Manchester United

redrus

Positives to come out of last nigh tafter a first half game that looked more like 2 pub teams going at it

The much maligned defence, playing in this back 3 system that needs to be abandoned, held tough with Rojo probably the best.

Falcao bust his gut and would have had one goal except for a small deflection of a defender.

If anyone doubted young James Wilson's potential that should be put to bed.The kid ,19,has the ability and pace to be a big player for United.

Negatives ....I was banging on weeks ago about Valencia's foul throw ins by not putting the ball well behind his head well he has now decided to lift his back foot up in the air by at least 12 inches .He actually did it twice the ref letting him off the first time ,the second nearly resulted in a goal for QPR. Under 12's manage not to foul throw and here we have an experienced international who doesn't know the rule,beggars belief, what's wrong with him and the coaching staff ???

That's a horrible small pitch Loftus Rd. If they do manage to stay up,which I doubt, they should either move or increase its size and lose a few seats. There is no room to play attractive football with any width.I guess it suits QPR but doesn't lend itself to free flowing football.

Cambridge away Friday maybe we will see the forgotten members of the squad Fletcher , Anderson, Januzaj etc and maybe our new keeper ,then again LVG wont want to lose this one

Can we survive the tricky tie tonight, from what I have heard they are a long Ball team with big lads up front should test our defense, really looking forward to waking up at 3am to watch yeah right, bloody Friday night football what's all that about.

Great result that get in, we should do them back at our place.

I thought we were fantastic as well mate especially in the second half...very difficult playing against a team with no real ambition to win the game,great result and hope the replay is on at a time when i can be arsed watching it biggrin.png

Up for the cup!!!!

LVG should have signed out of his post-match comment in the style of that hilarious out-take of a news reporter feeding back to his news anchor on some incident.

"Louis Van Gaal, Cambridge .... cold, wet, very wet, pi$$ed off, small scruffy ground, terrible ref, very very pi$$ed off!

Just chatting to a mate watching United, says Di Maria is upfront and Phil Jones is taking corners, LvG doing things is way

You'll struggle to get an answer to the Phil Jones taking corners!!

The question i'd also like to ask is how LvG seems to think Fellaini is meant to fit into a side aspiring to play a short passing game? Either play hoof and pick the ridiculous looking bloke or sell him.

Sell him,or train him to be a central defender of course he could also become a rather expensive luxury of a substitute to stick on in the chasing of a winner in the last ten minutes of a game!

He also needs to cut his hair regularly to be taken seriously as a decent footballer i mean when he is older and grey/white give him a red nose and voila!

Pineapple on his head was the same....<deleted>!

Various sources claiming Andrea Pirlo reckons we should always regret allowing Paul Pogba to leave, and theres no chance of him coming back..

There is no doubting the lads ability and the silliness that allowed him to leave, especially seeing as Ravel Morrison had just left the club too but, £75 million, seriously....?

redrus

^

All fair comments mate, and I bear him no ill at all, he's gone on to prove Fergie very very wrong indeed.

Like I said previously, I was sure that he'd get a run after the Morrison debacle and understand his frustration completely, it must beat ours as fans into second place.

Fergie was such a bull nosed barsteward though, I believe now, very much to the detriment of the Club at the end and, in the long run. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't swap that temperament for all the silver we won, but in the end, and considering his £2 million earned last as an Ambassador, he's not done too badly out of the Glazers has he.!

redrus

• Like 1

^

All fair comments mate, and I bear him no ill at all, he's gone on to prove Fergie very very wrong indeed.

Like I said previously, I was sure that he'd get a run after the Morrison debacle and understand his frustration completely, it must beat ours as fans into second place.

Fergie was such a bull nosed barsteward though, I believe now, very much to the detriment of the Club at the end and, in the long run. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't swap that temperament for all the silver we won, but in the end, and considering his £2 million earned last as an Ambassador, he's not done too badly out of the Glazers has he.!

redrus

SAF handled the Pogba situation very badly ,not uncommon when some one is reaching the end of their reign. Anyone watching the reserve games could see that Pogba had huge potential abut it was reported that SAF's comment was "your time will come" Unfortuantly that might have registered in days gone past but not with today's youth and crazy money on offer elsewhere.

Morrison was a different story I'm sure United did everything they could to get Morrison on track even representing and helping him in his court appearances.Kid maybe needs to get OS and hopefully mature and get his life on track..

Reserve fixture the other night featured Mc Nair , Lingaard , Powell, Blackett amongst other promising youngsters ,hopefully their United future will be sorted out. Mc Nair apparently had a suberb game and scored a great goal.. Even Anderson had a run, apparently no one wants him. When he first came to United as an attacking, left footed, mid fielder I think we all had hopes he would be the goods,never realised his potential.

