Manchester United

redrus

Sorry to see Macheda leave. Signed for Cardiff. Sure Ole will make good use of the lad. He's another one of those head scratchers. How is it that a player who bursts onto the scene so spectacularly can also fizzle away so quickly? It's like spending weeks climbing a mountain, and then, the moment you do, before taking off all your gear and sitting down to take in the view, jumping straight back off it.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sorry to see Macheda leave. Signed for Cardiff. Sure Ole will make good use of the lad. He's another one of those head scratchers. How is it that a player who bursts onto the scene so spectacularly can also fizzle away so quickly? It's like spending weeks climbing a mountain, and then, the moment you do, before taking off all your gear and sitting down to take in the view, jumping straight back off it.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And again allowed to leave on a "free" when he has been loaned out for the last 2/3 seasons. Why United did not get some money back for him last season.Was never going to get picked ahead of VP,Rooney,Hernandes or Wellbeck. Hope he does well,Think he's gone to a good home.

Would any United be surprised by the claim of Florentino Perez that Carlo Ancelotti was Fergusons first choice?

Ticks all the boxes as far as i can see.

I don't know Carmine. The box it ticks for me is that Perez is an egotistical, mouthy <deleted>.thumbsup.gif

Would any United be surprised by the claim of Florentino Perez that Carlo Ancelotti was Fergusons first choice?

Ticks all the boxes as far as i can see.

I don't know Carmine. The box it ticks for me is that Perez is an egotistical, mouthy <deleted>.thumbsup.gif

Yes he is, but i also think its fair to say that most United fans could see greater logic in Ancelotti than Moyes!

How's about a laugh that lasts 26 years?

smile.png

Buy a lottery ticket son, you've more chance. ;)

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How's about a laugh that lasts 26 years?

smile.png

Buy a lottery ticket son, you've more chance. wink.png

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Anybody tell Fergie that when he appointed Moyes?wink.png

p45mustang

Sent from my iPad

Louis van Gaal wants four deals done before the World Cup ends

givemesport.com

Manchester United have been tasked by new manager Louis van Gaal with making significant progress on the signing of four new players by the time the World Cup ends, reports suggest.

According to The Daily Mirror, Van Gaal - who will officially take up the role as David Moyes' permanent successor following his native Netherlands' exit from this summer's eagerly-anticipated tournament in Brazil - appears to have increased the pressure on Red Devils chief executive Ed Woodward to bring in the new players he wants in plenty of time for the 2014/15 Premier League campaign.

The same source suggests that the potential deals the 62-year-old wants to see progress quickly are for Ukraine international winger Yevhen Konoplyanka, star Bundesliga duo Mats Hummels and Bastian Schweinsteiger and possibly even injured compatriot Kevin Strootman.

Such a typically resolute and uncompromising stance from former Barcelona and Bayern Munich boss Van Gaal appears likely to heap further expectation upon Woodward, the man who - along with the disappointing Moyes - was held largely accountable by frustrated supporters for Manchester United's series of embarrassing and costly failures during last summer's transfer window.

Whether Manchester United do indeed stand a realistic chance of landing these players before the World Cup reaches its climax remains to be seen - particularly given that the likes of Hummels and Schweinsteiger will be actively involved in the tournament as part of the widely-fancied Germany squad.

By targeting such high-profile players, it is becoming quite clear that Van Gaal believes Manchester United are still capable of signing some of Europe's biggest stars, despite the fact that the club will be absent from the Champions League next season for the first time in almost 20 years.

This sort of ambition and positive thinking is likely to endear Van Gaal further to Manchester United supporters, the bulk of whom became extremely disillusioned with the club's more modest approach under Moyes.

redrus

Edited by redrus

Valencia set to beat Manchester United to Enzo Perez

givemesport.com

Enzo Perez is within touching distance of joining Valencia in a €25m deal,according to Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio.

The Benfica midfielder has been the talk of Portuguese football this summer with a number of clubs reportedly chasing the player's signature.

The 28-year-old had a stellar season at the Estadio da Luz and has become to be known as one of the finest box-to-box midfielders in Europe.

That was enough to convince Manchester United to enter talks for the player, with Ed Woodward reportedly trying to negotiate a deal with his Benfica counterpart.

However, Manchester United were reportedly waiting to see if Perez would make Argentina's World Cup squad before pursuing with negotiations as they didn't believe they would win a work permit if he didn't.

Perez made the final Argentina squad but it appears Manchester United chief executive Ed Woodward's caution has cost them the chance to sign the highly coveted star.

Di Marzio says Benfica and Valencia are very close to agreeing to a €25m deal to take him to Spain where new owner Peter Lim is bankrolling a spending spree. The amount has been agreed with the parties just negotiating on installments and clauses.

It leaves Manchester United fans with a haunting echo of last summer's transfer failures when Woodward and David Moyes failed to sign anyone of significance, which ultimately contributed to Moyes' demise.

Woodward has kept his position but it appears he is not learning the from the mistakes he made only 12 months ago. Di Marzio expects the Perez deal to be wrapped up by Valencia in the coming days.

redrus

Hey Red...stop trying to get more pages with a bigger font. Typical Fergie smile.png behaviour if you ask me

Haha, thats not my intent at all..... Just trying for once to get used to this new system..... Sure it was far easier than this..!

redrus

^Looks like you've sussed itclap2.gif

Cheeky.....

I mean when you copy and paste from another website, it all gets foooked up and you have to edit it and mess around with it after you've seen your own post.

redrus

Ps, thanks for replying though and increasing the post/page count... ;)

^Looks like you've sussed itclap2.gif

Cheeky.....

I mean when you copy and paste from another website, it all gets foooked up and you have to edit it and mess around with it after you've seen your own post.

redrus

Ps, thanks for replying though and increasing the post/page count... wink.png

Silly me Russ. I thought you were using extra large font to emphasize Woodward's dropping the ball.biggrin.png

^Looks like you've sussed it

Cheeky.....

redrus

Ps, thanks for replying though and increasing the post/page count...

Silly me Russ. I thought you were using extra large font to emphasize Woodward's dropping the ball. alt=biggrin.png>

Hahaha, I'll remember that and will use it such in future, if we can all please take note..... wink.png

Seems like redrus has faith in van Gaal but little faith in Woodward.

I wouldn't argue.

If I've got it totally wrong, no doubt he will tell me so.

No Sir, nail on head..........

Van Gaal has every reason plausible in industry to warrant my faith......

Who the fooook is Edward Woodward........?

Acrington Stanley........, Ooooh are dey........, Exactly.....!!!

redrus

Woodwood is probably a very fine businessman but probably none to familiar with the workings of the transfer market. Probably why United had such a disastrous time of it in the market last summer.