Manchester United

redrus

If JM changed tack and went 4-4-2, Zlatan as the target-man with either Rashford or Martial playing off him, Mhiki on the right wing and Draxler (if they can get him) Martial or Memphis (If JM can get the best out of him) on the left.

A very exciting attack. Especially if Rooney is as CM/ACM.

We will play 433.

Zlatan's a great signing. Still very fit, world class, big character in the dressing room and can bring immense amount of knowledge and know how to the junior players such as Rashford.

Can't really understand where the argument is in this one.

Sopt on, free transfer and his wages more than covered by his shirt sales.

He will give us a bit of balls. We have been very weak and have been bullied.

He will bring a lot of excitement to the premier league and will terrorize some defences and I cannot wait to see him in a united shirt.

• Like 2

Zlatan's a great signing. Still very fit, world class, big character in the dressing room and can bring immense amount of knowledge and know how to the junior players such as Rashford.

He will bring a lot of excitement to the premier league and will terrorize some defences and I cannot wait to see him in a united shirt.

And as you say, he's basically for free. Its a terrific deal.

• Like 1

Good luck with Mkhitaryan. He needs LOTS of TLC. Hope he will get it from Mourinho smile.png

I'm curious how much we got for him...rumor has it at 42,5mio Euro.

£26 million.

How's your take on him is he any good if he gets TLC?.

Then he is a great player. However, I doubt he will be able to perform at his best. He made it obvious his main moving objective was money. At Dortmund he was a first team player, was voted the best player in the bundesliga. Next season he would've played champions league, but instead chose Europa League. I'm sure ManU will qualify for the CL next season, but why give up certainty for the upcoming season? Only thing I can think of is *drumroll* money.

You could be right!biggrin.png

'German newspaper Bild say they’ve got details of the player’s contract at Manchester United, and presumably that’s from Dortmund’s side.

Mkhitaryan will receive a signing on bonuses of €8m, and his wages will be €12.5m per year, Bild don’t say if that’s before or after tax has been applied. With a fee of around €40m, the newspaper claim it’s easily a €100m deal, in total Manchester United cost, over the period of the player’s contract.'

And as you say, he's basically for free. Its a terrific deal.

Nice to see Zlatan in the EPL though a different club and manager would have suited me. He still has plenty left though I agree with those who think it won't be the easiest of transitions.

Can't wait to see him light up some scribes.

Good luck with Mkhitaryan. He needs LOTS of TLC. Hope he will get it from Mourinho smile.png

£26 million.

Then he is a great player. However, I doubt he will be able to perform at his best. He made it obvious his main moving objective was money. At Dortmund he was a first team player, was voted the best player in the bundesliga. Next season he would've played champions league, but instead chose Europa League. I'm sure ManU will qualify for the CL next season, but why give up certainty for the upcoming season? Only thing I can think of is *drumroll* money.

'German newspaper Bild say they’ve got details of the player’s contract at Manchester United, and presumably that’s from Dortmund’s side.

Mkhitaryan will receive a signing on bonuses of €8m, and his wages will be €12.5m per year, Bild don’t say if that’s before or after tax has been applied. With a fee of around €40m, the newspaper claim it’s easily a €100m deal, in total Manchester United cost, over the period of the player’s contract.'

Of course money played it's part. I never go for this angle at all. At the end of the day these guys are living the dream, getting paid to play football. I always feel once they step on that pitch they don't care how much they get paid. At the level they play at it's not only the skill they have, it's the mindset that is part of the "deal".

JM rarely has howlers in the transfer market. Plus...and this is a big point....guys want to play for him because he can make them better players. I doubt this guy would have come if LVG had still been there.

£26 million.

'German newspaper Bild say theyve got details of the players contract at Manchester United, and presumably thats from Dortmunds side.

Mkhitaryan will receive a signing on bonuses of 8m, and his wages will be 12.5m per year, Bild dont say if thats before or after tax has been applied. With a fee of around 40m, the newspaper claim its easily a 100m deal, in total Manchester United cost, over the period of the players contract.'

Shock horror a player playing for money.

Funny when united buy a player the press go into every detail of the contract other clubs just the fee reported.