Anderson and potential should be cast in stone as the hallmark of paying massive amounts of money for south Americans that find it really difficult to adapt to the English game although 8 years later you would of thought he would of adapted!

Bad signing,bad player,bad scouting....and a very bad decision to give him a long contract.

December 2010...

Anderson signs new deal

Anderson's outstanding recent form and undoubted potential has been recognised with a new four-and-a-half-year contract extension, which will keep him at Old Trafford until at least June 2015.

The Brazilian has been excellent for the Reds since making a full recovery from the knee ligament injury he suffered last season, and in the last few weeks has produced the type of performances that prove he can fulfil the huge potential with which he arrived in Manchester in 2007.

Sir Alex Ferguson clearly has high hopes for the 22-year-old. "We are delighted he has signed a new contract," the boss told Man Utd.com Anderson has developed tremendously since joining us and he has fantastic potential at only 22; he is going to be a really top player."

Anderson feels he can achieve everything he wants to in his career at Old Trafford. He said: "This is the best club to be at and I would like to thank everyone for the great support I have received over the years.

"I am looking forward to winning many more trophies with United and I am so pleased to have signed a new contract."

Carrick out for 4 weeks with a muscle rupture LVG states at his press conference and Darren Fletcher in West Ham for talks. Leaving it a bit late and can only wish him well if it goes through. Been with the club since he was 11,true professional, over 200 appearances and not a recognised goal scorer but can remember a couple against the big teams that won the match.

To get over his illness, Ulcerative Colitis, was a great effort and a testament to his character, not many do.

I hope he eventually comes back to OT as a coach,something he has done while recovering.apparently well respected by the young brigade

• Like 1

Man Utd XI: De Gea, Valencia, Jones, Rojo, Shaw; Blind, Januzaj, Di Maria, Rooney; Van Persie, Falcao.

Leicester XI: Schwarzer, Simpson, Wasilewski, Morgan, De Laet; Drinkwater, King, Schlupp; Vardy, Kramaric, Ulloa.

Looks like he has gone straight back to a 5-3-2 but that 5 up front is a bit special on there day no steel in there against a very hard working team .....Rooney centre stage.

Man Utd XI: De Gea, Valencia, Jones, Rojo, Shaw; Blind, Januzaj, Di Maria, Rooney; Van Persie, Falcao.

Leicester XI: Schwarzer, Simpson, Wasilewski, Morgan, De Laet; Drinkwater, King, Schlupp; Vardy, Kramaric, Ulloa.

Looks like he has gone straight back to a 5-3-2 but that 5 up front is a bit special on there day no steel in there against a very hard working team .....Rooney centre stage.

Isn't Fellaini vital to your long ball game, Ed?

• Like 1

Isn't Fellaini vital to your long ball game, Ed?

Why is he not playing then?

Very odd; started one game, last week, when Bolton were hammered 4-2 by the mighty Rotherham. There's a ringing endorsement for you. Was previously on the periphery of the periphery of the squad. I wondered what he was doing in the team; now we know. Bolton have got a Swiss 19 yr old midfielder on loan in exchange. Your other odd signing was the full-back from Salford City who hasn't played for 9 months. Used to be on Citeh's books.

Very odd; started one game, last week, when Bolton were hammered 4-2 by the mighty Rotherham. There's a ringing endorsement for you. Was previously on the periphery of the periphery of the squad. I wondered what he was doing in the team; now we know. Bolton have got a Swiss 19 yr old midfielder on loan in exchange. Your other odd signing was the full-back from Salford City who hasn't played for 9 months. Used to be on Citeh's books.

"used to be on Citeh's books" as was Ryan Giggs thumbsup.gif

Game on thaitv7 now been delayed 20mins kick off 805pm due to late arrival of Cambridge fans who are on their first ever away lol.

glad for the delay,my beloved wanted to go out for a leak at 2.45,but job done 3-0,but once again the spot light should be the incompetance of the 3 officials who failand to spot that horredous tackle by cambridge's MCgeehran on di-maria that warrented a red card,all studs showing and on his calf muscle.lucky to survive.

• Like 2

Game on thaitv7 now been delayed 20mins kick off 805pm due to late arrival of Cambridge fans who are on their first ever away lol.

glad for the delay,my beloved wanted to go out for a leak at 2.45,but job done 3-0,but once again the spot light should be the incompetance of the 3 officials who failand to spot that horredous tackle by cambridge's MCgeehran on di-maria that warrented a red card,all studs showing and on his calf muscle.lucky to survive.

post-102811-0-18976100-1423034367_thumb.

• Like 1