Manchester United

redrus

the internet is hardly country-specific alfie. it's literally a global community. half this football forum doesn't live in thailand at any given moment.

Absolutely stevie.

Forums are all about people who have something in common and in the main, we all probably started on Thaivisa because we have Thailand in common. As the forum grew, it was found that members had other interests in common and so sub-forums have been added.

Although I live in Saudi, I have met loads of members of this forum, mainly whilst holidaying in Thailand.

Just to keep it United related. I met up with nev and MrRed one time for the derby match. City won, so that was fun laugh.png

But don't you have a thai wife bj ? don't you live mostly in Thailand Stevie ? all i am saying is that i don't understand why someone with no Thai connections would want to post on Thai Visa, but hold on, i'm just going to post on here http://www.internations.org/mozambique-expats/forum biggrin.png

I don't live in Thailand, my wife is not Thai either, I used to live in Thailand with my wife who isn't Thai. We travel every year to Thailand, is that enough, or should I delete my account?

the internet is hardly country-specific alfie. it's literally a global community. half this football forum doesn't live in thailand at any given moment.

Absolutely stevie.

Forums are all about people who have something in common and in the main, we all probably started on Thaivisa because we have Thailand in common. As the forum grew, it was found that members had other interests in common and so sub-forums have been added.

Although I live in Saudi, I have met loads of members of this forum, mainly whilst holidaying in Thailand.

Just to keep it United related. I met up with nev and MrRed one time for the derby match. City won, so that was fun laugh.png

But don't you have a thai wife bj ? don't you live mostly in Thailand Stevie ? all i am saying is that i don't understand why someone with no Thai connections would want to post on Thai Visa, but hold on, i'm just going to post on here http://www.internations.org/mozambique-expats/forum biggrin.png

I don't live in Thailand, my wife is not Thai either, I used to live in Thailand with my wife who isn't Thai. We travel every year to Thailand, is that enough, or should I delete my account?

Derrrrrrr, isn't use to live in Thailand having a connection with Thailand ? Derrrrrrrrrrrr biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

^ It would appear so, indeed, it wouldn't surprise me....but as he's in Room 101 with Pishflaps/ES, I can't confirmbiggrin.png

I can confirm (again) that p45 and ES are NOT the same. So can we (everyone) please refrain from insinuating that they are. wai.gif

No no you are wrong Bj cos all the so called experts on here are right biggrin.png

^ Sorry I'll re-phrase.....Room 101 with Pishflaps/ES/Rijit/trickies. Better now?biggrin.png

Edit: Rijit is allowed out occasionally for my 8 year old's English practicethumbsup.gif

So basically anyone who has a pop at your team ! wouldn't you be better off manning up and having a pop back ? biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

Cowards challenge, he's done Shaw, twatted Young, scored (ish) and pumped the air kissing his badge like a bloody hero.

Red Card and suspension, absolute cock of a man. [emoji37]

redrus

Not according to Royston!blink.png

Former Manchester United captain Roy Keane has described the tackle that left Luke Shaw with a double leg fracture as a 'brilliant challenge'.

Shaw underwent an operation on Tuesday night following the incident involving PSV Eindhoven defender Hector Moreno.

3ba2f831-90a0-41da-9ca3-6207f6ce33cd.jpg
Reuters

Keane told ITV: “I thought it was a brilliant challenge. I love the physical side of the game. You can always tell by player reactions and none of the United lads at the time, and players are best judges because they are nearest the tackle, didn’t react over the top thinking it was a bad challenge."

“It was more of an accident with his trailing foot.”

^ It would appear so, indeed, it wouldn't surprise me....but as he's in Room 101 with Pishflaps/ES, I can't confirmbiggrin.png

I can confirm (again) that p45 and ES are NOT the same. So can we (everyone) please refrain from insinuating that they are. wai.gif

The moniker fits though whistling.gif

He's defo chiangmai sam, that was actually amusing.

hello kids!

Manchester United to pay Malcolm Glazer’s six children £15m every year

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/17/manchester-united-malcolm-glazer-children-15m-year

What part of capitalism do football fans not understand? Not pointed specifically at you Stevie, but there seems to be a reported belief among United fans that investors should not treat clubs as part of their normal private investment strategy.

