Manchester United

redrus

Well deserved point thought we gave as good as we got, Fellaini had a good game and so did Smalling who both helped us shore up our defence and add a little bite in midfield, big dave pulled off some top notch saves to keep us in it.

Each game we are starting to get better so things are on the up.

Would like to see Falcao let off the leash ie in the starting team ,apparently he picked up a knock in training Friday.

His goals to games ratio is amazing but we have hardly seen him

VP is not any where near the player he was 2 years ago and LVG option is to play one up front and bulk up the midfield with 'elbows ' Fellaini

Di Maria is the key if he is on his game,still bemused why RM let him go

Be very surprised if Costa doesn't play.

I guess you didn't watch El Classico thenwink.png

• Like 1

Would like to see Falcao let off the leash ie in the starting team ,apparently he picked up a knock in training Friday.

His goals to games ratio is amazing but we have hardly seen him

VP is not any where near the player he was 2 years ago and LVG option is to play one up front and bulk up the midfield with 'elbows ' Fellaini

Di Maria is the key if he is on his game,still bemused why RM let him go

Be very surprised if Costa doesn't play.

I guess you didn't watch El Classico thenwink.png

Yes, Real took apart Barca's midfield didn't they!!

last season's league table.

1. not Liverpool

2. Liverpool

that's how we saw it, little city just pawns in a bigger game.

It's called denial nev. It's like a disease that'll eat you up from the inside. Come to terms with it, then you can deal with the bitterness. That's what we had to do. I remember watching the City match with you and MrRed (when we beat you) and I could see the denial creeping in both of your faces as you refused to accept that you had been stuffed. Maybe just see a shrink matey laugh.png

last season's league table.

1. not Liverpool

2. Liverpool

that's how we saw it, little city just pawns in a bigger game.

It's called denial nev. It's like a disease that'll eat you up from the inside. Come to terms with it, then you can deal with the bitterness. That's what we had to do. I remember watching the City match with you and MrRed (when we beat you) and I could see the denial creeping in both of your faces as you refused to accept that you had been stuffed. Maybe just see a shrink matey laugh.png

No need to mate, its all true and deep down you know it, you are just an insurance policy a bit like chelsea will be this year.

Raphael becomes officially the 16 th player injured (some more than once) in mid week training this season. Carrington is more like a war zone apparently

Valencia at RB. Where Jones, Evans,Young,Lingard are up to injury wise , heaven only knows.

Still no excuses and Valencia has been there before

Its a rainy, windy, gloomy day here, but I'm happy with City's victory, and pleased that Nev is in a good mood given he really doesn't care much if United lose to City.biggrin.png

never said I don't mind losing to city, I said anyone stopping Liverpool read my post.

We did good and there are signs we are improving, smalling cost us big time.

Edited by nev

Its a rainy, windy, gloomy day here, but I'm happy with City's victory, and pleased that Nev is in a good mood given he really doesn't care much if United lose to City.biggrin.png

never said I don't mind losing to city, I said anyone stopping Liverpool read my post.

We did good and there are signs we are improving, smalling cost us big time.

First and foremost i really enjoyed the game. I thought the ref, who was it, Oliver, was little short of appalling and kept United in the game with totally crass decisions in the first half. City should have been out of sight.

Then the second half and what a difference! Despite the superb Aguero finish, as ever, United were a revelation. The ten man team they had to field (largely due to the stupidity of Smalling) was dismal and yet for the best part of forty minutes United were on the front foot and playing with a passion and team spirit i haven't seen since ferguson's reign. Most importantly it shows very clearly they are playing for and behind the manager.

Fellaini is also a revelation, almost a new signing and this too is extremely important to this side because whilst the hallmark of van Gaal teams is fluid creative attacking play, in this league you need an element of physicality in the middle which Fellaini provides.

At the end of the day City take the points but i'm of the mindset that United have taken rather more from that game and it bodes very well for the future.

bloody well said mate, even though we are worse off than last season I can see signs we are improving all the time, I enjoyed the game too pity we went down to 10 men, but the main thing was the fight we put up, last season under moyes we had lost that.

I agree that United were better once that idiot Smalling was sent off......actually,towards the end,young McNair and Carrick were Uniteds best central defensive partnership to date......not that that is saying much.

But United certainly look a lot better side than they were a few weeks ago after that capitulation at Leicester and,dare I say,that the much maligned De Gea looks the best keeper in the Premiership so far this season.

I thought City were a bit subdued last night.....maybe one eye on the Champions League "must win" in midweek ?

Was disappointed with United loss but pleased with their positive display after Smalling silly send off . Togetherness in United camp is improving . At the start of the season, United players was unknown to each other . That is why it s hard to be gelled together as a team . In few months time , also after the January transfer window (central back only needed) , they will form a strongest squad to match City , Chelsea and Arsenal . Remember , Rome was not built in a day .

Despite all the talk about gelling under LVG etc., the defense will continue to be under the gun. Rojo out, Smalling suspended, Evans and Jones-when do they return ? I agree there is some fire now under LVG that was non existent under Moyes, but the issues with the defense are alarming. Factor in an injured Falcao coming off major knee surgery, an underperforming Van Persie, a truly inconsistent Mata and what do you have ? A team that will be better in the future but the future ain't now.

Just my 2 cents.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

I read today that United's side was the most expensive Premier league team ever fielded.

Strange that, considering their supreme youth policy eh thumbsup.gif

2nd best in Europe mate, thanks for mentioning, thought mcnair and Wilson did a great job in the 2nd half, good to see our manager giving youth a chance.

• Like 2

I read today that United's side was the most expensive Premier league team ever fielded.

Strange that, considering their supreme youth policy eh thumbsup.gif

2nd best in Europe mate, thanks for mentioning, thought mcnair and Wilson did a great job in the 2nd half, good to see our manager giving youth a chance.

Knew you'd pop up on that nev. Are they both from Manchester? Nope, they were imported.

Worst start to your season since 1986. Bwaaa, ha ha ha

Are you sure mate?

I have come on here and its like United are world beaters!!

Improving? Just got a group of misfits if you ask me.

Trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear is Van Gaal.

Take away Di Maria and you are left with a team of SH one T....cheesy.gifcheesy.gif