Manchester United

redrus

Same team, De Maria on the bench for me.

redrus

Got your wish mate. Looks like Blind at left back to combat Sterling, who I'd like to have seen further forward. Space behind Moreno and Sterling potential problem for us if United exploit it.

Sterling will be playing on the right of a front three surely ?

redrus

Got your wish mate. Looks like Blind at left back to combat Sterling, who I'd like to have seen further forward. Space behind Moreno and Sterling potential problem for us if United exploit it.

Nailed that Stevie.

• Like 1

redrus

Sterling will be playing on the right of a front three surely ?

Big mistake cos he should have been !

redrus

Nailed that Stevie.

brendan got that bang wrong mate. louis was always going to take advantage of a manager 23 years more naive than him. games like that still make me miss rafa.

Funny how our last 2 games where we fully deserved to win was all down to the two teams not turning up, I can only see us getting better and better under Lvg.

• Like 1

Mata probably still cant believe he had so much space to score his 2 goals .My reason for wanting De Maria in the starting side was I thought Liverpool would bully Mata off the ball but they gave him a free ride.Liverpool's defending, apart from the keeper, was shambolic, an accusation previously made against United.

So United have now played 2 good halves of football one v Spurs and this one.

We did see some progress though Jones and Smalling looked like the centre pairing some of us thought they would be a while back and maybe a run without injury has helped.

Noted that De Gea's aerial kicks always targeted Fellaini who made the best of them, he has now become an integral part of the team.

A word of praise for Valencia not many wingers can be turned into full backs he was really solid.

I have liked LVG's approach from day one.Honest in pre and post match interviews and doesn't feel the need to patrol the sidelines. I like that , projects calmness instead of ranting and raving at all and sundry.

So now we wait for Villa ,2 games at home on the trot and the chance of finishing in the top 4 look better but still a long way to go

Strange how many of the leading teams are having just one good half these days. Lack of rotation seems to be a theme.

Arsenal played well in their first half at Newcastle on Saturday night but were gutless, witless and leaderless in the second (hopefully just tiredness). Nothing safe yet, but a 5 to 7 point cushion to the chasing pack (given their poor GD) is better than I would have expected at the start of the month.

Funny how our last 2 games where we fully deserved to win was all down to the two teams not turning up, I can only see us getting better and better under Lvg.

You didn't look that good in the second half when Liverpool pressed you with ten men.

Better defence than ours though! :o

• Like 1

You didn't look that good in the second half when Liverpool pressed you with ten men.

Better defence than ours though! :o

Mate every team will have a spell when they lift and press we held out well, they had only one shot on target not many teams go to anfield and do that.

I agree with you here. The improvement in United these last two games is simply huge. Mata playing has made a lot of the difference but the truth is United are markedly better across the board. I still think the defense is weak but in the last two matches the United midfield has been so dominant the backline hasn't been exposed.

Spurs and Liverpool are decent sides and to simply say they just didn't turn up is way off the mark.

I also think van Gaal should take a lot of credit for the Anfield win.

United sadly have taken the initiative for a top four finish, as have Arsenal.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2

Strange how many of the leading teams are having just one good half these days. Lack of rotation seems to be a theme.

Arsenal played well in their first half at Newcastle on Saturday night but were gutless, witless and leaderless in the second (hopefully just tiredness). Nothing safe yet, but a 5 to 7 point cushion to the chasing pack (given their poor GD) is better than I would have expected at the start of the month.

Poo goal difference? Third best in the league?

When are you buying your Chelsea shirt Santi? I think it's time you changed teams again.

When are you buying your Chelsea shirt Santi? I think it's time you changed teams again.

Read again carefully - "their" refers to the chasing pack.

You seem so intent on being the only Arsenal fan around on here that you're shooting at shadows.

You seem so intent on being the only Arsenal fan around on here that you're shooting at shadows.

Tigerfish and migsy are still around Santi...don't worry! ;)

new profile pic for chicog, santi?

post-102811-0-27629400-1427218668_thumb.

• Like 2

So Skrtel banned too.

Thats a win in their back yard, a wonder goal by Mata, pure comedy with Gerrard & now a 2nd dipper gets 3 match ban....

If Carlsberg did United v Liverpool games......

:lol:

redrus

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Used to enjoy coming on thaivisa, now I will not visit no more, that yellow banner and the stupid banner learn thai with a white guy has ruined any joy on here.

Used to enjoy coming on thaivisa, now I will not visit no more, that yellow banner and the stupid banner learn thai with a white guy has ruined any joy on here.

Nev do what I do - Just ignore them.

iT'S LIKE CATCH UP TV, skip through the adverts and instead of viewing for an hour you watch 40 mins - coffee1.gif

BT biggrin.png

Nev do you always use the same computer and stay logged in? If so, just click the yellow banner once and it disappears until you log out again. I never click the log out button so after clicking the button once it hasn't come back. There was also an instruction in forum support

Another good win, opened up a 8 point gap from the chasing pack for top 4, and we are still not playing as good as we can, set up nicely for the derby next week.

Another good win, opened up a 8 point gap from the chasing pack for top 4, and we are still not playing as good as we can, set up nicely for the derby next week.

Looks like LVG has found the core of a starting eleven. Add in the luxury of bringing on a Di Maria when it suits him.

I've gone from thinking LVG was off to a great start in the preseason, to thinking he was old and blind half way through, and now it looks like he has the idea. I could change my mind again I'm sure.

If United end up in the top 4 you would have to say he has done one heck of a job. Particularly given that very iffy defense outside of DDG.

• Like 1

Looks like LVG has found the core of a starting eleven. Add in the luxury of bringing on a Di Maria when it suits him.

I've gone from thinking LVG was off to a great start in the preseason, to thinking he was old and blind half way through, and now it looks like he has the idea. I could change my mind again I'm sure.

If United end up in the top 4 you would have to say he has done one heck of a job. Particularly given that very iffy defense outside of DDG.

I think over the last few games the defending has improved 100% and maybe that comes from consistent selections and games.Ironically DDG who has been United best player all season let one through his legs I think it was the only save he had to make.

Next game against City will be the big test if United can win that then top 4 is well and truly in their hands. Be nice if you were right Redrus but that's a big ask !

• Like 2