It's pot-luck what type of investor your own football clubs get. Either the:

• I love football, I'm in it for the hobby/glory type like Abramovich/saudi princes; every fans dream, or
  • I'm mostly a financial investor: looking for fast medium/short term returns through dividends or resale; every (Liverpool and Man U) fans nightmare, or
  • I'm mostly a financial investor: not looking for a fast buck or an income but looking for a slow but steady improvement in my investment with no risks taken please (Arsenal's Stan)

Simplistic view of course. With no investment from these types of investor, the Prem would not have developed as rapidly as it has. Some would say that's a good thing. It would of course be possible for the FA to regulate the behaviour of investors to get to a happy medium, but thta would certainly lead to a capital shortage/flight.

• Like 1

^ Sorry I'll re-phrase.....Room 101 with Pishflaps/ES/Rijit/trickies. Better now?biggrin.png

Edit: Rijit is allowed out occasionally for my 8 year old's English practicethumbsup.gif

So basically anyone who has a pop at your team ! wouldn't you be better off manning up and having a pop back ? biggrin.png

man up pop back ???? this poor little scouser fool has ,nt the fortitude to do so,

sarcastic posts, as the one above, is his stock and trade , no tribal banter, or wind ups etc etc , just sheer personal spite,

but alfie conn , he is a scouser, what do u expect ???

its a c/mai sammy happy afternoon to all on the footy forum

hello kids!

Manchester United to pay Malcolm Glazer’s six children £15m every year

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/17/manchester-united-malcolm-glazer-children-15m-year

What part of capitalism do football fans not understand? Not pointed specifically at you Stevie, but there seems to be a reported belief among United fans that investors should not treat clubs as part of their normal private investment strategy.

It's pot-luck what type of investor your own football clubs get. Either the:

• I love football, I'm in it for the hobby/glory type like Abramovich/saudi princes; every fans dream, or
  • I'm mostly a financial investor: looking for fast medium/short term returns through dividends or resale; every (Liverpool and Man U) fans nightmare, or
  • I'm mostly a financial investor: not looking for a fast buck or an income but looking for a slow but steady improvement in my investment with no risks taken please (Arsenal's Stan)

Simplistic view of course. With no investment from these types of investor, the Prem would not have developed as rapidly as it has. Some would say that's a good thing. It would of course be possible for the FA to regulate the behaviour of investors to get to a happy medium, but thta would certainly lead to a capital shortage/flight.

Agreed. Many Man Utd fans can't stomach the facts and some have acted by setting up their own club, FC United of Manchester. Fair play and good luck to them. Others will protest, others will stop going to OT. I think it's worth a mention that Man Utd were for sale on an open market and the biggest supported club in the country & maybe even the world couldn't drum up enough of a shareholding between them to even come close to buying their own club. That isn't a criticism, just a statement of fact. If it hadn't been the Glazers it would have been an Irish consortium or another similar grouping. Having said all that, the Glazer's business model for Utd will be based on them winning trophies, playing in; and possibly winning; the Champions League. They can hardly be accused of keeping their hand in their pockets in pursuit of these aims. There is a bit of envy, I think, because they don't have an owner with endless amounts of money like the one at City.

United fan's shareholding was always less than 5% & stock exchange regulations meant they had to sell to the Glazers .Of course it was buying up Coolmore shares that gave the Glazer's control, but do you think Coolmore would have been better owners if the situation had been reversed? Do you think they could have paid cash for Man Utd? First job would have been to ditch SAF.

Good win last night, I did not watch the game as I am over in Australia right now and was on at 1am, Martial looks a fantastic prospect, expensive yes but who cares how much nowadays.

Mata's goal with 45 passes has to be one of the best goals of the season so far, and Martial took his goals very well.

Sad about Shaw he has been bloody brilliant for us this season hope he can come back and discover the form he was in.

Did anyone notice Rooney getting a firm talking to off LVG in 2nd half, during an injury stoppage? Looked like he was telling him to stop drifting back and get where he's supposed to be. His touch was off again yesterday but Martial showed how to take your chances.

Southampton a tricky prospect for any visitors there.

Alfie , you should know better tradionally utd aint got many manc fans and posters on here ,,,,,,

all thai or londoners:D

rijit

Ahem............... [emoji378]

redrus

And where do live Rus laugh.pnglaugh.png

Closer to bloody Manchester than you do, r kid. [emoji85][emoji23]

redrus

Alfie , you should know better tradionally utd aint got many manc fans and posters on here ,,,,,,

all thai or londoners:D

rijit

Ahem............... [emoji378]

redrus

And where do live Rus laugh.pnglaugh.png

Closer to bloody Manchester than you do, r kid. [emoji85][emoji23]

redrus

No, no pie n mash either. I have 'made' an otpot though [emoji6]

redrus