodle pip Man Too....

See the Bitters and Spuds lot still spending more time in this thread than their own.

Happy with this appointment, LVG won't take any shit, and will put a bit of fight back in. He's a competent, experienced and successful manager, and I believe he will make significant progress once he's got a few new players in, and shipped out some of the dross. Be another 20 odd years before Spuds finish above United.

• Like 1

I hope Van Gaal is a flop too.

Just saying tongue.png

Almost irrelevant who is the new manager unless they make four or five very good signings this summer IMHO....and I won't comment on it again until July.

Toodle pip Man Too....

From what I've been reading, van Gaal has already made his recommendations about playing staff to the UNITED board.

Toodle pip Spurs confusion.

Mine's more of an opinion on what Van Gaal's going to do when the midget starts telling him "This is how we do things at United".

biggrin.png

whether or not he can successfully impose his ways and will on the so called class of '92 and

Bit surprised to read so little posted by the Man Yoo lot. Thought this was a rather important appointmentwink.png

1, why "so called". That's what they're called as they were an group from that era. It's not like they're called 'the all ass whipping crush everyone in front of then you can't win anything with kids all stars' now is it..... :/

2, I think many United fans try to keep they're own council, and I know I'm opening a can of worms re Moyes appointment and what some reds said back then, maybe including myself but, we've seen every ABU from Bangkok to Bournmouth slag us off and say it's the end for years. Maybe we learned to hold back a bit more than you lot over that time..... x

redrus

Edit, spelling.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

To be honest Rus, far from keeping their own council, i think many United fans can't speak the english language with any fluency, couldn't name the United squad and don't now the games rules properly. biggrin.png

NB. MrEd didn't know the offside rule.

Far from keeping their own council it seems that the United fans on here just don't like posting unless you are winning. United fans in general have been gloating and sneering for over twenty years and as soon as reality in the current situation bites they just stop talking football and sulk. Apparently they thought that you just turned up to games to watch United roll over teams and then celebrated with silverware at the end of the season. Even i'm taken aback at how incredibly fickle they have shown themselves to be.

Deeply sorry for the disgraceful insult of using "so called" in commenting on those footballers. I should be ashamed of myself. rolleyes.gif get real mate!

What i am looking forward to is Louis van Gaal's presence next season. He's a real character and his Ajax side of '95 was one of the best footballing sides i've ever seen.

Haha just got a memorable quote from a cloggy friend.....

"The ego has landed......one of his sayings "Am I so clever or are you so stupid" is still widely used here".

Seems The Special Needs One *will* have some competition after all.

• Like 2

"The ego has landed......one of his sayings "Am I so clever or are you so stupid" is still widely used here".

Only problem is that they have always been up each others Arse (no pun intended Chics,,,honest). Can see them forming a liaison now they are both in the Premier League. Will the journalists have the bo.llo.x to take them on? I doubt it somehow!

Only problem is that they have always been up each others Arse (no pun intended Chics,,,honest). Can see them forming a liaison now they are both in the Premier League. Will the journalists have the bo.llo.x to take them on? I doubt it somehow!

smile.pngthumbsup.gif

So, who should we offload prior to next season?

I can think of 8-9 players.

Why don't you list them Travel and we can compare ?? facepalm.gif

BT biggrin.png

Keep the young fella JJ, Mata, Rooney, De Gea.....<deleted> the rest off

The forwards are good.

Maybe time for Welbeck to step up and score some goals.

He is a national team player, but how much is he actually playing, or scoring?

There are so many mediocre mid field players in the team, I don't know where to start.

Off with "diving and cheating" Young.

Off with "One dimension" Valencia. He has a 3% crossing success rate. Laughable.

Off with "Almost" Kagawa. How many chances should he get? I guess good for shirt sales in Asia.

Off with "for ever young and talented" Cleverly. How long before one should accept he is no longer a young talented player, but a player whom should have already had developed his skill sets.

Off with Nani. He is just an expensive fringe player.

Either Rafael steps up or off with him also.

Several good defenders, but maybe time to let some of these players get their assigned place on the field?

Ridicules to see Smalling playing a wing/full back role, when he has no real technical talent or speed.

Same with Jones.

Use them properly or get rid of them.

Good keepers.

• Like 1

Can't agree with you about Kagawa. He's a very good player when played in his correct position, which is central. Klopp always played him central for Dortmund and presumably Ferguson thought he was worth the money off the back of those performances. Problem at United is he has been played wrong, wasted, particularly by the inept clueless Moyes who shoved him out on the flanks.

Whether Kagawa is surplus to demand in his best position is another question altogether.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

^ Problem is Carms, is number10 role is Rooney and Mata's favourite position as well. No idea what the drunk (unless he was trying to out Roonpig) and especially the "Clitheroe Cutter" were thinking of, buying no 10's when they already had the RVP/Shrek combofacepalm.gif

^ Problem is Carms, is number10 role is Rooney and Mata's favourite position as well. No idea what the drunk (unless he was trying to out Roonpig) and especially the "Clitheroe Cutter" were thinking of, buying no 10's when they already had the RVP/Shrek combofacepalm.gif

Agreed and yes, whilst i think he's a really good player he is surplus, especially when they are in a current situation of needing to spend a lot of cash. they'd get good money for him.