Money didn't play PART of the decision. Money was the MAJOR part of this transfer. Of course the name ManU helped a lot too. I dont think he would've moved to China or a second division team if he had an offer that high.

Now, nothing wrong with trying to earn as much money you can while you're still in demand, but I think he put money as a priority over his career.

What can ManU offer him, that Dortmund can't ( except huge amounts of cash )?

With Dortmund he had a guaranteed starting position, he knows the surroundings, he will be a title contender, he will play champions league.

Edited by NiwPix

Money didn't play PART of the decision. Money was the MAJOR part of this transfer. Of course the name ManU helped a lot too. I dont think he would've moved to China or a second division team if he had an offer that high.

Now, nothing wrong with trying to earn as much money you can while you're still in demand, but I think he put money as a priority over his career.

With Dortmund he had a guaranteed starting position, he knows the surroundings, he will be a title contender, he will play champions league.

You seem a bit bitter he had left, are you saying united will not be a title contender this season And Dortmund are? Well welcome to the finishing 2nd to Bayern trophy.

He will play plenty of games at United he will not be a bench warmer.

• Like 1

Not bitter...more disappointed given the motive of his move.

Also, I'm not bashing ManU in any way, I just think there is currently a lot more uncertainty going on than what he had at Dortmund.

And yes, there is a good chance we will end up behind Bayern this season again. Loosing gündogan and Hummels wasn't easy, but manageable. Now also Mhikytarian...it will be difficult to replace all three players seamlessly. But Bayern also have a new coach...maybe he'll "screw up" the first season :)

There's no better manager in the world to better his career.

He is going to win trophies at Man U.

This is a fantastic career move for the guy.

He will be a contender for the EPL AND the CL when they are in it.

Not bitter...more disappointed given the motive of his move.

Also, I'm not bashing ManU in any way, I just think there is currently a lot more uncertainty going on than what he had at Dortmund.

And yes, there is a good chance we will end up behind Bayern this season again. Loosing gündogan and Hummels wasn't easy, but manageable. Now also Mhikytarian...it will be difficult to replace all three players seamlessly. But Bayern also have a new coach...maybe he'll "screw up" the first season smile.png

There's zero uncertainty at Man Utd. All there is is positivity. The Worlds best coach, great players coming in, cash available, full stadium every game.

Zero uncertainty? Whats your starting lineup and formation going to be? smile.png

Anyways, no need to argue over this / him. Only time will tell. Good luck to you guys next season.

I'm not a Man U fan so i am not seeing this with red tinted glasses. He will be in the starting line up. JM wouldn't have signed him as a squad player. You need to learn a bit more about football mate

JM wouldn't have signed him as a squad player.

That's exactly what JM did do, at Chelsea. In fact he used to just buy the best players so other clubs couldn't have them. Doubt United will let him do that though

he bought two teams. This guy isn't a bench warmer

Very impressed with Mourinio's first press conference, glad to see he has stated Rooney is not a midfielder and no more round pegs in square holes.

Looking forward even more to the new season after seeing it.

• Like 1

£100m or more for Pogba...have to laugh at this one!

Theres no doubting his talent and the look of what he could become but for 100m he needs to stop drifting in and out of games because anything other than 100% all the time doesn't meet such a ludicrous price tag.

• Like 1

No way is Mourinho the best manager in the world. Carlo Ancelotti has reached four european cup finals and won three of them. His teams also produce fluid attacking football thats a delight to watch.

The only aspects of the game that Mourinho betters him is in dour defensive displays to kill off a game and thoroughly odious and shithouse behavior

• Like 2

If JM changed tack and went 4-4-2, Zlatan as the target-man with either Rashford or Martial playing off him, Mhiki on the right wing and Draxler (if they can get him) Martial or Memphis (If JM can get the best out of him) on the left.

A very exciting attack. Especially if Rooney is as CM/ACM.

We will play 433.

Nope.

4-2-3-1.

Edited by DLang

No way is Mourinho the best manager in the world. Carlo Ancelotti has reached four european cup finals and won three of them. His teams also produce fluid attacking football thats a delight to watch.

The only aspects of the game that Mourinho betters him is in dour defensive displays to kill off a game and thoroughly odious and shithouse behavior

Well said squire!

And it seems that Franky Bear attended the same charm school as his hero.

• Like 1