Manchester United

redrus

Interesting interview with Rooney before yesterdays game

Wayne Rooney: 'My best years at Man Utd are yet to come'

Wayne Rooney believes he can still improve as a footballer and that his best years are yet to come.

Speaking to The Sunday Times to mark 10 years at Old Trafford, the 28-year-old said he "reads the game" better than ever.

In an interview before Saturday's sending off against West Ham, the Manchester United and England captain said he was "a lot more mature".

"I now know exactly what I want to do on the pitch," Rooney said.

Mmmm. Seems he knew exactly what he wanted to do when he kicked Stweart Downing

From BBC sport:- http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29399538

Interesting interview with Rooney before yesterdays game

Wayne Rooney: 'My best years at Man Utd are yet to come'

Wayne Rooney believes he can still improve as a footballer and that his best years are yet to come.

Speaking to The Sunday Times to mark 10 years at Old Trafford, the 28-year-old said he "reads the game" better than ever.

In an interview before Saturday's sending off against West Ham, the Manchester United and England captain said he was "a lot more mature".

"I now know exactly what I want to do on the pitch," Rooney said.

Mmmm. Seems he knew exactly what he wanted to do when he kicked Stweart Downing

From BBC sport:- http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29399538

Thing is though, he knew exactly what he had to do on the pitch without even thinking about when he was 17 at Everton and first went to UNITED.

You can't beat the innocence of yoof.

Rooney is an above average footballer that ha found himself in the ludicrous position of finding himself paid 300000 per week! I laugh, he must laugh but i doubt he has the intelligence.

What should worry Man Yoo fans is why is imbecile is captain!! Its absurd and deeply worrying that no one else could do it.

Lets face it, on those wages you ain't selling to no one because he ain't that good!

IMO LVG will sell Rooney at Xmas. He's not a big game player, disruptive. Utd would be better off without him

Have you discussed this with LVG?

If not, the contribution is slightly less valuable than Robbie Savage's comments on any football related issue on BBC.Sport.Com.

And that is not a compliment, I can assure you.smile.png

LVG might trade Mata for a defender though I reckon.

"IMO" was the give away.

Guess that explains the chopsticks up the nostrils then.

smile.png

Mate I am far froma Man U hater. I don't mind them. Rooney is a liability and hold you back. Getting rid of him and you'll see a more fluid happy Utd.

He goes missing when it matters.

Fair point.

Could UNITED spend 300K per week and get better value for money?

Up to LVG I guess.

But if it was me. I'd ditch him and save the wonga.

smile.png

You could get three top quality players. Two outstanding players

You have a solid keeper but in desperate need of a new back door. You've yet to replace Roy Keane too.

It's a total rebuild in reality and I believe you have the right man for it as a long as he's allowed to do it his way, which I think he will be as it'll have been part of his negotiations when he signed

Fair point.

Up to LVG I guess.

smile.png

You have a solid keeper but in desperate need of a new back door. You've yet to replace Roy Keane too.

It's a total rebuild in reality and I believe you have the right man for it as a long as he's allowed to do it his way, which I think he will be as it'll have been part of his negotiations when he signed

Just for info Franky. I know P45 drools over LVG but actually he's a Chelsea fan biggrin.png

• Like 2

Fair point.

Up to LVG I guess.

smile.png

Just for info Franky. I know P45 drools over LVG but actually he's a Chelsea fan biggrin.png

You appear to have caught the carmine virus, bojangles.

So what the **** does one do if Van Gaal nicks the Prem?

Which is actually not beyond the realms of possibility.

You can't be too cautious I say. Hedge your bets and play safe.

smile.png

C'mon guys. Let's get realistic.

Falcao, di Maria, RVP, Rooney, Blind, Herrera, Rojo, and my ****ing cat flapping through the January window with about another £100mil.

It's going to happen, isn't it.

( I wouldn't have bought Shaw at £27m though. Reckon Liverpool and Chelsea did better with Moreno and Luis.)

Dear God the muppet is really back isn't he?

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by P45Mustang. View it anyway?

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by P45Mustang. View it anyway?

Who let him out?

Edited by Chicog

^

Stick your head in the sand if you don't want to hear anything.

Simples.

In the meantime, I have some sympathy for iancnx from Spurs. Because nothing would give me greater pleasure than Costa scoring a hatrick against you at the Bridge next Sunday.

You are a provocative negative pervert chicog, and your mate smokie who presses the like button is, well to put it very simply..a yes man.

smile.png

Fair point.

Up to LVG I guess.

smile.png

He certainly is somethingwink.pngbiggrin.png

Imagine if LVG made the next chav manager. P45 would explode over his computer in excitement!!

Fair point.

Up to LVG I guess.

smile.png

He certainly is somethingwink.pngbiggrin.png

Imagine if LVG made the next chav manager. P45 would explode over his computer in excitement!!

Hopefully like this one day...

• Like 1

Right. Time for some perspective before everybody gets on this van Gaal thing.

If none of the Prem contenders think UNITED won't knock one or other of them out of CL qualification they have got their head in the sand.

Their line up is potentially frightening. If the gaps are plugged in the January window they definitely have a good chance of making top 3 imho.

At the moment the media boys and the social media boys are having a whale of a time at van Gaal's expense.

Let's see what happens after Christmas.

Like him or loathe him no one can question Van Gaal's record in management unless you are seriously biased.

His decision to play young,previously unknown, except to United followers, Paddy McQuire at centre back last weekend has hardly been mentioned. The kid had a blinder and was man of the match in many pundits views. And not a mention by VG of the Clattenberg howlers the previous match,not many managers would have been able to resist that

Judge a manger after a season and not 6 games.

Rooney red card,stupid and deserved but not the first United captain to be an offender come in Roy Keane,Eric Cantona and Vidic who was sent off again at the weekend.

If United can keep 11 men on the pitch there is going to be some exciting football played , win,lose or draw far better to watch that than some of the "yawns" we have had lately.

• Like 2

^Not surprised he hasn't been mentioned...never heard of him!whistling.gif

I think he means paddy McNair, also another youngster Tom Thorpe got a run out too,not bad for a team according to the press have lost our identity because we bought 6 players but no mention of the 14 that have left.